I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Must be true love from her side then :cheesy::cheesy:

If he thinks the Thai girls are clever, wait until he gets to the Philippines ... those girls put Thailand to shame ... they know how to to exploit lie-abilities via ass-sets to land you in the poor house like no other.

16 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Did my work permit, non immigrant B and 90 day reporting in 30 minutes 2 days ago.

Impossible! I've done my visa and work permit extension in 40 minutes. But the places are far away from each other.

How did you do that? I'm pretty sure in the PI it's only 15 minutes.....(Lol)

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

What internet? I'm in Angeles City right now and other than shitty slow internet at the hotel and bars (wifi) literally cannot get any at all. Cell service is non-existent. Rainy season, too.

I disagree about cost of living though - alcohol which is my main expense costs about HALF here than it does in Bangkok. So do women, but let's leave that for another topic. ????

I agree with everything.  Philippines is the first 5G country to start implementing it.  Though it will be gradual. Have to wait and see what the result is.

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That's ridiculous. Although it is house owner's responsibility according to law, Thai Immigration chooses to fine the renter/foreigner for no TM30. Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated.

Educate from confused farang called Banana or read the official rule on website.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

If have problem, just show the dtormor this one. Is there rule.

Good luck.

25 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Why all the fuss?  It is a big world, and there is an a$$ for every seat.  Best wishes on your next journey, The Philippines are lovely and have a wide cultural blend with all those islands.  Mai Pen Rai ... 

Agreed!  It's not bad.  Sure relative depending on individuals wants/needs/perspectives.  Some things are great in PI, somethings suck.  Island hoping is amazing, girls are warm and fun, immigration super easy/fast/cheap, roads are way safer, beer is cheap...wifi, medical, food is crap - for me.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

are you ready to meet all the (extended) family because they will all come for a share.... had an acquaintance/friend moved there last month, met a (so called) sweet girl on line arrived there and within a week get scammed with all extended family, his back in Germany to recuperate from the "surprise"

If a person is daft enough to allow himself to get scammed, and hands over money willy nilly to the extended family. then he deserves all he gets.

Just now, possum1931 said:

If a person is daft enough to allow himself to get scammed, and hands over money willy nilly to the extended family. then he deserves all he gets.

I'm in total agreement with you man!

She told me she doesn't live with her family and hasnt been in contact with her dad for over 2 years. Not sure whether to believe her yet or not as we have only just started talking but she seems nice, fresh graduate from university, drives her own car, lives by herself etc etc.

Regardless of her circumstances, her family will never see a cent of my money. My money is for beer girls and hotels bro!!!

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

No secret.  Get there first in line.  Never take your wife.  Have all of your paperwork in order.  Read Thai visa and have a folder titled, "Thai Visa rumor paperwork and keep all of the rumor paperwork there, I've never been asked for anything in that file but I have it just in case." Big wai the Immigration officer that you see.  Be polite but don't speak Thai.  Wear long pants and white shirt and socks and shoes/not sandals.  Clean shaved and short hair cut.  Listen to what is going on around you.  Have correct change.  Listen to people who have positive extension experiences because they can help you have a positive extension experience.  

I'm gonna make this as short as possible: I tried to do an extension at Jomtien once.  Did everything except arrive in a suit.  Blazing humid heat.  Everyone in shorts. It was Shongkran.  Even Immigration wore Hawaiian shirts and shorts.  Everything else you mention, I followed.  Immigration lady was the anti christ.  Total push back, requesting items normally not required or requested before, ie; blue book, etc.  I left, returned next day with the same items this time a different lady, everything went smooth.  Some people are lucky, some people win the lottery, I don't know but life works better for them.  Some people have the wrong skin or eye color, and life is going to be an up hill battle. Describe it however you wish, but no matter what my day with her was going to be HELL.  Normally, it is not even when I followed half of your check list. 

12 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

I'm in total agreement with you man!

She told me she doesn't live with her family and hasnt been in contact with her dad for over 2 years. Not sure whether to believe her yet or not as we have only just started talking but she seems nice, fresh graduate from university, drives her own car, lives by herself etc etc.

Regardless of her circumstances, her family will never see a cent of my money. My money is for beer girls and hotels bro!!!

So she has money, is a fresh graduate from university. If your profile pic is you, why would she be interested to life with you?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

That's not Thailand's fault!

Oh yes it is, they should make sure that their IOs all have the same rules, like allowing people to send postal votes and get their computer technology up to date to allow no hassle online reports.

Better still, stop this nonsensical 90 day reporting altogether and be like normal countries. 

This thread highlights the problems with the TM30.

Apart from the idiocy of the concept in the first place, it's the inconsistency of it's application by different offices and officers that rankles.

Many here have never been asked to complete one, some probably haven't heard of them, yet others have been fined for failing to keep it up to date.

