How good is the Internet In Udon Thani?

flyingsaucersarereal

In the centre of Udon AIS on your mobile is super fast.  3BB is good too based on my friends feedback. I live in the sticks 60 KM in the middle of nowhere North of Udon and in our village I consistently get 228 mbps download and in excess of 100 up. So as I reported in another thread , even with VPN I get over 75 up/30 down. How good is that  for 1284 baht per month ?

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

In the centre of Udon AIS on your mobile is super fast.  3BB is good too based on my friends feedback. I live in the sticks 60 KM in the middle of nowhere North of Udon and in our village I consistently get 228 mbps download and in excess of 100 up. So as I reported in another thread , even with VPN I get over 75 up/30 down. How good is that  for 1284 baht per month ?

Your post prompted me to check. 3BB advised I have just automatically been upgraded to 500/500 ( for the same price)  When I then checked the speeds obtained are 428/287. 

I live in Ban Muang.43km from Ban Dung.In the middle of a ricefield and 1800 meter to the conection point.3bb said 1500 meter was the limit.Now I pay for 200Mb but I actually have max speed that can be over 800Mb.For all sakes stay away from Cat.My x stil have an outstanding ballance of 53k because they never sendt us any bills for a few years.I have used 3bb in Pattaya and Udon before also.They are my best advice to use.ToT is crap also.If you use an android box for streaming TV the Cat and ToT does not work like it should.It is government controlled both.3bb has no limitations.Private owned.

1 hour ago, Odin Norway said:

For all sakes stay away from Cat.

I agree with that, unfortunately I have no option, the only one available in the field where I am, they only became available a year or so ago.

If you are happy with you current internet provider,  ask for recommendation.

OR it will be, As good as your partner arranges and get tip.  Be certain contract is in your name and you pay directly____ so not one will cancel  your agreement.  Just in case your power get cut off, Get power backup pack pack

Why would any one want to live in UT? 

11 minutes ago, SoonOh said:

Why would any one want to live in UT? 

It's cheaper than Bangkok, people are friendly, no constant police hassles, immigration is efficient, very convenient for exiting and re-entering Thailand, lots of nice bars and restaurants, cheap houses/apartments, some of the best tattoo places in Thailand, and it's quite relaxed and hassle-free compared to places like Bangkok and Phuket. Super hot ladies too. Why would anyone not want to live in Udon?

600 meters away from the village, very close to Udon. 3BB (nobody else will offer the service here), generally ok, except if there are problem. If there are problem, miserable service. Speed lousy, very lousy!

viber image 127.jpg

13 hours ago, SteveK said:

It's cheaper than Bangkok, people are friendly, no constant police hassles, immigration is efficient, very convenient for exiting and re-entering Thailand, lots of nice bars and restaurants, cheap houses/apartments, some of the best tattoo places in Thailand, and it's quite relaxed and hassle-free compared to places like Bangkok and Phuket. Super hot ladies too. Why would anyone not want to live in Udon?

It sucks don’t waste your time going there. Better off watching reruns of Ozzie and Harriet.... with the lights off

OP we need to keep the place a secret .... if those people come 

up here.... there goes the neighborhood  ha ha Happy Sunday

All those speed tests are running against local servers, most foreigners use mostly international bandwidth.

A ping or latency of typically 200ms+ is what you would get to Europe or to the US (definitely to the US - as much less and your data is going faster than the speed of light ???? )

If your in the city will be easy. I’m out in a village one hour from the 

Udon Thani. Now I use a spare phone as a Hot Spot @ 1400 for 3 months I think it’s 3 gig... I’m not up to Internet terminology. As

lomg as it does what I need for work. 

Firsst had the box at the house NOT 3b the other one, Internet was

out because of storm. Customer service said 3 weeks and it was already one week. I went to their office and pushed politely to

speak to Manager ( they didn’t want to get him). 

He came out of his office discussed and they were out the next day.......life in the village

Archived