BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Court to consider petition over Prayut’s fitness to be PM

By THE NATION

800_cac4ee0c5f04369.jpg

The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition from opposition MPs questioning Prayut Chan-o-cha’s qualifications to hold the post of prime minister.

The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition from opposition MPs questioning Prayut Chan-o-cha’s qualifications to hold the post of prime minister.

The Court announced its decision on its website, saying the petition had been signed by a total of 110 MPs from various opposition parties but declaring that Prayut was free to continue carrying out his duties as PM until it reached a ruling.

Prayut has 15 days to make his own submissions over the petition.

The Court has also accepted a petition from an individual demanding the dissolution of the Future Forward Party following frequent public comments by its party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, and its secretary-general, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, against the monarchy.

The two men also have 15 days to submit their rebuttal of the allegation.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373284

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-20

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Court has also accepted a petition from an individual demanding the dissolution of the Future Forward Party following frequent public comments by its party leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, and its secretary-general, Piyabutr Saengkanokkul, against the monarchy.

The two men also have 15 days to submit their rebuttal of the allegation.

Are we allowed to know what the two allegedly said? Probably not.

31 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

If i were the PM i'd sign up to a gym and solve the ' fitness' issues...

I'm not sure why the opposition wastes time. 

The PM has been endorsed. 

It's a done deal and NOTHING will change it. 

future forward or key members be gone before buck banana without a doubt .

No way they leave him in politics for rest of their term .

They slowly and quietly working at it ...

Everyone knows he lost the election and had to pay (threaten) everyone off to form a coalition. He allegedly offered Thanathorn 100 million baht to join or go away.....as if he needs the dough.

I don't think he''ll last the distance this term. He's incredibly unpopular with the public.

Don't get your hopes up.  The court will further legitimize his position as Prime Minister...putting to rest the nay-sayers...

There is no question that Prayuth is incredibly unfit to be PM. He proved that over and over again, in the past five years. He is incompetent beyond the worst nightmare one could imagine. He is leading the nation backwards at a stunning pace, while the neighbors are gaining ground daily. Thailand is no longer the tiger it once was, due to failed policy, poor leadership, total lack of vision, racist and xenophobic policies perpetrated by the incompetent in question, and he needs to resign, asap. For the benefit of the nation. Both Prayuth and the army are utterly despised by the Thai people, at this point in time. They deserve that hatred. 

I'm gonna be on tenterhooks for weeks now in anticipation of the outcome. Gonna have to stock up on valium.

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Surely the Chief Morlock cannot be judged by lower ranking subordinate Morlocks...

I applaud the 110 MPs who signed the petition, They've got balls, but I wouldn't want to be one of them.

20 minutes ago, nickstav said:

I applaud the 110 MPs who signed the petition, They've got balls, but I wouldn't want to be one of them.

What ? An MP or one of their balls ?

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

He's incredibly unpopular with the public.

He only needs to be popular with the military and the Senate. The other 69 million don't matter to him.