AliExpress delivery slow ??

Andrew Dwyer

Made an order with AliExpress ( Lazada had the item but was expensive )

I ordered it 2 weeks ago and the seller has shipped but it’s still at the airport ( China ), delivery was quoted as today until Aug 8th.

The item I ordered weighs 160g only.

I’ve ordered several items from China ( via Lazada ) and they have taken no more than 6 days each time.

I’m not desperate for the item and was aware of the possible long lead time but wondered if this is typical of AliExpress ??

TIA

Andy

• Haha 1

For me most of the time it takes about 10 to 14 days and sometimes a little longer.

The cheap tracking is unreliable. Just today I received two small bags which didn't show in the tracking at all in the last weeks. Today, after I had it in my hand the tracking showed some info from an airport.

Some tracking works fine. But often you have to pay extra for that.

• Like 1

All depends on the shipping method seller has chosen . If it’s registered air mail 10-14 days if others in 99% of the time you do not receive it but wait for 2-3 months to get your money back.

i am some super duper titanium buyer , so lots of orders and this is what happens . Also waiting for 2 items 2 months already, opened disputes and told to wait for 10 more days and then 10 more days and then 10 more.

• Like 1

Depends on the shipping method

"China post ordinary small packet plus" takes about 2 weeks.

For example "Yanwen economic air mail" maybe 3-6 weeks.

Currently i'm waiting on a package sent using "4PX Singapore post om pro", ordered 4 weeks ago, didn't arrive yet.

So far, out of about 50 orders, 2 orders did not arrive. After 60 days are over and you open a dispute for it you get the money back.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

I’ve ordered quite a few things from AliExpress and they’ve all turned up in around 8-10 days as far as I can remember. Lazada are terrible in my experience: they can take 6 days to get stuff from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1

Depends on the shipping method
"China post ordinary small packet plus" takes about 2 weeks.
For example "Yanwen economic air mail" maybe 3-6 weeks.
Currently i'm waiting on a package sent using "4PX Singapore post om pro", ordered 4 weeks ago, didn't arrive yet.

So far, out of about 50 orders, 2 orders did not arrive. After 60 days are over and you open a dispute for it you get the money back.

Okay thanks, I didn’t realise that things could take so long !!
I saw the count down clock and the dispute button.

I’ve ordered quite a few things from AliExpress and they’ve all turned up in around 8-10 days as far as I can remember. Lazada are terrible in my experience: they can take 6 days to get stuff from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

You seem to have a different experience than most, although there were quite a few people claiming Lazada has gone downhill on another thread.

My experience is Lazada (local) a few days, I ordered an item last Friday and it arrived Monday, Lazada (China) no more than 6 days.
But I am an hour drive north of BKK so location is a factor it seems.

But, on the other hand you are getting stuff from AliExpress in 8 - 10 days which is okay and I would be perfectly happy with that.

Not sure I can plan 6 weeks in advance for my stuff !!

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Most sellers offer a variety of shipping options. If you don't want to wait 3-6 weeks then just choose to pay something extra. The "China post ordinary small packet plus" usually costs just a little bit extra (something like 40-60 THB for small items) and you will usually receive it within 2 weeks

• Like 1

Most sellers offer a variety of shipping options. If you don't want to wait 3-6 weeks then just choose to pay something extra. The "China post ordinary small packet plus" usually costs just a little bit extra (something like 40-60 THB for small items) and you will usually receive it within 2 weeks

Yes, I must admit I went back into my order and looked in more detail .
There’s 4 free shipping options plus another 11 paid options at various cost.

That’s a lot of options !!
I didn’t realise that and was going by the Lazada way where often shipping has limited, if any , options.

Thanks for the tip.

19 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

I also wonder why Lazada is always faster than Aliexpress even when items come from China ?

Maybe if they have i.e. 10 orders they combine it and send it relative fast from China to Thailand and then distribute it in Thailand. Maybe, it's just a guess.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe if they have i.e. 10 orders they combine it and send it relative fast from China to Thailand and then distribute it in Thailand. Maybe, it's just a guess.

