BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Phuket: Tourist stabbed in the neck - it was something he said

36 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i would risk a knife in the neck if we had just one woman in Hua Hin worth the trouble.

Is this so NC...... ? When I lived there after arriving in LoS in 2005 I thought there were one or two very pretty ladies along Soi Bintabaht , this was after leaving my wife behing in England.  I did decide after a while that one has been in the LoS too long when ladyboys start looking prettier though.

Thailand safe for tourists??? yeah...

36 minutes ago, reefsurfah said:

No misunderstanding here, you don't try that in front of one man's wife and kids.  Dumbass egyptian.  

You believe that story? Really?

I’ve been coming here many years before relocating permanently. I’ve been sober, drunk & high and somewhere in between but not once have I ever had any issue, bad words spoken or antagonised any Thai to the point of violence. 

People are always ‘misunderstood’ after they get stabbed in the neck 555

44 minutes ago, reefsurfah said:

No misunderstanding here, you don't try that in front of one man's wife and kids.  Dumbass egyptian.  

That's right and if you do, you take what's coming 😉

33 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You believe that story? Really?

Why don’t you, filthy mind mouthing off in front of his mates ! What would you do,slap him with your purse?

1 hour ago, reefsurfah said:

Yes but an "<deleted>" and a kick where it hurts, by the vendor would have been the smarter mover....but smart is difficult to find around here.

So he grabbed the knife that was lying about and went for the man's neck. 

About what was it lying? 

Reminds me a long time back when I wanted a tow bar fitted to my car, and the fitter wanted to cut a hole in my bumper. I said "<deleted>&$ that". Thinking I was using the f word AT him he proceeding to shove, kick and punch until he was separated from me by his boss. Short fuses + misunderstandings, common.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

This story does not add up to me. An Egyptian tourist deliberately speaking English to a Thai ?

Well I guess he figured out she wouldn't understand Arabic.

“A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after he said something derogatory in English to his wife.”

So the roti seller stabbed the tourist because the tourist said something to his own wife? Or to the roti seller’s wife? It’s not clear. Should read:

*A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after the tourist said something derogatory in English to the roti seller’s wife.*

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I feel for the guy in a way. I used to be embarrassed to be a foreigner in areas like Phuket and Pattaya where farangs eye up or think every woman is for sale. But you cant just go around stabbing people in the neck either. Egypt bloke probably made some rude comment thinking the vendor wouldnt understand. Yes the great publicity for Thailand tourism keeps coming. I see all the taxi drivers and touts still fighting each other at bali hai pier. The party is just about over I reckon

Who knows what the egyptian tried to tell to the vendors!

Who really knows?

235AAD22-8CCD-44D9-A501-6B25FC8597A7-506-0000003E50D5F908.jpg.bc1086cdc01437164d551f58b2aacc7c.jpg