Pheu Thai to prove Prayut not qualified for premier’s post during policy debate

rooster59

On 7/20/2019 at 6:06 AM, rooster59 said:

“I will publicly speak about every government-related issue that is wrong,” he said.

Speak all you want, this government has shown a penchant for being hard of hearing !

OTOH do you think that that the PPRP is a real democratic political party? Or perhaps 250 NON elected but selected people are better for the country?

I used to support the junta for its first year of so and then I saw the way it was heading.

Far worse than Thaksin, TRT, PPP and PTP ever were.

I still don't like Thaksin, but if he was so bad why are there so many of his ex ministers and MPs in the current PPRP party? Have they all found a way to change their spots and become squeaky clean?

50 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Speak all you want, this government has shown a penchant for being hard of hearing !

True. I'm wondering if, perhaps it's when, they will start to try to gag anybody who hits some sore points or even totally reveals fact proven very serious hard criticisms unacceptable to society. So waiting to hear what the PT folks are going to raise and how hitting it is.

They are very obviously trying to silence the FF leaders, but will it all quickly reach a point where silencing the FF folks is the least of their worries,  I hope so.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

True. I'm wondering if, perhaps it's when, they will start to try to gag anybody who hits some sore points or even totally reveals fact proven very serious hard criticisms unacceptable to society. So waiting to hear what the PT folks are going to raise and how hitting it is.

They are very obviously trying to silence the FF leaders, but will it all quickly reach a point where silencing the FF folks is the least of their worries,  I hope so.

I think Prayuth may have relinquished his power,now he is by his own admission just another civilian politician,I think he can no longer rely on military backing,they might be glad to have got rid of him and will gladly watch as he throws himself under the bus.I guess we'll see soon enough,it really is a big game of chess,and trying to guess the players intent and next move I find quite engrossing.  

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think Prayuth may have relinquished his power,now he is by his own admission just another civilian politician,I think he can no longer rely on military backing,they might be glad to have got rid of him and will gladly watch as he throws himself under the bus.I guess we'll see soon enough,it really is a big game of chess,and trying to guess the players intent and next move I find quite engrossing.  

lol ….   don't kid yourself. He'll be around for a long time I expect.

Lets touch base on this question in 8 years or so. 

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

sorry, I forgot to add   !   he didn't get to where he is now by not being very smart … did he  ?

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry, I forgot to add   !   he didn't get to where he is now by not being very smart … did he  ?

Well that's arguable, for 5 years he kept absolute control by using his army rank and ordered the army resources to play a game to support him and to some extent intimidate and hold for some time folks who criticized him, and he gave himself the S44 power to override laws etc.

But now he claims he's a civilian and holds the pm job through a democratic election, meaning that he cannot use his previous power scenario without serious accusations by the opposition and other groups, and he must accept that it's all changed, he's now subject to criticism. If he does try to use his army etc., power again he opens himself to scrutiny and charges from the opposition and it seems to me if this did happen he could no longer rely on a rubber stamp OK from the constitution court. 

We wait and see.

Archived