Two 90 Day/TM30 reports from friends

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did he get a re-entry permit? Just thinking a border hop or short international trip every 90 days to get rid of the 90 day reporting requirement would be a solution.

(Although would he need to do a TM30...? ????)

Not sure but I doubt it. But I am having issues getting a tm30 from my landlady though she says she applied by mail - the internet tm30 was not working for her - but that was 6 weeks ago and she is still waiting. I still have a month till my 90 day is due but if she has not gotten it back I was thinking of just going to Laos for a few days and come back, But then someone said you still have to report that you left and came back at CW - and I just went arghh. I have never reported any of my movements before but I expect they will start noting that - oh you left the country and came back and didn't report it. There will be a fine. 

10 hours ago, BrianBkyn said:

I have never reported any of my movements before but I expect they will start noting that - oh you left the country and came back and didn't report it. There will be a fine.

At CW I believe they want you to report every time you return nowadays. Obviously if they have no way of knowing you have been away you could skip a few. I have yet to hear of multiple fines though, ie someone who has been bouncing around a bit. Doesn't say it won't happen though. 

On 7/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, griffon2011 said:

This situation sort of explains the problems I had at CW yesterday.  On July 2 I gave my passport to a BKK agent to do my 90 day report due on July 8th.  I asked her to check on the TM30 and let me know if there was a problem with that. I contacted her on the 9th to check the status and it was promised on Friday 12th. On Friday no call and office locked. I finally got my passport back late on Monday the 15th but with no receipt.  Thinking she did not file it and I was late I went to CW and explained to the IO that I didn't think the agent filed the 90 day.  She checked and said she did file but at another office and that was not good and I was going to have a problem at the next 90 day.  I asked what kind of problem and she just stared through me and did not reply.  I asked how to fix it and got the same blank look and no reply.  My landlord who was there to address any TM30 issues asked her to print out a new copy of the 90 day receipt from her computer and she said "No, go see your agent."  I asked to file a new 90 day and again got no reply and a this "conversation" is over stare so I just walked out wondering <deleted> that was all about.  Today I went to the agent and she said my passport got mixed up with a batch going to another office.  I don't know what to believe and not sure where to go from here.  Any suggestions? 

dont use an agent!

On 7/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, rott said:

And your information for this comes from where exactly?

I suspect it comes from your own imagination. You are being very specific about things that have yet to happen and are very unlikely to happen. And you contradict yourself, if your extension this year is in the bag it cannot be "unbagged", the scenario you visualise for next year cannot affect it.

I do not think it beyond the realms of possibility, that after March 2020, on retirement extension renewals, based on money in the bank, that Immigration will look a little deeper than simply the 2 months pre-seasoning. There is perhaps 3 months of 800k+7 months of 400k that was obligated, but was not checked up on. We all know that rules that are never policed are dead, useless, can be forgotten, nor is it a Modus operandi I expect that IOs will not verify this, and make use of it. You are applying for a new retirement extension, the old (in the bag) one still has 30 days to run, shall we check if you complied with the terms and conditions of that. No, you did not.... sorry...... no renewal.

Go see that agent..... gotchya.

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/20/2019 at 4:23 AM, lamyai3 said:

This is just one example of what could go wrong with using agents in the modern era of immigration. Until the rules on the 800k were changed, agents were basically a one stop deal - you paid your money, they fixed your papers, and you got your extension. No retrospective checks were made by immigration, and your next year extension was a totally unrelated matter, at which time you could use the same agent, a different one, or bring in the money to season and do it by yourself. Any 90 day reporting offered by agents was just there to sweeten the deal, but you could just as easily choose to file these yourself, and until April there was zero complication on 90 day reports in CW and most other places, as the TM30 was never asked for there.

Fast forward to the current situation - the role of the agent is now very different from before, in spite of their assurances that it's all business as usual. This is because of the unprecedented post seasoning requirements, meaning that no extension is really in the bag until 12 months after the event when applying for the next one. At this point the agent will have to confirm that both the pre-seasoning for the upcoming extension is taken care of, and the post-seasoning rules for the previous year's extension have been met retrospectively. Never before in the history of immigration has getting an extension involved proving that you complied by the rules pertaining to the previous year - this places the agent in a very powerful position, as the applicant has no choice but to keep using them. If any kind of overhaul or crackdown happens, or certain agents lose their connections, the person with the extension will be the one affected. I'll be curious to see what happens with extensions at the second renewal under this new system, and if prices are hiked to take into account the extra work involved. The whole thing smacks of one of those mafia deals you're lured into and can never walk away from. 

Good explanation of the new situation for those using agents, that's it all in a nut shell.

11 hours ago, ericthai said:

dont use an agent!

I assume you don't use Chaeng Wattana. I am jealous as hell I wish I did not have to use it.

Doing a 90 day through an agent (downtown BKK has loads of the them who provide this legal service) is normally very straight forward and for me cheaper than getting to CW and back, never mind the potential hours of waiting around, and trying not to despair at the bureaucracy gone mad once I get there. One also has the satisfaction of having the 90 day report within 48 hours.