Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 00:45
dreaming

Expats with kids

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What really annoys me is when a Thai asks if you have kids and when you say no they then ask why...

 

My wife and I were both asked the ‘why not’ question twice, once by a shop vendor and once by a builder And I feel like saying mind your own business.

 

Don’t worry even if you don’t have kids Your genes wont die out like some people think since everyone shares 99% of the same genes anyway and the remaining 1% is probably around with nieces nephews brother sisters etc. 

 

Youll probably be doing the world overpopulation issue a favour anyhow 

 

If you can afford to help some  orphanage kids who dont have a family already maybe.

 

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having kids with a Thai is ok only if you care nothing and are not worried for his future.

Otherwise, better (if any better) have only kids in farangland. But of course, so much better to never have kids and shooot blank.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NightSky said:

What really annoys me is when a Thai asks if you have kids and when you say no they then ask why...

 

My wife and I were both asked the ‘why not’ question twice, once by a shop vendor and once by a builder And I feel like saying mind your own business.

 

Don’t worry even if you don’t have kids Your genes wont die out like some people think since everyone shares 99% of the same genes anyway and the remaining 1% is probably around with nieces nephews brother sisters etc. 

 

Youll probably be doing the world overpopulation issue a favour anyhow 

 

If you can afford to help some  orphanage kids who dont have a family already maybe.

 

 

I just reply they that I don't like kids, so they feel even more shocked ! But then I add that I love dogs and my GF cannot give birth to any dog.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andyfez said:

On arrival, head straight up Sukhumvit Soi 12 to the hospital near cabbages and condoms.

Free vasectomy 

Mai me pun ha!

 

 

They don't do it if you are single without kids.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Had 4 in the UK, now aged 17 to 32.
Have 2 in Thailand aged 8 to 20.
 
It's great having kids around the house.
I'm also a much better dad now, I'm around all the time for them, and am much more easy going now I don't have to work every day.

That’s the spirit BritMannToo. Was a bit worried about your post the other day but this post sounds brighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two in their 30's in UK and one 7 in Thailand. Wife did't have any kids so it was only fair to let her have one. She does bring some joy to my declining years, but get tired too! And, since Brexit, results in a tight budget.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drank too much in the UK to be any use to a wife and kids

 

In Thailand has proved to be a different story, wouldn't be without them, they are 13 and 17 are entertaining, intelligent, helpful, seem to enjoy life. They are smart and affable enough that I do not worry about their education, as long as they can calculate numbers, and think for themselves, they can so far.

 

All down to my wife and Yai of course, Their tough love is sometimes a joy to behold but it works 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...