TM30 nonsense

2 minutes ago, philba said:

If you're unhappy now, wait until people start talking about Article 37.

http://nonthaburi.immigration.go.th/en/2018/12/01/พ-ร-บ-คนเข้าเมือง/

Part of it states you're supposed to inform them BEFORE you go out of province for more than 24 hours.

This country gets funnier and funnier ona daily basis.

I guess it's getting easier and easier to predict their next move.  No more surprises from now on because we can all say "I knew that was going to happen!"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, philba said:

If you're unhappy now, wait until people start talking about Article 37.

http://nonthaburi.immigration.go.th/en/2018/12/01/พ-ร-บ-คนเข้าเมือง/

Part of it states you're supposed to inform them BEFORE you go out of province for more than 24 hours.

This country gets funnier and funnier ona daily basis.

Yes but this is ok because the cartoon IO say it is for our own safety, life security and property. If they start pulling this BS, then the cards are getting put on the table more and more that we are really looked at as criminals, but stating just the opposite. I for one will never ever ever adhere to that.

7 hours ago, Martyp said:

I would think that if you arrive at CW at 1:30pm that it shouldn't be surprising that there was a significant line.  I've seen other posts about the TM30 section where the wait was 1-2 hours. I've done 90-day reports in 20 minutes and up to 3 hours. The waits at CW are highly variable. At least commend them for having a policy of staying open late.

Hard to find a reason to commend them for anything tbh

2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

A lot of unnecessary time spent for a form to comply with old rules that were there before computer were used.

And most of us know that overstayers, criminals and  scammers never report for 90 days or TM 30.

They hide from the law.

So why they still do it ? Why not use modern computers methods and old leg works on the streets and have officers track them.

Only law abiding expats and visitors are doing it !

Issue an ID card from Immigration to all extension holders of 1 years or more.

With it, you can open bank account , buy car and get driver licence. This will be your official ID

Only change of main address necessary and no 90 Days or TM30 for them.

No more crowds at Immigrations offices.

Well !I just waked up ! Forget everything I  just said, It was a dream.

It wasn’t a dream, you are in another country, not Thailand ????????

Could overtime pay be the incentive for the application of this law.  There is mention of a “landlady” being fined, she could be seen as an hotelier I suppose but does anyone have any evidence of a normal citizen being fined at CW for not reporting the presence of a foreigner in their house? 

I

5 minutes ago, DougM said:

Clearly the queues are too long because there are too many aliens in Thailand, time to tighten some more screws to lessen the load a bit.

Well if we could conduct our business at any Immigration Office (as it used to be from what I hear), it might ease the workload at the busiest offices and increase the workload at the slowest ones.  This would sure be more convenient for me.

7 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Well if we could conduct our business at any Immigration Office (as it used to be from what I hear), it might ease the workload at the busiest offices and increase the workload at the slowest ones.  This would sure be more convenient for me.

Or they could just scrap the whole charade, but I guess they have to keep the office workers busy somehow.

Edited by DougM
  • Like 1

I found that too. It only took me a couple of days (less than 5 working days IIRC) to register and get a password using the Section38 app. I had tried a couple of times using the online site and had problems with figuring out what they wanted, especially as everything was in Thai.

The app has an option to do everything in English, which makes it a lot easier to navigate.

What is the name of the app please - Is it available for an IPhone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, rvaviator said:

What is the name of the app please - Is it available for an IPhone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As mentioned in my post, it's called Section38. I know it's available for Android but I don't know if there's an iOS version.  I seem to recall someone else saying they couldn't find an Apple version.

14 hours ago, Chazar said:

good  luck even getting a  password at the moment for their website.

2 days for confirmation of email.

2 more days for password.

Edited by isaantom
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yahoo on Sukhumvit said:

I have a Tabiang Baan (yellow),a Thai Driver’s License, a Thai I.D. (Pink) and ALL three contain the Thai address I have had for 12 years. And it is still necessary to do the TM30? Susmarioyusef!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And you will still be fined 800 baht, eventually.

It's just another farang tax. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

And you will still be fined 800 baht, eventually.

It's just another farang tax. 

Yes Lever, exactly.

I type this from Saigon. Back bkk Monday but then 3 more flights out back before extension mid Oct. Not to mention trip Bang Saen speed festival (members check that out magnificent)

Then few other trips. Udon and koh samed just couple. How many damn tm30 am I required. CW is a day trip for me

• Like 1

10 hours ago, genobkk said:

If your condo is raided by immigration you will be find, made to phone your landlord and he finned too. The place I stay was raided, many had to pay fine, they where ask for copy of lease, TM30 receipt, pictures taken inside and out side of room.  

This is why I pretend I’m not home if anyone touches my door lol. Also how is it my fault that emigration system taking 1-2 weeks to make a tm30 and I’m traveling outside Thailand more often than that ????. Law is broken. Honestly I’d rather be deported than pay over some law I didn’t break since I’m giving the data to landlord every time within 24h. 

6 weeks ago was in thailand, 5 weeks ago was in Miami,4 weeks ago Thailand, 3 weeks ago poipet, then Thailand again 2 weeks ago, then hk last weekend, then Thailand until Thursday then Siam reap right now, and then coming back to Thailand next week and going to Taiwan next month probably ????.

Edited by Drax
  • Like 2

Thailand makes it easy to come once, then if you want to visit again they start to be really annoying, asking for many documents.

Also the constant reports are annoying only if you live at your own place, if you are a tourist the hotels will do the TM30 for you, so it's not a hassle.

What Thailand doesn't want are expats, they want tourists that stay at hotels, but they don't want people that stay at the own place.

• Like 2

Thailand makes it easy to come once, then if you want to visit again they start to be really annoying, asking for many documents.
Also the constant reports are annoying only if you live at your own place, if you are a tourist the hotels will do the TM30 for you, so it's not a hassle.

What Thailand doesn't want are expats, they want tourists that stay at hotels, but they don't want people that stay at the own place.
Rather an over-reaction. All this "they don't want us" whining is rather pathetic. Do many countries welcome migrants, retirees or long-stay "tourists"? It's a stupid, petty requirement which has always been a law, but is only now being enforced due to pressure from above. Just suck it up or ignore it and pay the fine if you have to.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1