Phuket: Tourist stabbed in the neck - it was something he said

rooster59

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, steven100 said:

It mentioned he made a rude sexual suggestion ….

was he suggesting he'd love to …. da .. da so much

B.J thinking allthai girls are prostitut take you to the emergency

15 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Wonderful. More anti thai stuff sent out to the world. Grow up thailand, you are so backward, that is why we love you. 

Agreed, it would be nice if Thailand were knife[er]-free like London, for example.  :stoner:

7 hours ago, Duck J Butters said:

It gets old when people use Phuket and Pattaya in the same sentence. Phuket is not simply Patong. The average wealth of people living in Phuket is on par with that of Hawaii, USA. We have celebs, Olympians super elites living here in Phuket. We have feeder schools for our children that guarantee admission at  Stanford, Harvard,  an Yale in the USA: Phuket is much more than Patong Beach and not the dumpster that is Pattaya. I really wish people the can’t afford to travel to / live in Phuket would stop trashing on it.

Guaranteed admission?  Which feeder schools?  Highly doubt there is guaranteed admission with the recent scandals.

A Thai roti seller in Phuket stabbed a tourist in the neck with an Itoh kitchen knife after he said something derogatory in English to his wife. 

So the roti seller definately stabbed the tourist but who was the person who said something and whose wife did he say it to? I thought at first the tourist had said something to his own wife and the roti seller stabbed him but I guess it was the roti seller's wife who was spoken to. It would be nice to have some clarity but perhaps the journalist is a Thai suffering from the normal obscurfaction you get when asking any question - either ignored, or so vague as to be meaningless.  

On 7/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, RichardColeman said:

This story does not add up to me. An Egyptian tourist deliberately speaking English to a Thai ?

English was most probably his second language (at least before his throat was cut) and she would most likely not speak Egyptian or Arabic - most if not all of the Egyptians I have known & worked with speak fluent English - quite a few were pussy magnets though........I guess old habits die hard.

17 hours ago, amykat said:

Spidermike, sometimes you have to judge things based on the culture that it came out of and I don’t think this shows low self esteem and all this you have written.  Protecting your wife and children is a thing in every culture, doing it more violently is the way in most countries.

I completely agree. When the safety of your wife or family is in jeopardy, all bets are off. But, even though words can cause offense, they do not physically wound, nor do they pose a security threat, normally. However, this tiny man, with no self esteem, could not handle anything even bordering on criticism, and he reacted violently. I do believe that a man who knows who he is, and has a real sense of self, would not commit an act that could have easily resulted in the death of another, over something as trivial as a perceived insult. Please. This has nothing to do with violence in another country. Think about it. If you are uncomfortable within your own skin, you are more prone to commit acts of violence and utter stupidity. He ended up doing the opposite of protecting his wife. How is he going to be able to take care of his family in prison? 

On 7/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, Tarteso said:

Who knows what the egyptian tried to tell to the vendors!

Who really knows?

235AAD22-8CCD-44D9-A501-6B25FC8597A7-506-0000003E50D5F908.jpg.bc1086cdc01437164d551f58b2aacc7c.jpg

Unfortunately, that high cultural level is long gone in Egypt ... nowadays, they only know the Quran.

Quran (4:24) - "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."

Stupid as many are, they consider all Thai as pagans and therefore, slave material.

Unfortunately, this <deleted> did not realize, a roti vendor in Phuket is most likely also a muslim - so the Thai‘s reponse was just the same, the Egyptian would  have given in Egypt, if someone would have behaved like that to one of his wives 555

I completely agree. When the safety of your wife or family is in jeopardy, all bets are off. But, even though words can cause offense, they do not physically wound, nor do they pose a security threat, normally. However, this tiny man, with no self esteem, could not handle anything even bordering on criticism, and he reacted violently. I do believe that a man who knows who he is, and has a real sense of self, would not commit an act that could have easily resulted in the death of another, over something as trivial as a perceived insult. Please. This has nothing to do with violence in another country. Think about it. If you are uncomfortable within your own skin, you are more prone to commit acts of violence and utter stupidity. He ended up doing the opposite of protecting his wife. How is he going to be able to take care of his family in prison? 

