I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, transam said:

Sunbeam, I am no way religious....????

Sunshine, then prepare for the FIRES OF HELL. (Take your pick. They've got Hibachi barbecues, wood-fired pizza kilns and campfires if you fancy cooking some damper.)

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

you  dont  know  enough

Yes, true that is.  yet always seeking wisdom. 

Never filed but one TM30 and may end up being fined if I leave the country, return, and forget to file again

33 minutes ago, highland66 said:

I lived in the Philippines for years and my girlfriend is from Cebu. A few things to be aware of: 

- I can tell you from first-hand experience that the age-old debate about the "Philippines having a lower cost of living" is nonsense. Philippines offers lower quality across the board (food, rent, internet, etc) and a lot of daily headaches and frustrations. Yet prices are basically the same as Thailand, no matter the minor differences here and there. And if you are used to living a higher-end lifestyle and aren't concerned about living cheap, Thailand has tons of options that don't exist in the Philippines.  

The Filipina women can be wonderful. No argument there! But the lifestyle in the Philippines is very limited compared to what Thailand offers. And the poverty is much more in-your-face...the child beggars and old women in rags constantly hassling me, people grabbing for my pockets, etc. I could never really get used to that aspect. After a while, it began to wear on me. 

Sounds like Paradise.  I will add PI to my wish list, right after North Korea....... ????

49 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Nonsense. I've never done a TM30 and I travel away from home all the time, out of the country, too. I've never had a problem renewing my extension. Turn in the paperwork, come back the next day. No big deal.

Many have said the same over the past two years, most have now had to do a TM30 in order to get an extension and many fined. You have been lucky but I doubt it will last. Turn in the paper work to an Immigration office and go back the next day? never heard of that. Or do you mean to an agent?

Just now, Just Weird said:

That's not Thailand's fault!

I just knew the Thai apologiser would turn up....????

One of the biggest Thai towns until recently never had an immigration office, yet the town is full of foreign folk. We/they all had to drive to a place near the Lao border to do sod all....

Now in their "wisdom" they have opened an office in town....But of course you would have enjoyed doing the trip for sod all every 90 days eh..

...and I fail to recognise the Lao Immigration officials you describe!

I found them at the Friendship Bridge immigration post - we had a good chat in Lao about Thai-Issan women and my failed marriages ????

Since I have no plans to marry/cohabit again, the rule about Lao-foreigner cohabitation won't affect me.  When I lived in LP in 2013, there was absolutely no problem for me to find Lao female company for the night - there was a 'system' in place to avoid problems with the police...

But nowadays, I'm fully satisfied with a freshly-baked baguette and a cold glass of Beer Lao.

2 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That is total BS!

Hundreds of foreigners renting have been fined for not filing a TM30 because the house master/owner did not file. And you should know it from all the posts on this website.

Immigration chooses to take foreigner's money because it is easy money and immigration refuses to enforce the letter of the law and they courage foreigners to leave Thailand or jump through hoops like the OP stated.

"That is total BS!"

"Hundreds of foreigners renting have been fined for not filing a TM30 because the house master/owner did not file".

Really, is that a fact?  There have not been "hundreds" on Thaivisa confirming that, I'd be surprised if there was even one who could confirm, with evidence, that they've been fined for not filing a TM30.  Perhaps one of the ones that you claim exist could back up your allegation and I'll take it all back.

Bear in mind that this is Thaivisa where almost everything posted by the usual suspects is, well, suspect.

"Immigration chooses to take foreigner's money because it is easy money..."

You mean the B1,900 once a year?

"...immigration refuses to enforce the letter of the law..."

Such as?

6 minutes ago, transam said:

One of the biggest Thai towns until recently never had an immigration office, yet the town is full of foreign folk. We/they all had to drive to a place near the Lao border to do sod all....

Now in their "wisdom" they have opened an office in town....But of course you would have enjoyed doing the trip for sod all every 90 days eh..

I would have considered that before moving to "one of the biggest Thai towns". It's like buying a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise.

2 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That's ridiculous. Although it is house owner's responsibility according to law, Thai Immigration chooses to fine the renter/foreigner for no TM30. Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated.

"Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated".

That is just wrong, unless you could specifically point to, let's say, just two that have personally experienced that?  If you can indicate the "thousands" that would be even better.

