Nigerian arrested for cheating people out of Bt370m

rooster59

Nigerian arrested for cheating people out of Bt370m

By The Nation

800_d9c76236656d199.jpg

A Nigerian man has been arrested for allegedly deceiving customers of a firm to wire him and his accomplices up to Bt370 million.

Immigration Bureau acting chief Pol Lt-General Sompong Chingduang held a press conference on Friday to announce the arrest of Bertrand Ifeanyichukwu Akile.

Sompong said Akile was arrested under a warrant issued by the Criminal Court on September 14, 2011, on charges of collaborating with others to forge documents and using them to impersonate others as well as uploading false information and being part of an international criminal gang. 

Sompong said Akile was nabbed after his two accomplices, Bright Chyoke Nidubuze and Omnyekachuawu Elvis Smart Egbule, had been arrested in 2015 for the same charges. 

He said Akile had been on the run since 2005 after he and his accomplices forged an email account of a company to send emails deceiving clients of the firm to transfer money. 

The officer also said the Immigration Police Division 1 found that Akile had applied for a visa extension using a new passport, but the bureau’s biometric identification system helped identify him as a suspect wanted under an arrest warrant.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373280

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-20

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Sompong said Akile was nabbed after his two accomplices, Bright Chyoke Nidubuze and Omnyekachuawu Elvis Smart Egbule, had been arrested in 2015 for the same charges

not bright and smart to stay for 4 years in a country, where they committed crime. Unless you are a kiler, than you have another 4 years to spend all the stolen money

8 minutes ago, londonthai said:

not bright and smart to stay for 4 years in a country, where they committed crime. Unless you are a kiler, than you have another 4 years to spend all the stolen money

He was bright and smart as he left Thailand illegally through a land border and went back to Nigeria.  Probably spent all the money!  From there he acquired a new identity and came back to Thailand for round 2 as many do.

He was caught because the new biometric system found his new identity and attached it to his real original ID and picture!

Sadly we have to put up with the extra time the new system requires to gain entry.  We can be glad however, that many not so good people will be caught!

The new fingerprint and biometric entry system is going to catch many more in the coming months

2 hours ago, Badbanker said:

He was bright and smart as he left Thailand illegally through a land border and went back to Nigeria.  Probably spent all the money!  From there he acquired a new identity and came back to Thailand for round 2 as many do.

He was caught because the new biometric system found his new identity and attached it to his real original ID and picture!

Sadly we have to put up with the extra time the new system requires to gain entry.  We can be glad however, that many not so good people will be caught!

The new fingerprint and biometric entry system is going to catch many more in the coming months

Ive  cut  my fingers  off and gouged my eyes  out, seems  to be working so  far

Oh, I see. He's innocent, just the ordinary digital nomad who always pays his taxes and helps older people cross the street if there's a lot of traffic. 

Criminals from Nigeria? Never heard of, they must make that up. 

What???  Another one?  We just read the other day a Nigerian with a Thai women did the same.  Dam these people.  Trust NO ONE!!!  Open NO email attachments.  If anyone offers you money, but demands cash in return: Tell them you send me the money first, I will pay you the difference, first send the paper work to my lawyer...we'll be in touch. IF nothing comes of it, there's your answer....

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

With 370m in his pocket he must be the prince of Nigerian thieves????

i believe he listened to a book called how to win friends and influence people

14 hours ago, londonthai said:

Obviously he must have submitted his TM30 reports otherwise he would never have been found.. Only logic that is.. 

Archived