Court to consider petition over Prayut’s fitness to be PM

rooster59

Court to consider petition over Prayut’s fitness to be PM

By THE NATION

800_cac4ee0c5f04369.jpg

The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition from opposition MPs questioning Prayut Chan-o-cha’s qualifications to hold the post of prime minister.

The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition from opposition MPs questioning Prayut Chan-o-cha’s qualifications to hold the post of prime minister.

The Court announced its decision on its website, saying the petition had been signed by a total of 110 MPs from various opposition parties but declaring that Prayut was free to continue carrying out his duties as PM until it reached a ruling.

Prayut has 15 days to make his own submissions over the petition.

The Court has also accepted a petition from an individual demanding the dissolution of the Future Forward Party following frequent public comments by its party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, and its secretary-general, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, against the monarchy.

The two men also have 15 days to submit their rebuttal of the allegation.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373284

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-20

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Court has also accepted a petition from an individual demanding the dissolution of the Future Forward Party following frequent public comments by its party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, and its secretary-general, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, against the monarchy.

The two men also have 15 days to submit their rebuttal of the allegation.

Are we allowed to know what the two allegedly said? Probably not.

Everyone knows he lost the election and had to pay (threaten) everyone off to form a coalition. He allegedly offered Thanathorn 100 million baht to join or go away.....as if he needs the dough.

I don't think he''ll last the distance this term. He's incredibly unpopular with the public.

There is no question that Prayuth is incredibly unfit to be PM. He proved that over and over again, in the past five years. He is incompetent beyond the worst nightmare one could imagine. He is leading the nation backwards at a stunning pace, while the neighbors are gaining ground daily. Thailand is no longer the tiger it once was, due to failed policy, poor leadership, total lack of vision, racist and xenophobic policies perpetrated by the incompetent in question, and he needs to resign, asap. For the benefit of the nation. Both Prayuth and the army are utterly despised by the Thai people, at this point in time. They deserve that hatred. 

Nothing can be done as it is fixed but FFP are not stupid. They are setting up stuff for the future, keep harassing away, if they do nothing people will ask 'what's the point of FFP'? their time will come and they can point to all the failed cases as evidence of the fix.

Funny how it takes hundreds of MP's signature's to get their complaint against Prayuth's incompetency accepted, and a mere 1 complaint against FFP to be put into motion, and the complaint is huge being as speaking bad against the you know what.. Hope for the best. 

And funny how Prayuth can continue working same as all his cronies that are accused, but Thanathorn who still needs to be proven guilty is benched from the first second. 

Opposition better dig in for another extended 5 year spat.

Why does the opposition even bother.  The government is run by Prayut and it's not going to change.  The same is happening in the United States with Trump.  There, the opposition is yelling for impeachment.  It's not going to happen since the opposition hasn't got enough power/votes.

Why do they bother?  They know they have no ideas to improve the country and the government.  They have to do something to keep their names in front of the public,

A complete waste of time and money.

24 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure the fair and just court will throw out the first and uphold the second petition to balance the scales ????

Yes that's 110 signatures on the first and one individual complaint on the second.If Prayuth is found not fit he loses the PM position,if the other two are found to have made comments against the monarchy then the whole party gets abolished and the two leaders would possibly be banned from politics for life and possible jail terms,just to balance the scales with one tank on one side and a feather dust on the other.Looks like we might be seeing the end of the FFP! 

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I'm not sure why the opposition wastes time. 

The PM has been endorsed. 

It's a done deal and NOTHING will change it. 

There might just be a thing in the constitution, i.e. a conflict of interest, you see, he was still a General when he ran for PM, one would be inclined to think that alone is a conflict of interest, e.g. the General caretaker PM should resign his position as General if he is wanting to run for the PM, he did not, therefore that constitutes a conflict of interest, but whether the constitution shares my view is another thing.

Personally I hope he gets kicked out, then we will have another coupe no doubt...lol

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

There might just be a thing in the constitution, i.e. a conflict of interest, you see, he was still a General when he ran for PM, one would be inclined to think that alone is a conflict of interest, e.g. the General caretaker PM should resign his position as General if he is wanting to run for the PM, he did not, therefore that constitutes a conflict of interest, but whether the constitution shares my view is another thing.

Personally I hope he gets kicked out, then we will have another coupe no doubt...lol

I understand what your saying here. 

But, Thais don't follow any of their own laws anyway. 

Whatever the law says is irrelevant. 

What is highly relevant is that he has been endorsed by the right parties. 

The decision has been made and the Thais need to deal with it ????

2 hours ago, Is this real said:

Why does the opposition even bother.  The government is run by Prayut and it's not going to change.  The same is happening in the United States with Trump.  There, the opposition is yelling for impeachment.  It's not going to happen since the opposition hasn't got enough power/votes.

Why do they bother?  They know they have no ideas to improve the country and the government.  They have to do something to keep their names in front of the public,

A complete waste of time and money.

I think there is a vast difference between USA and here!!!. Fundamentally an army controlled dictatorship versus a democratically voted in President. 

Trump's opposition cannot bear the fact that he is not one of the arse licking, bureaucratic, self-righteous, big company sucking, civil servant brigade and cannot be bought!!

I rest my case m'lord!????????????????

Archived