Buri Ram police chief threatens to prosecute parents as he rounds up 481 street racers

rooster59

6 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Auction off the bikes to cover expenses. Not all parents 'let' the kids have the bike, the kids just take them. No bike, no street racing. Do it regularly and sign these kids up for attitude adjustment instead of political opponents. This social irresponsibility is worse than any demonstration. The message will sink in to all involved when a 50,000b bike is gone.

Nah not auction, CRUSH the bikes, payments will still have to be made , that is a really good incentive. 

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Buri Ram police chief said the parents will either receive a warning or be required to provide a financial collateral so they can be serious about stopping their children from repeating the offence. If their children are caught racing again, the collateral will be confiscated, and the parents will be charged with abetting wrongdoing, which is punishable by up to three months in jail and/or Bt30,000 in fine.

Now, if only the Thai police and judicial system would use the same approach when addressing student hazing practices, especially when the lead to injury and death. 

2years ago a relationoff mine asked me go and pick up her sons bike at the police station in nang rong

charge no helmet no registration no exhaust 

i get there he comes out to get some money off his mother to pay for the registration 

next I see him ride out off the police station 

I ask his mother what is happening 

her reply “ the police lent a motor bike to go to other side of nangrong to pay the registration before they would release the bike back 

as earlier noted he “ didn’t have a license “ 

also didn’t have a helmet but police let him ride one off their bikes with no license no helmet to pay for registration 

after all this we had to load the bike onto the Ute because it was too noisy 

I guess if they introduce 'crushing' for traffic offences in general that would be fair, otherwise you guys are just picking on the kids, making life difficult for a few youngsters having fun, we could do without the righteous indignation from the old farts here with no kids, no sense of adventure, and no compassion, still steeped in the Victorian values of the west 'children should be seen and not heard'

28 minutes ago, CGW said:

Well put, couldn't agree more :wink:

Yeah well when I see you and the other guys advocating crushing the vehicle when a motorist mows down a few motorcycles in his horseless carriage, or drives into a parked car on his motorsi, then your agreement might mean something. For now you are just out of context as you well know, unless you are agreeing you carry the antiquated Victorian values to which your copied quote was attributed.

Ok post="14369895" timestamp="1563606954" name="prakhonchai nick" userid="34358"] Confiscate ALL vehicles, cars, trucks and motorbikes, for all motoring infractions, be it racing, speeding, no licence, no helmet etc Keep them for 1, 2 or 3 months depending on the nature of the offence, and fine the law breakers for each offence committed. Where necessary suspend the licence (where there is one) or prevent one being issued for a suitable time.

Separate a boy or man from his vehicle, and they will soon learn the rules of the road.

On the third offense crush the vehicles in a giant hydraulic press, charge the owners’ family an “environmental fee”. If they don’t pay dump the wreckage in front of their house.

22 hours ago, faraday said:

The Police did this in Udon about 10 days ago, at about 4am.

Later on at the main Police station, they took all the exhausts off the confiscated motorcycles, got a steamroller, & crushed them all.

The BIB could troll Thappraya Road and Thepprasit Road in Pattaya and confiscate the multitudes of scooters with modified exhausts. The all important image of Thailand is being damaged  decible by decible.

22 hours ago, faraday said:

The Police did this in Udon about 10 days ago, at about 4am.

Later on at the main Police station, they took all the exhausts off the confiscated motorcycles, got a steamroller, & crushed them all.

Post photos or it didn't happen. The crushed the exhausts or the bikes? 

A steamroller... Really?  I wonder where they got one of those from.  Haven't seen one for fifty years and that was a restoration project for show only. 

Think someone is telling porkies. 

21 hours ago, Camillof said:

Collect 481 fines of 30,000 Bt from irresponsible parents: that sums up to over 14 millions Bt. Then distribute the money to poor local farmers who are getting petty 300 Bt monthly subsidies from the government. That would represent an extra monthly subsidy for about 48,000 poor farmers.

