Jump to content

I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one quick final question if yall dont mind.

 

How much more of this immigration BS are yall willing to take? I mean, what would it take to make you leave? how about if you had to report your address every week instead of 90 days, would that do it? or if you had to take photos every time you went on vacation to prove what hotel you were staying in etc..

 

it seems to me they just make this up as they go along and too many foreigners are being wayyyyyy too compliant! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

How to manage that?

Well what I usually do is go to the supermarket and buy some food. Then come home, unpack it and put it in the cupboards and fridge. Then, when I am hungry, I take out the ingredients I need and cook my meal. Then I eat it. Afterwards I wash my plates and cutlery and clean up any mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteveK said:

Well what I usually do is go to the supermarket and buy some food. Then come home, unpack it and put it in the cupboards and fridge. Then, when I am hungry, I take out the ingredients I need and cook my meal. Then I eat it. Afterwards I wash my plates and cutlery and clean up any mess.

Ok you could have just said i have an apartment with a full kitchen. Most of the apartment i have seen do not have a functioning kitchen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

what???

 

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

I used to think that but it turns out it is not the case. If you are on a long term visa, mine is a working one, then the 90 day report is enough as long as you return to your reported address. I just had a weekend in Isan staying in a homestay. My Thai friend booked us in so as far as immigration knows I wasn't there. Even trips abroad should not really be a problem. An officer at Jomtien immigration told me "no need to report every time, just do 90 report as normal".

That said, I think the Philippines and Cebu are a far better location than the land of smiles. Two pluses are, you can have an in-depth conversation with a Pinoy and, for us Brits, the state pension increases are not frozen as they are if you live in Thailand and, as the supermarket advert goes 'every little helps'!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Well what I usually do is go to the supermarket and buy some food. Then come home, unpack it and put it in the cupboards and fridge. Then, when I am hungry, I take out the ingredients I need and cook my meal. Then I eat it. Afterwards I wash my plates and cutlery and clean up any mess.

What? I mean didn't you get married? I let my wife do that, the kitchen is only there for her.

 

  It's a fair deal, I make the money and she keeps the house clean, washes clothes, etc..

 

 

 

Squid shrimp and potatao salad.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

one quick final question if yall dont mind.

 

How much more of this immigration BS are yall willing to take? I mean, what would it take to make you leave? how about if you had to report your address every week instead of 90 days, would that do it? or if you had to take photos every time you went on vacation to prove what hotel you were staying in etc..

 

it seems to me they just make this up as they go along and too many foreigners are being wayyyyyy too compliant! 

Not much has changed for me. I never had a day overstay and life could be worse.

May i ask you how long you've been living in LOS? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

May i ask you how long you've been living in LOS? 

first came here as a tourist in '83. got married to a local girl in '88. divorced in '93 and been living here on and off since then. been here permanently since 2010 with two recent trips back to the states.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

one quick final question if yall dont mind.

 

How much more of this immigration BS are yall willing to take? I mean, what would it take to make you leave? how about if you had to report your address every week instead of 90 days, would that do it? or if you had to take photos every time you went on vacation to prove what hotel you were staying in etc..

 

it seems to me they just make this up as they go along and too many foreigners are being wayyyyyy too compliant! 

2005 I put 16k USD in Bangkok Bank.  I have gone to Immigration for 15 minutes a year since then to renew my retirement extension.  I don't do 90 day reports myself.  Nothing has changed for me and after 15 years of doing the same thing why should I expect it will change?  My Immigration office has never requested anything else.  Of course, I do wai the officers when I go there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

what???

 

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

dont be daft. no one abides by that rule.. come one OP

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...