Iran says it seized British tanker, denies U.S. brought down drone

rooster59

9 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well we all seen that coming, (all except the idiots running the UK security) Duh !!

That's what happens when you allow your Navy to be run down to a few ships and elect complete tossers to your parliament over and over again.

Even the thickest prick in the government must've seen that coming as Iranian leaders warned them several times and had one attempt thwarted. <deleted>, not rocket science.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Iran has every right tom stop the  tanker , IF INDEED THE TANKER BROKE THE RULES .

Why did the tanker switch its tracker off ?

Could be that the Iranians are being provoked into a war 

Reports of it being in collision with an Iranian fishing boat would make sense since the incident of last week when Iranian patrol boat tried to force a British tanker into Iranian waters, they know next time we may actually engage and sink them next time so now they are using fishing boats to force ships to take avoiding action.

Iran's state-run IRNA news agency said the tanker was seized after it collided with a fishing boat and failed to respond to calls from the smaller craft.

The vessel's owners said it was fully complying with regulations and was in international waters when it was approached.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49054586

Clearly it had changed course and was well inside Iranian waters on the last plot but probably was seized in international waters.

_107952626_stena_tanker_gulf_640map-nc-3.png.d1f4ac89782964606f775b0f76bae61c.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49054586

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

That's what happens when you allow your Navy to be run down to a few ships and elect complete tossers to your parliament over and over again.

Even the thickest prick in the government must've seen that coming as Iranian leaders warned them several times and had one attempt thwarted. <deleted>, not rocket science.

Finally a reasonable man!! Why should the US pay to everything to pacify Iran for Israel and the Saudis ? Stop spending all that money on NHS and pensioners,  buy some more warships and jump in.

Irony alert. 

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So you don't think Middle Eastern or Asian governments lie then? Right to..

Fyi ,   all goverments lie , democracy my arse..

15 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well we all seen that coming, (all except the idiots running the UK security) Duh !!

Exscuse me , these idiots are highly intelligent graduates . 

The right type , with the right family DNA .  

One cannot be too careful , in this day and age ...

What puzzles me is Why they let the MV Mesdar go which is Liberian flagged was owned and operated by a UK company based in Glasgow.

Yet the seized a UK flagged ship owned and operated by the Swedes

Maybe the thought of a few Glaswegians coming to get their boat back scared the s#!t out of them. 

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Fyi ,  UK  is broke .. even more broken with brexit .

Stupid pricks , voted brexit . You may quote me..

PS ,  i dont give a monkeys , about Iran .. 

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

what’s good for the goose is good for the gander

Exactly. The UK started this and the Iranian response was of equal and reasonable measure. If the Tory Twits want their ship back then release the Iranian ship. Easy as that. Why did they get involved in this Suni vs Shia/Jew vs Persian nonsense?

About 80% of what Trump says or tweets are lies so I tend to think the Yanks did shoot down their own drone. Like written elsewhere, no one beats the Yanks at friendly fire, 555!

On 7/20/2019 at 5:17 AM, rooster59 said:

A U.S. official said the drone was brought down by electronic jamming.

Just an after-thought:

USS Boxer Used Electronic Jamming To Take Down Iranian Drone, Pentagon Sources Say

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/19/743444053/u-s-official-says-government-has-evidence-iran-drone-was-destroyed

• a Pentagon source says the drone in Thursday's encounter was found to be unarmed.
  • a Pentagon official clarified that the Boxer used electronic jamming measures to take out the drone.
  • official did not provide specifics so as not to reveal information about the ship's capabilities.

There's little doubt to me that the U.S. Navy knew what type of drone they targeted (assuming it correctly identified it as Iranian and not from a different nation or news agency) as not only did it have clear visual contact with the drone (10 a.m. local time), but knew the specific electronic remote navigation system being used by the drone for jamming. My guess - the Hazem drone used as a target for Iranian air defense systems and reconnaissance missions. A likely very expendable and electronically vulnerable drone.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:14 PM, elliss said:

Exscuse me , these idiots are highly intelligent graduates . 

The right type , with the right family DNA .  

One cannot be too careful , in this day and age ...

When, or if, Boris becomes PM this week then no doubt he will ratchet up the UK's level of stupidity regarding this Iranian issue, firmly falling into line with US rhetoric.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:42 PM, meand said:

Iran agreed to much tighter oversight on their nuclear programs for US lifting sanctions.

Sanctions are essentially "bombs" that kill women and children, slowly. So they are somehow much more acceptable. 

US denied the offer. They clearly want a war. Iran has AGREED to be completely monitored and shut off from any nuclear development. 

If you read the news, actually read what is going on, it is easy to see who is war mongering and profiteering here, and who just wants to be left alone and go about their business. 

Iran did not agree to what you claim. Comments were more that there's room for negotiations on this score. I don't know that this was outright "denied" by the USA.

Sanctions are sanctions. They aren't bombs. Twist away.

Describing Iran as "just want to be left alone and go about its business" is quite out there. But do go on about following news...

On 7/21/2019 at 3:28 AM, pegman said:

Exactly. The UK started this and the Iranian response was of equal and reasonable measure. If the Tory Twits want their ship back then release the Iranian ship. Easy as that. Why did they get involved in this Suni vs Shia/Jew vs Persian nonsense?

About 80% of what Trump says or tweets are lies so I tend to think the Yanks did shoot down their own drone. Like written elsewhere, no one beats the Yanks at friendly fire, 555!

No, it wasn't "equal and responsible". Not equal as in there are no comparable sanctions in place to enforce and not reasonable unless playing with fire is. I wouldn't know that the British ship is Tory, but obviously some posters would spew just about any incoherent nonsense to make a "point".

Archived