deleting cookies

1FinickyOne

On 7/19/2019 at 9:02 AM, Slip said:

How do you know?

I'm hoping you actually mean "How do I know which browser I'm using?".

The icon (little picture) you click on to start the browser should indicate which program you're using.

The 4 icons below are for: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.

There are a few more less popular browsers that I haven't included.

Let us know which one you're using.

iconfinder_5348_-_Safari_1313574.png

iconfinder_chrome_317753.png

iconfinder_internet-explorer_317737.png

iconfinder_5349_-_Firefox_1313575.png

I use chrome and safari... do I have to delete off both?

On 7/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, gamb00ler said:

Each browser manages its own cookies and the instructions are specific to each.

What browser do  you use?  Safari, Chrome, Brave, Firefox or ?

18 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I use Brave and Chrome browsers and they have separate cookie storage so I have to delete in both places to remove all copies of a (or all) cookie.  But Chrome does not use Brave cookies and vice versa.

Cookies are very convenient and I only delete specific cookies when I want to reset the number of free articles from the online news sites that put restrictions on how many you can read without subscribing.

For Chrome, go to this link: chrome://settings/siteData.  That page is a convenient way to see what Chrome cookies are stored on your computer.  You can search for specific cookies and then delete them individually or all at once.

13 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

For Chrome, go to this link: chrome://settings/siteData.

Thanks 00 but could not click there - even tried www. in front and got nowhere... good luck with your move to HD... 

I have been deleting cookies individually so as to save the ones I use and need, but some don't delete - they just come right back seconds later...

20 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Thanks 00 but could not click there - even tried www. in front and got nowhere... good luck with your move to HD... 

I have been deleting cookies individually so as to save the ones I use and need, but some don't delete - they just come right back seconds later...

Heh.... I didn't try that link, I just copied and pasted from my bookmarks bar.  That "link" does work if you select, copy and then paste into the chrome address bar.  I thought it was a clickable link, but I guess not.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, kenk24 said:

Open Safari App > Click "Safari" > Click "Preferences" > Click "Privacy" > Click "Manage Website Data" > Click "Remove all website data" or Search for the specific website you want to remove, and remove that. 

Archived