BANGKOK

Posted (edited)

Rough week with two days of holidays.

Maybe have the wife try to register via the mobile app? Some report success using that option?

Some also report being able to get a username and PW in person from the TM30 desk at CW.

The queue for housemasters et al to register for the online system is said to be massive. I'm amazed this system originally designed for a relatively few hotels, filing hundreds of reports, now tasked with thousands of registrants filing a few reports, hasn't collapsed.

Yes, each physical building with a distinct name, address, blue book number and chanote needs to be registered separately. Only one peson can register a property.

Edited by mtls2005

35 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Wife  went to Chaeng Wattana  yesterday, got there at 1.30pm was  given ticket  number 730 just to do a TM30 for one of her customers, left at 7.30  in the evening,

Now firstly let me say I don't live in Bangkok.
From what your saying, CW will stay open until the last person in the queue has been seen?
I thought all immigration offices closed at 4:30pm, and you would have to return the next day?

Not sure this is in the right Forum, but if it is such a mess at CW it's probably a good idea to submit your TM30 by mail.  Mine took 3 weeks, but I got the receipt back and no fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re right BB, it’s not in the right forum, I’ll move it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

59 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure this is in the right Forum, but if it is such a mess at CW it's probably a good idea to submit your TM30 by mail.  Mine took 3 weeks, but I got the receipt back and no fine.

Yes, read few reports waiting about 3 weeks for tm30 if done by post. 

What happens if done by mail and you need do extension less than 3 weeks posting. Don't think an ems record of you having posted it will cut it.

As for online for tm30 report. I have given up trying to register. Back to the OP....yes I just hope that powers to be will wake up and see its not workable. Why was CW not concerned with before. Why isn't Jomtien and some other imm offices not concerned with them.

• Like 1

I would think that if you arrive at CW at 1:30pm that it shouldn't be surprising that there was a significant line.  I've seen other posts about the TM30 section where the wait was 1-2 hours. I've done 90-day reports in 20 minutes and up to 3 hours. The waits at CW are highly variable. At least commend them for having a policy of staying open late.

Maybe time for some to buy a laptop and PC and step into the 21st century

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My landlady told me she was fined B500 (Jomtien) for reporting me late (TM30). Typically Thai, she appeared good natured about it.

Who keeps the B500 "fine" - the IO or the government? I suspect the former, and that this is proving a nice earner for them.

How does the "report within 24 hours" rule work? If it's strictly calculated, from  say plane touchdown, one would always be caught if arriving late on the eve of a day when their office is closed - except for those competent with electronic reporting, or trusting to do it by mail (and the post office being open).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Now firstly let me say I don't live in Bangkok.
From what your saying, CW will stay open until the last person in the queue has been seen?
I thought all immigration offices closed at 4:30pm, and you would have to return the next day?

They  stop issuing  numbers at 3-30pm I think she said, but they do stay open late, very  late.

Edited by Chazar

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Shes  tried  ALL the various  ways , is  now  going on a  training  course  through the Police in the hope of  getting some faster  service to deal with TM30 CRAP

• Haha 1