True Internet... download limit and quality

saramsland

Hi.. ive just signed a contract to rent in sukhumvit 31 and looking to connect my internet.

Does True Fibre have a limit on the amount of download you can do per month? I can only find information on download limits in regards to speed.

Also.. does anyone have any info on the reliability of the fibre internet in that area?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

True Optic fiber is generaly superior to the others... but bare in mind, is fiber to the building and not to your home (usually).

On my condo in Bangkok, only CAT, AIS and True are allowed.

I live on the 28th floor, so AIS told me that the max speed they can offer is 50 Mbps.

Tried CAT and they refused to install 100 Mbps.

Finally installed true with the 100 Mbps plan and I actually get 140 Mbps.

Coaxial cable through the building, optic fiber to the building.

Got a call from True recently to inform that they would like to change it to full fiber.... but the "we will call again" as never arrived.

International peering after 6 pm suffers a little... but still in the 80+ range.

I have some connectivity drops randomly during the day, once in a while for a few seconds.

I spend in average 350 to 500 GB per month and so far, no issues.

As with everything in Thailand, your mileage may vary.

My Truemove bill for last month contained a shock. My package says 'Unlimited', but the bill was 50% higher than usual because I had exceeded the limit. plus some other unspecified charges. I tried to speak to their Callcentre but every time i pressed a key for 'English' I was auto replied to in Thai and then cut-off.  I then visited my nearest True shop and they saw my point of view regarding the word 'Unlimited'. They spoke to Head Office and said my account will be credited by the Extras and VAT. Remains to be seen though! 

Thanks for the replies guys. If i get any odd charges i just wont pay and goto their office first, credit should be easy that way if it happens. My building also only offers 100mbps although generally with wifi there is a max of around 5mbps i believe hence why i use an ethernet cable. Hoping there will not be too many issues with it after installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My WiFi delivers nearly identical speed as direct connect.  True seems to have an anti farang vibe, and AIS is just a little better.  AIS backed out of mine, because it was full.  True showed up with the building engineer and said I had to pay 2400 for a new line... I ended up with MSS Dots, which is 100/50 and decent cable TV for 599+ per month.  I would go with 3BB, if possible, but they aren't in my building, yet, but things change suddenly. 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, Emmess said:

There is NO limit on the amount of download you can do per month on any fibre in Thailand, True included.

It's not TRUE! Mine is unlimited but actually they trottle your downloads to a crawl after you exceed a certain amount especially during school and national holidays. The reason is that they have to pay if they exceed their quota through international gateways. For instance, I was downloading a large 3GB file during the evening and it was throttled down to 75kb/s (with an estimated download time of 14weeks) instead of 5 - 10MB/s. At 2A.M to 2.30A.M. they normally reset the counter so at 2.30A.M.. the download speed was 10MB/s and the 3GB file was completely downloaded with 20 minutes. This has always been the case.

Archived