Court to consider petition over Prayut’s fitness to be PM

rooster59

what a joke after having YL as their pm, she was absolutely pathetic and had everyone else do her job for her, her education levels were suspect( a US degree and she couldnt speak english plus she couldnt even string a sentence together). While I am not overly happy with the new pm he was a general in the army so has had more training at leading then yl ever had which is why this looks very hypocritical of then opposition even if it is probably correct, while she was the head of a company she never actually ran it, others did it for her and as pm her brother told her what to do plus she was never in attendance, too busy shopping. Unfortunately while neither really had/have the ability to be a good pm there is not a lot we can do about it and I doubt it will succeed

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Nothing can be done as it is fixed but FFP are not stupid. They are setting up stuff for the future, keep harassing away, if they do nothing people will ask 'what's the point of FFP'? their time will come and they can point to all the failed cases as evidence of the fix.

You are right. But people can amass as much evidence of malfeasance and criminality as they wish - mountains of it, stretching to the moon - and it will not make the slightest difference to who will continue to control Thailand.

I think most of us know in our heaviest heart of hearts that there is only one way now that can bring the dinosaurs to extinction - and it will need to have the force of a comet!

I don't see that comet striking anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

Good thing my wife cannot access my account as her feelings and words concerning

Chan-o-cha would likely land her in jail and me sent home.

Have you checked for bugs?Don't forget they can listen through the telly and the phone!Do I hear somebody knocking at your door?

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question that Prayuth is incredibly unfit to be PM. He proved that over and over again, in the past five years. He is incompetent beyond the worst nightmare one could imagine. He is leading the nation backwards at a stunning pace, while the neighbors are gaining ground daily. Thailand is no longer the tiger it once was, due to failed policy, poor leadership, total lack of vision, racist and xenophobic policies perpetrated by the incompetent in question, and he needs to resign, asap. For the benefit of the nation. Both Prayuth and the army are utterly despised by the Thai people, at this point in time. They deserve that hatred. 

But - they have the keys to the arms kote. They are staying...

1 hour ago, seajae said:

what a joke after having YL as their pm, she was absolutely pathetic and had everyone else do her job for her, her education levels were suspect( a US degree and she couldnt speak english plus she couldnt even string a sentence together). While I am not overly happy with the new pm he was a general in the army so has had more training at leading then yl ever had which is why this looks very hypocritical of then opposition even if it is probably correct, while she was the head of a company she never actually ran it, others did it for her and as pm her brother told her what to do plus she was never in attendance, too busy shopping. Unfortunately while neither really had/have the ability to be a good pm there is not a lot we can do about it and I doubt it will succeed

Golly, we haven't heard this rant for a while - used to be quite a regular feature of this forum as I recall. Been saving up the bile have we? Anyway, nice to see you back, there haven't been a lot of people singing the praises of the Richard Potatoes recently...

Any chance of the locals rising up or doing any physical demonstration are gone now forever and here is why:

Social Media. This is the worst thing that could of ever happened to the chances of restoring democracy to Thailand and I actually think the authorities have even cottonnoed onto this now.

Seriously think about the nature of the locals and their constant desire for the path of least resistance (Laziness in real terms but not sure I am allowed to outright say that). Social Media is perfect for them now...no need to physically do anything because as far as they are concerned just posting something online or sharing something or liking something IS doing something in their mind. In their view that is “good enough”.

So whilst Social Media is good for spreading the news it has actuallly completely killed the possibility of the Thais now ever taking any physical action. And physical action is the only thing that will bring about change.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, Eligius said:

You are right. But people can amass as much evidence of malfeasance and criminality as they wish - mountains of it, stretching to the moon - and it will not make the slightest difference to who will continue to control Thailand.

I think most of us know in our heaviest heart of hearts that there is only one way now that can bring the dinosaurs to extinction - and it will need to have the force of a comet!

That's right but Dinosaurs do die eventually and I'm hoping the new generation don't become Dinosaurs themselves. 20 years, give or take, should do it.

22 hours ago, bowerboy said:

Any chance of the locals rising up or doing any physical demonstration are gone now forever and here is why:

Social Media. This is the worst thing that could of ever happened to the chances of restoring democracy to Thailand and I actually think the authorities have even cottonnoed onto this now.

Seriously think about the nature of the locals and their constant desire for the path of least resistance (Laziness in real terms but not sure I am allowed to outright say that). Social Media is perfect for them now...no need to physically do anything because as far as they are concerned just posting something online or sharing something or liking something IS doing something in their mind. In their view that is “good enough”.

So whilst Social Media is good for spreading the news it has actuallly completely killed the possibility of the Thais now ever taking any physical action. And physical action is the only thing that will bring about change.

Other counterspies it's the opposite. Social media has been used to gather thousands to protest and activate. Thais are just brainwashed to think they 'deserve' being downtrodden.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, Eligius said:

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

That's right but Dinosaurs do die eventually and I'm hoping the new generation don't become Dinosaurs themselves. 20 years, give or take, should do it.

Dinosaurs did die out over time. However, the sudden unexpected and disastrous (for the dinosaurs) impact of a comet (meteor) sped up the process several thousand fold.

I go back to my grade 6 chemistry (oh so long ago) Apart from the entirely unforgettable and hilarious incident when our chemistry teacher set his trousers on fire when a lump of phosphorus which he was holding up with tongs to demonstrate to us crumbled and fell onto his trousers, my principle memory is of "catalysts". A catalyst is a seemingly innocuous compound, which needs to be present for a reaction between two other compounds to occur. Whatever reaction eventually disposes of the dinosaurs and their rule will need such a catalyst. I don't know what it will be, or how it will occur, but there will be such a catalyst. I thought a few years back it might have been the prosecution of Yingluck Shinewatra. It proved not to be, although her imprisonment would possibly have been. She decided to go, and the junta allowed her to go - probably for that reason. Anyway, there will be a reaction, and it will have a catalyst. It might be something of itself insignificant - an example of corruption which just tips over the edge, or something major, the banning of Future Forward and the jailing of it's leaders perhaps? But there will be a reaction, at some stage.

That will be the sudden impact of your comet.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:45 AM, metisdead said:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

May I suggest we use the term loving, guiding, parental overseer.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:57 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

Have you checked for bugs?Don't forget they can listen through the telly and the phone!Do I hear somebody knocking at your door?

I've been waiting for the knock on my door. I feel ignored.

5 minutes ago, nickstav said:

I've been waiting for the knock on my door. I feel ignored.

You obviously forgot to fill in the tm30 correctly and as I never have or will fill one out they don't seem to be able to locate me and as I'm not far from the border I just do border runs instead much less hassle.

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You obviously forgot to fill in the tm30 correctly and as I never have or will fill one out they don't seem to be able to locate me and as I'm not far from the border I just do border runs instead much less hassle.

They know where I am. And if they have any problems I'll assist them in locating me. My thinking is, if they throw me out of the country it would be the least dangerous way to leave my girlfriend, without getting one of my favorite body parts cut off while I sleep.

Archived