Did you know you can now buy a Mercedes pickup in Thailand

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

No need to keep an eye on. They are so ugly one cannot miss seeing them when on the expressway.

Who cares if they are ugly? A bit like Thai women in that respect.

I'd like a Tesla pick-up with a solar cell roof and bonnet, for about 400k baht. 500km range. Next year?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B 4 million (UKP 100K) for a luxury pick-up? The mind boggles; won't fly off the shelve for the time being.

I assume that the main reason for the pick-up popularity is the lower taxation/excise in Thailand. So another toy for the rich and famous has been introduced now with a pick-up featuring the world's most famous star on the bonnet! 

4 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

B 4 million (UKP 100K) for a luxury pick-up? The mind boggles; won't fly off the shelve for the time being.

I assume that the main reason for the pick-up popularity is the lower taxation/excise in Thailand. So another toy for the rich and famous has been introduced now with a pick-up featuring the world's most famous star on the bonnet! 

But if Merc discontinue their venture it may become a classic....????

On 7/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, Pilotman said:

Just one more brand that Thai drivers can kill themselves ( and thousands of others) in. 

I pretty sure that the vast majority of road deaths are moped related.

I would love to see your stats on Thai fatalities in pick up trucks of any brand.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:52 AM, Just Weird said:

I'm not disputing the death statistics (can't anyone on this forum read?), I was asking about the IQ/death correlation remark.

I don't think high IQ has anything to do with driving ability, the questions posed in the

tests I've done have no logical link to driving.

What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to

say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers. A double bash in one comment is

pretty good going for this place.

By the way, I did abysmally in all the IQ tests I attempted but I am probably the best driver

on the planet!!

Back on topic, it does look like a Nissan with a Merc badge. It is an

awful amount of money to spend on any kind of vehicle, let alone a

pick up truck.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, Creasy said:

Isn't it just a re-badged Nissan ?

Sure, buy the owner will have a lot of FACE with the MB badge ! They can afford it at the top  !

31 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I don't think high IQ has anything to do with driving ability, the questions posed in the

What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to

say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers. A double bash in one comment is

By the way, I did abysmally in all the IQ tests I attempted but I am probably the best driver

on the planet!!

pick up truck.

If you were to give Thai drivers an IQ test of driving questions the vast majority would have a very low score. And that is not Thai bashing.

58 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

on the planet!!

pick up truck.

"What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers".

Yes, I realized that, that's why I asked him the question that I was sure he wouldn't have an answer for!

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, VocalNeal said:

There was a company in Northern England that would take the innards out of MGB's and put them in Marina pickup bodies. Once upon a time I was going to get one and put a US style camper on the back. 

Definitely a Morris Marina, renown as being the worst rust bucket produced by BL ever.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, VocalNeal said:

There was a company in Northern England that would take the innards out of MGB's and put them in Marina pickup bodies. Once upon a time I was going to get one and put a US style camper on the back. 

You could buy a Marina with MGB stuff in it. MGB had the regular BMC 1800cc B engine with twin carbs, some BMC saloons had the same stuff..

On 7/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, transam said:

How true; see VW which managed precisely three successful cars, the van/bus, the beetle and the golf/rabbit. All the rest was loud farting in the 60s, 70s and early 80s - some became seriously sought-after classics (T14 and even more so T34 spring to mind) ???? 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, transam said:

So is a Wartburg or even a Trabant?

Although in fairness I may be being a bit unfair to the Wartburg.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, shy coconut said:

on the planet!!

pick up truck.

theres always going to be someone richer or poorer than you shy coco. maybe 100k is peanuts to some?

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The ultimate apologist. I'm sure Just Weird is in a basement somewhere and forced to make these comments under duress

Apologist? Why, exactly?   Did I dispute the figures in that comment?  I just made a reference to Pilotman's hackneyed, old comment that some people drag out at the slightest opportunity.

Odd how some people who cannot come up with a rational response so often just revert to a flame or personal attack.

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Apologist? Why, exactly?   Did I dispute the figures in that comment?  I just made a reference to Pilotman's hackneyed, old comment that some people drag out at the slightest opportunity.

Odd how some people who cannot come up with a rational response so often just revert to a flame or personal attack.

Pot, kettle, kettle pot......:whistling:

Archived