49 minutes ago, highland66 said:

You've heard the internet in the Philippines is bad? It's worse than you've heard.

What internet? I'm in Angeles City right now and other than shitty slow internet at the hotel and bars (wifi) literally cannot get any at all. Cell service is non-existent. Rainy season, too.

I disagree about cost of living though - alcohol which is my main expense costs about HALF here than it does in Bangkok. So do women, but let's leave that for another topic. ????

2 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

They accept mine by mail. They have said it only needs to be done if you leave the country. No big deal!

Yes, I was told the same, either leaving/re-entering the country or moving place of residence to another Province.

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

one quick final question if yall dont mind.

How much more of this immigration BS are yall willing to take? I mean, what would it take to make you leave? how about if you had to report your address every week instead of 90 days, would that do it? or if you had to take photos every time you went on vacation to prove what hotel you were staying in etc..

it seems to me they just make this up as they go along and too many foreigners are being wayyyyyy too compliant! 

"...how about if you had to report your address every week instead of 90 days, would that do it? or if you had to take photos every time you went on vacation to prove what hotel you were staying in etc..!

They don't, yall, so it's irrelevant to your leaving, or to anything else.

"it seems to me they just make this up as they go along..."

However it "seems" to you, yall, they don't.

18 minutes ago, transam said:

I always enjoyed a trip to Chong Mek when the border was still reachable for 50 baht to the Lao IO.

Some cheap fags, some DVD's at times when the internet wasn't that reliable and of course some booze.

Opps, not to forget the World Class Standard Lao Beer.....

Hicks. 

6 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

agree and if it dont work out you can always come back and jump through the hoops with the rest of us. good luck.

Or jump by parachute...????...

Well we have one bloke here that does, have seen the photos....????

56 minutes ago, mike787 said:

I understand, however why are so many people angry, and experiencing so much difficulty and failure.  Your status is 'Global Moderator", surely you have as many or far more posts describing hellish visa experiences.  Or maybe you haven't.

"I understand, however why are so many people angry, and experiencing so much difficulty and failure".

They're expressing anger because they are Thaivisa posters and it's expected, regardless.  "So many people" are not experiencing so much difficulty and failure, there's a lot of imagination, exaggration and hearsay here.

12 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

What internet? I'm in Angeles City right now and other than shitty slow internet at the hotel and bars (wifi) literally cannot get any at all. Cell service is non-existent. Rainy season, too.

I disagree about cost of living though - alcohol which is my main expense costs about HALF here than it does in Bangkok. So do women, but let's leave that for another topic. ????

Hmmm.

I go to AC 3 times a year and buy a one month package.  Always good service data and phone.

The exchange rate in the Phil's for US is very good now so your booze and girl comments are right on.

The food complaints seem dumb all kinds of western food or other types around.

...Perhaps one of the ones that you claim exist could back up your allegation and I'll take it all back.

My local IO wanted to fine me because my landlord had not done the TM30 on -time.  I refused to pay....

26 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:
29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated".

That is just wrong, unless you could specifically point to, let's say, just two that have personally experienced that?  If you can indicate the "thousands" that would be even better.

They accept mine by mail. They have said it only needs to be done if you leave the country. No big deal!

Happy to hear that but I don't know why you addressed that to me, it doesn't relate to my question.

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Or jump by parachute...????...

Well we have one bloke here that does, have seen the photos....????

Would a flying carpet from India be considered an alternative?

With two airbags and AFDS. ( Anti Fall Down Sensor)

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

are you ready to meet all the (extended) family because they will all come for a share.... had an acquaintance/friend moved there last month, met a (so called) sweet girl on line arrived there and within a week get scammed with all extended family, his back in Germany to recuperate from the "surprise"

That's why you make sure to live as far away as possible from her family.... i.e. another province, on another island and as far away as you can possibly get to avoid the leaches.  They have many more needs than just a sick buffalo.

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Don't do extensions either.

Next.

Me too, did not do a TM30 in the many years of living here and several extensions based on marriage. Several in/out of the country.

My extension renewal is coming up again in a few months, and with all the hype about TM 30 decided to make one. A few weeks ago went to CW and got fined 800 Baht.

Why all the fuss?  It is a big world, and there is an a$$ for every seat.  Best wishes on your next journey, The Philippines are lovely and have a wide cultural blend with all those islands.  Mai Pen Rai ... 

Archived