I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

i'm leaving for good yall, i aint jumpin through no more hoops for those tyrants at immigration. they love watching us suffer every day. just got my 1 year visa for phils and been talking to a girl online for the last few months so got a place to stay ????

good luck everyone, times is gonna get tough here, hope you can ride the storm better than I can.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kellersphuket said:

all of them. it's alright bro, keep jumpin through those hoops,, they need someone to laugh at ???? 

Retirement extension took me 12 minutes this year - same as last 15 years no more paperwork - easy.  I don't imagine you have ever applied for any kind of Thai visa.  If so, tell us what your problems were and we will tell you where you went wrong.  

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

Retirement extension took me 12 minutes this year - same as last 15 years no more paperwork - easy.  I don't imagine you have ever applied for any kind of Thai visa.  If so, tell us what your problems were and we will tell you where you went wrong.  

TM30... SAY NO MORE!!!

2 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

TM30... SAY NO MORE!!!

Why would I say no more?  If you don't know where you live it's not my fault.  TM 30 - Thai's not a visa or a visa extension.  Say, are you one of those guys who doesn't wai the Immigration officer?  

Exaggerating the reality to support or convince yourself your doing the right thing and it's someone's else's fault. Seems you'll play the blame game wherever you end up. Best wishes on the next chapter.

5 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

what???

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

There is an app you can put on your phone to file your TM30. 

Unless you own a condo, you are not the one who files the TM30, AFAIK

BTW, in PI the age of consent is 12.  PI is one of 2 countries in the world where divorce is illegal. 

Be careful over there  

2 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Just how long have you been here then? It looks like you came here to exist on visa runs and its not working out. However Cebu is nice and I have good friends there.

long enough dude.

ive had many types of visa. up until may I was on a retirement visa, before that a marriage visa, before that a business visa and so on and so on.

Ive just had enough bro, it's getting silly now.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Another it seems who sadly cannot afford it here.

Good luck with that online Phils girl they are the biggest scammers in Asia make Thai girls look like saints..

shes younger and hotter than my ex wife. makes my ex look like a sack o spuds!

Surely the Philippines does have some advantages over Thailand, the main one being you are not required to have this 800,000 baht tied up in a bank, no 3 month reporting and only costing around $130 a year to renew your extension and the cost of living is much cheaper AFAIK.

Good luck to the op.

Edit: Also the Brits living there don't have their pension frozen.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Surely the Philippines does have some advantages over Thailand, the main one being you are not required to have this 800,000 baht tied up in a bank, no 3 month reporting and only costing around $130 a year to renew your extension and the cost of living is much cheaper AFAIK.

Good luck to the op.

Isn't it a violent, crime-ridden hell-hole with shit food?

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Good luck to the op.

Yes the baht is the main problem, putting added pressure on folk .Which country does give the best return for, say, the AUD?

43 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Marriage Extension takes around 30 minutes every time I do it.

Easy if you have the correct paperwork.

At CW it is almost 5 to 8 hrs if one has the correct paperwork. The interaction with the imm officer is only about 20 mins and the process is easy.

Usually have to return the next day again because the imm officer always finds something they don't like with the photos, so every extension needs 3 visits to CW.

Strange fella. Why are so many people throwing tantrums over TM30? The Jomtien office (quite a user-friendly place these days) told me I had 3 days to file it, but don't panic about it. And when I said I was going up to Bkk next weekend and should I file another TM30, the answer was a shake of the head. When I extended my SETV, it took all of 5 minutes, after which I wandered down to the beach to spend a couple of relaxing hours in a deckchair drinking coconut juice as dusky grass-skirted maidens swayed to the sound of a ukelele. 

34 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous.

I agree. Thankfully as a retiree with my own condo I dont have to do it. But if I did have to do it I would consider it an unnecessary imposition and it would encourage me to look elsewhere.

The whole thing is made even more ridiculous when you consider that if you carry a mobile phone the government knows where you are at all times, to within a few hundred yards. The TM30 offers no such guarantee of accuracy at all. It is just a pointless bit of paperwork.

1 minute ago, Dexlowe said:

Strange fella. Why are so many people throwing tantrums over TM30? The Jomtien office (quite a user-friendly place these days) told me I had 3 days to file it, but don't panic about it. And when I said I was going up to Bkk next weekend and should I file another TM30, the answer was a shake of the head. When I extended my SETV, it took all of 5 minutes, after which I wandered down to the beach to spend a couple of relaxing hours in a deckchair drinking coconut juice as dusky grass-skirted maidens swayed to the sound of a ukelele. 

Some folk live nowhere near an immigration office...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Some folk live nowhere near an immigration office...

That's hardly the fault of the immigration people. Anyway, the OP didn't say that this was his problem.

(I know things ain't perfect - I'm as affected as anyone else.)

2 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

That's hardly the fault of the immigration people. Anyway, the OP didn't say that this was his problem.

(I know things ain't perfect - I'm as affected as anyone else.)

But it is, all this reporting and TM30 stuff is a total waste of time, plus I doubt the paperwork involved is used for anything but storage...

i also wish for a hassle free reliable visa, but thailand has reliable electric unlike phil, and its painful to move,

and now that im 50, i dont have to do visa runs in thailand.

if i could do it all over again, knowing what i know now,

i would likely have settled for another EU nation,

but with more sun

Archived