TM30 nonsense

Rough week with two days of holidays.

Maybe have the wife try to register via the mobile app? Some report success using that option?

Some also report being able to get a username and PW in person from the TM30 desk at CW.

The queue for housemasters et al to register for the online system is said to be massive. I'm amazed this system originally designed for a relatively few hotels, filing hundreds of reports, now tasked with thousands of registrants filing a few reports, hasn't collapsed.

Yes, each physical building with a distinct name, address, blue book number and chanote needs to be registered separately. Only one peson can register a property.

Edited by mtls2005

35 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Wife  went to Chaeng Wattana  yesterday, got there at 1.30pm was  given ticket  number 730 just to do a TM30 for one of her customers, left at 7.30  in the evening,

Now firstly let me say I don't live in Bangkok.
From what your saying, CW will stay open until the last person in the queue has been seen?
I thought all immigration offices closed at 4:30pm, and you would have to return the next day?

59 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure this is in the right Forum, but if it is such a mess at CW it's probably a good idea to submit your TM30 by mail.  Mine took 3 weeks, but I got the receipt back and no fine.

Yes, read few reports waiting about 3 weeks for tm30 if done by post. 

What happens if done by mail and you need do extension less than 3 weeks posting. Don't think an ems record of you having posted it will cut it.

As for online for tm30 report. I have given up trying to register. Back to the OP....yes I just hope that powers to be will wake up and see its not workable. Why was CW not concerned with before. Why isn't Jomtien and some other imm offices not concerned with them.

• Like 1

I would think that if you arrive at CW at 1:30pm that it shouldn't be surprising that there was a significant line.  I've seen other posts about the TM30 section where the wait was 1-2 hours. I've done 90-day reports in 20 minutes and up to 3 hours. The waits at CW are highly variable. At least commend them for having a policy of staying open late.

My landlady told me she was fined B500 (Jomtien) for reporting me late (TM30). Typically Thai, she appeared good natured about it.

Who keeps the B500 "fine" - the IO or the government? I suspect the former, and that this is proving a nice earner for them.

How does the "report within 24 hours" rule work? If it's strictly calculated, from  say plane touchdown, one would always be caught if arriving late on the eve of a day when their office is closed - except for those competent with electronic reporting, or trusting to do it by mail (and the post office being open).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Now firstly let me say I don't live in Bangkok.
From what your saying, CW will stay open until the last person in the queue has been seen?
I thought all immigration offices closed at 4:30pm, and you would have to return the next day?

They  stop issuing  numbers at 3-30pm I think she said, but they do stay open late, very  late.

Edited by Chazar

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not sure this is in the right Forum, but if it is such a mess at CW it's probably a good idea to submit your TM30 by mail.  Mine took 3 weeks, but I got the receipt back and no fine.

Shes  tried  ALL the various  ways , is  now  going on a  training  course  through the Police in the hope of  getting some faster  service to deal with TM30 CRAP

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chazar said:

Shes  tried  ALL the various  ways , is  now  going on a  training  course  through the Police in the hope of  getting some faster  service to deal with TM30 CRAP

My landlord is still waiting for a password too. I expect people will get passwords eventually and much of this for many people will be a temporary situation. 

Meanwhile I keep traveling out of Thailand every 1-3 weeks and can’t even switch my visa to new passport because I’m missing a tm30 and it takes too long ????. By the time my landlord is done I’m already out of country again.

Im thinking of giving up and just stick to use 2 passports and online 90day reports and forget about tm30 (elite company told me I can’t do this but it worked so far so...). You only need tm30 when u walk in emigration office. Not at borders nor online so it should work until visa renewal.

In meantime I just send my entry stamps and tm6 to landlord every time I get back home, if I get fined, will just discount it from rent as it’s his fault I guess ????

Edited by Drax

12 minutes ago, Drax said:

Meanwhile I keep traveling out of Thailand every 1-3 weeks and can’t even switch my visa to new passport because I’m missing a tm30 and it takes too long ????. By the time my landlord is done I’m already out of country again.

Im thinking of giving up and just stick to use 2 passports and online 90day reports and forget about tm30 (elite company told me I can’t do this but it worked so far so...). You only need tm30 when u walk in emigration office. Not at borders nor online so it should work until visa renewal.

In meantime I just send my entry stamps and tm6 to landlord every time I get back home, if I get fined, will just discount it from rent as it’s his fault I guess ????

If your condo is raided by immigration you will be find, made to phone your landlord and he finned too. The place I stay was raided, many had to pay fine, they where ask for copy of lease, TM30 receipt, pictures taken inside and out side of room.  

"" or each one and  good  luck even getting a  password at the moment for their website.

2  months later she still doesn't  have one and shes  not  alone. USELESS! ""

I am approaching two months as well without a peek from them since the auto email confirmation. I agree .... useless. I am wondering if I will ever hear from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

funny, i actually did it myself and helped my colleagues as well and all got an acknowledgement email and within 2-3 weeks a new login and password

I did find out that registering on the app works better than online

• Thanks 1

I personally don't really understand the need for the tm30,

I've been here almost 5 years and have never file the tm30, i live with my other half and we travel around both domestic and international every few months, extensions and most recent S visa never had any issues, 

Wondering has anyone actually been recently fined by immigration for the landlord/house master for not declaring??

6 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I did find out that registering on the app works better than online.

I found that too. It only took me a couple of days (less than 5 working days IIRC) to register and get a password using the Section38 app. I had tried a couple of times using the online site and had problems with figuring out what they wanted, especially as everything was in Thai.

The app has an option to do everything in English, which makes it a lot easier to navigate.

• Thanks 1

So sorry and unnecessary you had to endure this kind of immigration hell.  Prime example of idiotic Thai immigration.  Chances are you're not the first or last to experience this.  Some of us are "hoping" for change as they wait, others having given up accepting this abuse and moved on to other welcoming countries.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1