Hopefully he won’t go to prison.

Why do you call him a tiny man? Do you think being short makes one less a man? Do only tall men allow strangers to make vulgar comments to their wives?

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Hopefully he won’t go to prison.

Why do you call him a tiny man? Do you think being short makes one less a man? Do only tall men allow strangers to make vulgar comments to their wives?

His tiny status has nothing to do with his height. It is about his lack of intelligence, heart, dignity, and his stature with regard to his manhood. 

On 7/20/2019 at 9:50 AM, NCC1701A said:

i would risk a knife in the neck if we had just one woman in Hua Hin worth the trouble.

Stick with the "double baggers" it's less painful & expensive in the long run!

His tiny status has nothing to do with his height. It is about his lack of intelligence, heart, dignity, and his stature with regard to his manhood. 

Sorry, I didn’t realize you knew him.

So it’s only intelligent, sting of heart, dignified, well endowed men that allow strangers to make vulgar comments to their wives in front of their children.

Would they allow the same for their mother or daughter as well?

51 minutes ago, mogandave said:

So it’s only intelligent, sting of heart, dignified, well endowed men that allow strangers to make vulgar comments to their wives in front of their children.

If he was that irate then maybe a punch might have been a little wiser than a knife. Obviously still not ideal but chances are he wouldn't have been looking at prison time. I wonder how his wife feels about his supposed chivalrous behavior.

54 minutes ago, mogandave said:

You have had a very strange reaction to my comment. Does this guy really deserve your defense of his character?

Many of us might get offended by a stranger making what may or may not have been an insult or unkind comment about his wife. First of all I would ask did this guy speak good enough English to even understand what was said? Even so, what would your reaction have been? I might have said something. Hey, I understood what you just said and I did not like it. That is my wife you just insulted. Perhaps something of that nature?

But, we are talking about stabbing someone in the neck. An often times fatal injury. For a perceived insult. Can we at least agree the violent and potentially deadly response was a bit over the top and unnecessary? 

I would argue that along with intelligence, strength of heart and character, comes self discipline and the ability to react correctly to a situation, demonstrate respect for another human being and show restraint. 

I never mentioned his endowment. The tiny reference about his violent character and small, black heart, as I clarified earlier. 

If he was that irate then maybe a punch might have been a little wiser than a knife. Obviously still not ideal but chances are he wouldn't have been looking at prison time. I wonder how his wife feels about his supposed chivalrous behavior.

There were (apparently) three guys.

2 minutes ago, AverageBloke said:

Thank you. I doubt she feels much pride at the moment. She is probably thinking it was just another demonstration of his severe lack of emotional development and character. 

His ability to look out for her while in prison is going to be severely hampered. 

Thank you. I doubt she feels much pride at the moment. She is probably thinking it was just another demonstration of his severe lack of emotional development and character. 

His ability to look out for her while in prison is going to be severely hampered. 

Oh, you know the wife as well.

Too funny

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

A post containing a video using profane language has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Nice how keyboard warriors call out a man protecting his family, especially not even knowing what actually happened or knowing the man personally.  Put yourself in this man's shoes who is trying to make a living with his wife and kids on the stalls at night.  They just want to sell rotis to provide for their own food and shelter.  There is no place for vulgar sexual contents to a man's wife especially in front of his kids.  Thailand and Asian culture is about saving face.  If you don't believe it, google search and you will see what kinds of things a person, man/woman in Thailand would do to uphold their honor regardless of where they are in society.  Maybe that's the only thing they have left, dignity and respect to protect.  Perhaps people should show and treat others the same way they expect to be treated.

Archived