Give the money back to their parents?  You haven't thought this one through have you? 

22 hours ago, 473geo said:

I rode motorcycles, drove vehicles, unlicenced, raced tractors, risked my life going crazy speeds down steep hills on push bikes, no helmet,,,,,nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with my parents, my elder brother did no such things

I think you and I were the only people on this forum who weren't born 60 years old. I did some crazy stuff and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Still do at 63.

Stick your cocoa and slippers. 

59 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Post photos or it didn't happen. The crushed the exhausts or the bikes? 

A steamroller... Really?  I wonder where they got one of those from.  Haven't seen one for fifty years and that was a restoration project for show only. 

Think someone is telling porkies. 

Well here are the pictures from July 7.

Unlike you, I have better things to do than 'tell porkies' or invent stuff - ok na?

Look forward to your apology.

safe_image.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex1.jpg

6 hours ago, Benmart said:

The BIB could troll Thappraya Road and Thepprasit Road in Pattaya and confiscate the multitudes of scooters with modified exhausts. The all important image of Thailand is being damaged  decible by decible.

You old boys must be losing your sight, some of the biggest offenders are the trucks!! Not to mention the Harley d's - neither of which I notice are appear to be part of the exhaust crushing exercise

Maybe the time to invest in Honda, parts division looks like it will see record numbers this year ????????

I guess the motorcycle shops who fit them might continue on the side, after all this crushing ensures repeat business ????

Just spoke to my son he is not interested in a modified exhuast, I guess my wife must be up for a good parenting award ????

On 7/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, rooster59 said:

The Buri Ram police chief said the parents will either receive a warning or be required to provide a financial collateral so they can be serious about stopping their children from repeating the offence. If their children are caught racing again, the collateral will be confiscated, and the parents will be charged with abetting wrongdoing, which is punishable by up to three months in jail and/or Bt30,000 in fine

Back tracking again.... just do it !

On 7/20/2019 at 10:10 AM, 473geo said:

I rode motorcycles, drove vehicles, unlicenced, raced tractors, risked my life going crazy speeds down steep hills on push bikes, no helmet,,,,,nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with my parents, my elder brother did no such things

But, hey, you had god on your side,right? 

20 minutes ago, faraday said:

Waiting for your reply Mr Pockets.......

????

On the first photo looks like the cops behind are working on how to untangle the ones that are crushed into the manhole cover!! ????

As someone posted set up a track and have safety requirements etc. Teach them right from wrong and what will happen if they 

break laws. 

One worry if they have a track would be insurance when/if they had 

an accident....

there was a drag strip that had basically teens night when I was in high school. I pops thought we were learning safety when installed seatbeats in the car.....he didn’t know we’d go racing ...

we all got a good laugh on that including pops years later,,,

On 7/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, Lungstib said:

Auction off the bikes to cover expenses. Not all parents 'let' the kids have the bike, the kids just take them. No bike, no street racing. Do it regularly and sign these kids up for attitude adjustment instead of political opponents. This social irresponsibility is worse than any demonstration. The message will sink in to all involved when a 50,000b bike is gone.

says the selfish guy.

only 45 of them were underage.

and it is very common for cops here to round up group rides and accuse them as racing.

as most non riders do, like you.

and asking for selling other's bikes. so you can drive your cage nicely on roads. selfish.

and what do you want those kids to do?

drugs and gang fights? you were never young?

those kids racing are bc of authorities that are offering nothing for them. 

On 7/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, prakhonchai nick said:

Confiscate ALL vehicles, cars, trucks and motorbikes, for all motoring infractions, be it racing, speeding, no licence, no helmet etc Keep them for 1, 2 or 3 months depending on the nature of the offence, and fine the law breakers for each offence committed. Where necessary suspend the licence (where there is one) or prevent one being issued for a suitable time.

Separate a boy or man from his vehicle, and they will soon learn the rules of the road.

And bring back hanging - for everyone!

Archived