BANGKOK
davidst01

Did you know you can now buy a Mercedes pickup in Thailand

Well worth watching if you can find the full episode.  The boys do a comparison of a Mercedes X-class, a Ford Ranger and a Volkswagen Amarok.

58 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I don't think high IQ has anything to do with driving ability, the questions posed in the

tests I've done have no logical link to driving.

What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to

say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers. A double bash in one comment is

pretty good going for this place.

By the way, I did abysmally in all the IQ tests I attempted but I am probably the best driver

on the planet!!

Back on topic, it does look like a Nissan with a Merc badge. It is an

awful amount of money to spend on any kind of vehicle, let alone a

pick up truck.

"What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers".

Yes, I realized that, that's why I asked him the question that I was sure he wouldn't have an answer for!

And you can also get your head x-ray done at a hospital if you buy one , although I doubt they will find much inside it !!

Posted (edited)

only you didn't know it seems !

New on Internet ?

🙂

By the way, some rumors already announcing the end of the Benz Pick up. Sad for farmers with style as I am ❤️

Edited by plfomylo

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, VocalNeal said:

There was a company in Northern England that would take the innards out of MGB's and put them in Marina pickup bodies. Once upon a time I was going to get one and put a US style camper on the back. 

Definitely a Morris Marina, renown as being the worst rust bucket produced by BL ever.

On 7/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, VocalNeal said:

There was a company in Northern England that would take the innards out of MGB's and put them in Marina pickup bodies. Once upon a time I was going to get one and put a US style camper on the back. 

You could buy a Marina with MGB stuff in it. MGB had the regular BMC 1800cc B engine with twin carbs, some BMC saloons had the same stuff..

On 7/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, transam said:

But if Merc discontinue their venture it may become a classic....😋

How true; see VW which managed precisely three successful cars, the van/bus, the beetle and the golf/rabbit. All the rest was loud farting in the 60s, 70s and early 80s - some became seriously sought-after classics (T14 and even more so T34 spring to mind) 😉 

On 7/23/2019 at 12:38 PM, transam said:

But if Merc discontinue their venture it may become a classic....😋

So is a Wartburg or even a Trabant?

Although in fairness I may be being a bit unfair to the Wartburg.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, shy coconut said:

I don't think high IQ has anything to do with driving ability, the questions posed in the

tests I've done have no logical link to driving.

What I think the poster who brought up the driving/IQ connection was clumsily trying to

say was that all Thais are stupid and bad drivers. A double bash in one comment is

pretty good going for this place.

By the way, I did abysmally in all the IQ tests I attempted but I am probably the best driver

on the planet!!

Back on topic, it does look like a Nissan with a Merc badge. It is an

awful amount of money to spend on any kind of vehicle, let alone a

pick up truck.

theres always going to be someone richer or poorer than you shy coco. maybe 100k is peanuts to some?

On 7/19/2019 at 7:26 PM, Just Weird said:

Really?  Never heard that old chestnut trotted out before!

The ultimate apologist. I'm sure Just Weird is in a basement somewhere and forced to make these comments under duress

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The ultimate apologist. I'm sure Just Weird is in a basement somewhere and forced to make these comments under duress

Apologist? Why, exactly?   Did I dispute the figures in that comment?  I just made a reference to Pilotman's hackneyed, old comment that some people drag out at the slightest opportunity.

Odd how some people who cannot come up with a rational response so often just revert to a flame or personal attack.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Apologist? Why, exactly?   Did I dispute the figures in that comment?  I just made a reference to Pilotman's hackneyed, old comment that some people drag out at the slightest opportunity.

Odd how some people who cannot come up with a rational response so often just revert to a flame or personal attack.

Pot, kettle, kettle pot......:whistling:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Pot, kettle, kettle pot......:whistling:

Explain how that is so, specifically.  If you can.