BANGKOK
webfact

Go Fund Me appeal saves British couple trapped in hospital on Koh Samui

Inflammatory post and reply reported and removed.  

To whom do you refer? They had travel insurance.
Interesting that there are so many comments from people who are clearly unable or unwilling to read the original article.
Just itching to bash someone regardless.

Just like you

Absolute idiots.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, JamJar said:

To whom do you refer? They had travel insurance.

Interesting that there are so many comments from people who are clearly unable or unwilling to read the original article.

Just itching to bash someone regardless.

Poor comprehension skills for many it seems, or just trying to try to confirm preconceived notions of others. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, meshborg said:

Weelcum to Tilaand stoopid farung toorists.Laand of smile wen we see u monee.U pay fur motobike repair or wee call corupt pleesman.ok..

I thought Thai Visa Forum was English only !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I thought Thai Visa Forum was English only !

That is english

very easy to understand

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

That is english

very easy to understand

Sorry, forgot the LOL or 5555

Either the amount of 463,000 is completely fictitious, or the hospital needs investigating; this amount is preposterous for what limited knowledge we have of the treatment that they received.

I have visited the Bangkok hospital in Hua Hin, which is one of the more expensive ones, several times for different treatments, and fail to see how such a sum could be accumulated. Last December I visited the Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok for a prostate scan with the latest 3T MRI machine (which they don't have in Hua Hin) and the whole procedure and consultation was 20,800 Baht.

I’d be interested to know if they posted a copy of their hospital receipt on the Go Fund Me page (*∆°)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pachalan said:

Either the amount of 463,000 is completely fictitious, or the hospital needs investigating; this amount is preposterous for what limited knowledge we have of the treatment that they received.

I have visited the Bangkok hospital in Hua Hin, which is one of the more expensive ones, several times for different treatments, and fail to see how such a sum could be accumulated. Last December I visited the Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok for a prostate scan with the latest 3T MRI machine (which they don't have in Hua Hin) and the whole procedure and consultation was 20,800 Baht.

I’d be interested to know if they posted a copy of their hospital receipt on the Go Fund Me page (*∆°)

I agree. The bill is way to high. Though it may include a private jet to take them home.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

They had travel insurance. Seems you didn't even bother to read the original article before posting. Impressive. 🙄

Crap reply.

They spent a lot of money for their holidays, however too stingy to supply a sufficient travel insurance with a proper coverage.

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Crap reply.

They spent a lot of money for their holidays, however too stingy to supply a sufficient travel insurance with a proper coverage.

Well we don't know do we, insurance companies will always try to not pay. 

Perhaps the insurance assessors used the "contributing" negligence clauses that are found in many policies.

Any comment on their "stingy" insurance cover is pure supposition. 

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2019 at 1:47 PM, colinneil said:

Up until now i thought it was only Thai drivers who blamed faulty brakes.

If as they claim the bike had dodgy brakes, why did they take it?

Exactly, why not check the bike first before riding off

• Like 1

Always check your health insurance.. many have opt-out clauses if you're on a motorcycle or doing dangerous sports.. having said that... even a Thai health policy only covers you for a percentage of any surgery fees.... 

I just had a quote as an expat 60 years of age from a well known Thai insurance company.

They wanted 45,000 baht premium for one years cover.

But it only paid out a maximum of 20%-30% of any claim (one allowed per year) with a cap of 35,000 baht

and only a maximum of 10,000 baht as an out patient !

If you claimed you wouldn't even get your premium back... how's that for a scam of a policy?

You pay the rest !!!!

On 7/20/2019 at 6:30 AM, oldrunner said:

Go fund me is bu.s.it. My daughter, granddaughter and daughter's beau spent 30 days out of USA via Japan, Bangkok, Pattaya didn't need it but had plenty of insurance. Why so many Brits got their hands out all the time for bar bills (oops Hosp bills), etc. Yanks just hang in until they die.

Because Americans have had to pay for medical insurance in the USA for many years, otherwise what happens if they get sick, or have an accident. The UK has mandatory contributions taken from earnings, so that medical cover, including because of an accident like this are "free"