There's the annoyance of having to chase up house documents and signatures from absent or reluctant landlords resulting in yet another visit to Immigration (the cost of all those haircuts and clean socks are prohibitive!) and hope that they don't require another piece of paper they didn't mention initially. Then some offices require the onerous updating every time a person comes or goes. Other offices don't require it at all.

I can understand how it can be the straw that broke the camels back for some expats. Mocking by those who have never been involved in the process is disingenuous.

S

2 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

maybe because I'm a good person dude? it's not all about looks you know!!

I agree, looks are way, way down on the priority list for Filipinas (strange as it might sound to most not in the know).  They are most interested in how you treat them and where your heart lies.  God bless them for that!  If (or when) I ever leave Thailand, P.I. will probably be my next stop.  It's nice that they speak English too and as long as you don't take them out of the Philippines then it's all good.

33 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

it's the inconsistency of it's application by different offices and officers that rankles.

This is what is missed or denied here...Thai immigration is "Consistently Inconsistent" for the reasons you describe, while others proclaim nothing short of amazing efficiency.  One thing is certain, dealing with Thai immigration is ALL chance, ie, lottery, Russian (visa) roulette, call it whatever but it is a game of chance some of us have had enough.  The means do not justify the ends....

2 minutes ago, mike787 said:

This is what is missed or denied here...Thai immigration is "Consistently Inconsistent" for the reasons you describe, while others proclaim nothing short of amazing efficiency.  One this is certain, dealing with Thai immigration is ALL chance, ie, lottery, Russian (visa) roulette, call it whatever but it is a game of chance some of us have had enough.  The means do not justify the ends....

the whole experience needs to be streamlined. all offices must follow the same rules as one another, only then will there be a consistent application of the law and everyone will get fair treatment.

Just a thought, though i wont hold my breath for very long. Not that i care anymore tbh!  

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Many have said the same over the past two years, most have now had to do a TM30 in order to get an extension and many fined. You have been lucky but I doubt it will last. Turn in the paper work to an Immigration office and go back the next day? never heard of that. Or do you mean to an agent?

No, never used an agent after the first time. For the 90-day reporting, it's pretty immediate, but for the annual extension, the past couple of times, including just a month or so ago, they tell me to come back the next day. No big deal for me, as I live 5-10 minutes from the immigration office. It's a minor inconvenience compared to not getting the extension.

7 minutes ago, mike787 said:

This is what is missed or denied here...Thai immigration is "Consistently Inconsistent" for the reasons you describe, while others proclaim nothing short of amazing efficiency.  One this is certain, dealing with Thai immigration is ALL chance, ie, lottery, Russian (visa) roulette, call it whatever but it is a game of chance some of us have had enough.  The means do not justify the ends....

Agree regarding inconsistency, but the argument falls down when you should in (most cases) be dealing with the SAME office year on year unless you move. Then it doesnt matter what other offices do or dont do its not YOUR office.

You only need to conform with one office for your area, so there is no lottery, its one office and although it can happen its rare (in my experience) there is a difference in requirements withinin one office.

Bottom line, either you meet their requirements or you dont, if unsure ASK at your office and not try to use what ay be happening elsewhere as its not really applicable to you anyway.

39 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I agree, looks are way, way down on the priority list for Filipinas (strange as it might sound to most not in the know).  They are most interested in how you treat them and where your heart lies.  God bless them for that!  If (or when) I ever leave Thailand, P.I. will probably be my next stop.  It's nice that they speak English too and as long as you don't take them out of the Philippines then it's all good.

I discovered the same.  Their ability to speak english, mixed in with their version of humor makes for an easy fun filled conversation that sometimes can be titillating, playful, and cheeky.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Agree regarding inconsistency, but the argument falls down when you should in (most cases) be dealing with the SAME office year on year unless you move. Then it doesnt matter what other offices do or dont do its not YOUR office.

You only need to conform with one office for your area, so there is no lottery, its one office and although it can happen its rare (in my experience) there is a difference in requirements withinin one office.

Bottom line, either you meet their requirements or you dont, if unsure ASK at your office and not try to use what ay be happening elsewhere as its not really applicable to you anyway.

You have missed the point. There should not be inconsistency. There should not be - my office is better than yours. There should not be different interpretations of Immigration laws. Posters should not come on to threads like this to gloat about "their office" neglecting rules that others vigorously apply.

Do you also advocate (real) police stations in different provinces prosecuting the law differently according to their whim?

7 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

what???

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

even people fresh out of jail don't have to report to this nonsense back home

7 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Retirement extension took me 12 minutes this year - same as last 15 years no more paperwork - easy.  I don't imagine you have ever applied for any kind of Thai visa.  If so, tell us what your problems were and we will tell you where you went wrong.  

Which immigration office was that

Archived