I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

The TM30 was never "a thing" years ago and the IMM laws have never been altered, just the enforcement.

Im sure some officers use it as a bit of a  "A-hole tax" for big mouth foriegners.

they are very easy to pick.

Ive known plenty that have never done it, never been fined and never even been asked about it.

I suspect this OP has only just read about it and is doing some trolling.

Try getting into places like Australia, then you will really understand the meaning of getting "dicked around"!!

Anyway, Good luck in the Phils O.P

I think they will eat you alive the same as Thailand

and in 6 months time you will be looking for PhillVisa site to troll on.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kellersphuket said:

all of them. it's alright bro, keep jumpin through those hoops,, they need someone to laugh at ???? 

No hoops too high. It's only a problem if you don't meet the requirements. Only took 4 days to get my O-A visa in my home country: over 50 yo, bank statement, health certificate, police report, done, good for two years. 90 day reporting at immigration took 15 minutes, very polite officer, no laughing. I think people just get butthurt when they can't reach the grapes, so they must be sour.

shes younger and hotter than my ex wife. makes my ex look like a sack o spuds!

Unless you're a very hunsum young man it sounds like she's just in for the money.

PS. just noticed that you are not so young anymore (retirement visa), so money seems to be the magnet.

26 minutes ago, transam said:

But it is, all this reporting and TM30 stuff is a total waste of time, plus I doubt the paperwork involved is used for anything but storage...

For heaven's sake, do you think I don't know this after 30 years? I don't like the hoop jumping, and I feel for those who aren't as mobile as I am, and as my posting record shows I'm as critical as anyone on here of the red tape. But in the final analysis, I'm not going to let the barstardds get me down.

TM30... SAY NO MORE!!!

You confused.

Foreigner do not do the TM30.

The hotel or owner, boss where you stay must do it. Not your problem. 

At the hotel I work before we do it for the guest.

Don’t even tell the guest, we do it all for them. Just take passport copy.

Good luck in Cebu.

I seem to remember the OP stating how wonderful Nana was on returning from abroad, and something about Phuket's bar scene being fabulous.

But the paperwork has become too difficult to keep this lifestyle up.

Mind the door don't hit your arse on the way out.

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You confused.

Good luck in Cebu.

Not quite true. Most of the people complaining on here do not stay in hotels (I have my own house, for example) and therefore have to submit their own TM30.

Good luck sir

Although my visa renewal this year took about 10 mins well as long as it took my agent to take my photo sign a bank withdrawal slip and pay me money

Didnt even have to go to immigration and no silly requirements to keep your gold bars locked up in the bank etc

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

Never met anyone who did yet report staying overnight away from their town

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Isn't it a violent, crime-ridden hell-hole with shit food?

NO I have been to Philippines 37 times and own a condo there (but agree the food is not great). Personally I don't like Cebu much as it's quite boring but it has one of the best shopping malls in Asia.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Gotta say I,ve only been once years ago and was shit scared the whole time!

Oh you were in that LB bar in Angeles?  I wandered in there once and I was scared too! 

apart from that 'once years ago' you should try again. I've never had issues in Philippines, they are warm and friendly (much more than Thais) but the infrastructure is very poor.

11 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

charming fella.

dont forget your TM30, wouldnt want you to get fined for being out of your house for the night!!!!!????

Thats the thing see, i've lived here 16 years and counting, i've never filled one out in my life.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

There is an app you can put on your phone to file your TM30. 

Unless you own a condo, you are not the one who files the TM30, AFAIK

BTW, in PI the age of consent is 12.  PI is one of 2 countries in the world where divorce is illegal. 

Be careful over there  

That is total BS!

Hundreds of foreigners renting have been fined for not filing a TM30 because the house master/owner did not file. And you should know it from all the posts on this website.

Immigration chooses to take foreigner's money because it is easy money and immigration refuses to enforce the letter of the law and they courage foreigners to leave Thailand or jump through hoops like the OP stated.

Say, are you one of those guys who doesn't wai the Immigration officer? 

When I walked into the Lao Immigration office yesterday, all 3 officers waied me, (and I waied back of course). Then they all made jokes about me leaving Thailand to live in Laos because Lao girls are prettier, (which is probably true, judging from my previous experiences when I lived there).

Never had a Thai immigration officer wai me ????

I've made 3 overnight trips to/from Laos in as many weeks.  Have I reported to immigration each time to report my TM30 details?  Have I hassled my landlord to go and do the TM30 report each time? Not a chance!  They can fine me on my final trip out from Thailand - I'm not wasting my time reporting like a prisoner out on bail.

27 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

charming fella.

dont forget your TM30, wouldnt want you to get fined for being out of your house for the night!!!!!????

I've lived in Thailand 20 years and never done a TM30.  I suspect most of the fellows on Thai Visa have not either.  But, if I had to do one I'd mail it in.  

41 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You confused.

Good luck in Cebu.

That's ridiculous. Although it is house owner's responsibility according to law, Thai Immigration chooses to fine the renter/foreigner for no TM30. Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated.

46 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You confused.

Good luck in Cebu.

At hotels correct at rent houses maybe not.  A couple of Immigration offices want the person staying in the house to do them if the owner does not.  

48 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

For heaven's sake, do you think I don't know this after 30 years? I don't like the hoop jumping, and I feel for those who aren't as mobile as I am, and as my posting record shows I'm as critical as anyone on here of the red tape. But in the final analysis, I'm not going to let the barstardds get me down.

Sunbeam, I am no way religious....????

11 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Hundreds of foreigners renting have been fined for not filing a TM30 because the house master/owner did not file. And you should know it from all the posts on this website.

AFAIK the owner must file the first one, then the renter can update upon return from each trip Out Of Thailand.

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

TM30... SAY NO MORE!!!

But you only need a TM30 (although not  at Jomtien) only  when you leave the country? If you don't leave, you don't need one. How often did you leave LOS then that it upset you so much? 

what???

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

you don't need to do that at Jomtien Immigration. 

35 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Oh you were in that LB bar in Angeles?  I wandered in there once and I was scared too! 

apart from that 'once years ago' you should try again. I've never had issues in Philippines, they are warm and friendly (much more than Thais) but the infrastructure is very poor.

Haha u too, no generally green I guess, but guns on hips of security in bars, folk living in horrible poverty, strong bar girl scene, flooded Manila all added up.Mind you I was 22 and solo.

long enough dude.

ive had many types of visa. up until may I was on a retirement visa, before that a marriage visa, before that a business visa and so on and so on.

Ive just had enough bro, it's getting silly now.

Visa rules haven't really changed that much, not substantively anyway.  Phils is not the paradise of nice immigration people that some seem to think. The President is a homicidal maniac who is licking up to China and pushing out the west, America specifically. It is no more stable than Thailand, less so by some measures. 

By the way, I would bet a lot that your girl is married (no divorce in Phils and they marry young there) and probably with at least one kid and a grabby family. Good luck  

Archived