With Lazada if you do not get item within specified dates , lazada refunds immediately. AliExpress does not. So sellers on lazada do not mark around but on aliexpress they do.

also many on aliexpress selling drop ship , they do not hold any stock , just pass it on to actual sellers and they ship when they ship 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

With Lazada if you do not get item within specified dates , lazada refunds immediately. AliExpress does not. So sellers on lazada do not mark around but on aliexpress they do.

also many on aliexpress selling drop ship , they do not hold any stock , just pass it on to actual sellers and they ship when they ship 

But it seems on AliExpress lots of parts are a lot cheaper than Lazada and they "warn" you that the delivery takes a long time.

If someone needs something for a good price but not urgently then AliExpress is a valid option.

• Like 1

But it seems on AliExpress lots of parts are a lot cheaper than Lazada and they "warn" you that the delivery takes a long time.
If someone needs something for a good price but not urgently then AliExpress is a valid option.

That’s exactly what I will be using them for.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

You seem to have a different experience than most, although there were quite a few people claiming Lazada has gone downhill on another thread.

My experience is Lazada (local) a few days, I ordered an item last Friday and it arrived Monday, Lazada (China) no more than 6 days.
But I am an hour drive north of BKK so location is a factor it seems.

But, on the other hand you are getting stuff from AliExpress in 8 - 10 days which is okay and I would be perfectly happy with that.

I think I normally choose one of the paid postage options (I can’t remember all of the orders) so that might be a factor. And maybe some vendors are a lot slower than others when it comes to dispatching orders: most of my orders have been for “Chi-Fi” IEMs (earphones), apart from a few shaving brushes.

I have to admit, I have an axe to grind with Lazada. Apart from the fact I find it ridiculous that I can have something sent from the UK to Thailand in the same time it takes for an order from a Lazada vendor in Bangkok to reach Chiang Mai, there are a lot of fake products on their site and what’s worse, they try to cover it up. I bought fake Ernie Ball guitar strings from two vendors, along with fake D’Addario strings from another, and Lazada rejected my reviews, thereby keeping other customers in the dark. I got Ernie Ball in the USA involved in the end and they did manage to get one vendor’s product listing removed but the whole process was torturous and nobody offered to refund me. Lazada claim to operate a “zero tolerance policy” for counterfeit goods, which is laughable. Apologies for going off topic but that’s why I don’t shop with them at all anymore.

• Like 1

I think I normally choose one of the paid postage options (I can’t remember all of the orders) so that might be a factor. And maybe some vendors are a lot slower than others when it comes to dispatching orders: most of my orders have been for “Chi-Fi” IEMs (earphones), apart from a few shaving brushes.

I have to admit, I have an axe to grind with Lazada. Apart from the fact I find it ridiculous that I can have something sent from the UK to Thailand in the same time it takes for an order from a Lazada vendor in Bangkok to reach Chiang Mai, there are a lot of fake products on their site and what’s worse, they try to cover it up. I bought fake Ernie Ball guitar strings from two vendors, along with fake D’Addario strings from another, and Lazada rejected my reviews, thereby keeping other customers in the dark. I got Ernie Ball in the USA involved in the end and they did manage to get one vendor’s product listing removed but the whole process was torturous and nobody offered to refund me. Lazada claim to operate a “zero tolerance policy” for counterfeit goods, which is laughable. Apologies for going off topic but that’s why I don’t shop with them at all anymore.

Okay, yes, I wasn’t aware of all the shipping options.

I know what you mean about having an axe to grind.
Back in the uk I bought a relatively cheap item ( with Amazon or EBay) that was supposed to come with 2 x AA batteries but it didn’t. I went to give negative feedback , as the batteries were clearly in the description,and it wouldn’t allow negative feedback before 7 days had expired !!

I felt manipulated and vowed never to use them again.

26 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, yes, I wasn’t aware of all the shipping options.

I know what you mean about having an axe to grind.
Back in the uk I bought a relatively cheap item ( with Amazon or EBay) that was supposed to come with 2 x AA batteries but it didn’t. I went to give negative feedback , as the batteries were clearly in the description,and it wouldn’t allow negative feedback before 7 days had expired !!

I felt manipulated and vowed never to use them again.

Don’t get me started on Amazon or eBay: I’m amazed at how these two enormous companies operate on a daily basis. One thing they both have in common is that their ‘customer service agents’ will never admit they (as a company) have made a mistake.

Edited by Mark1066
  • Like 1