Hua Hin: Cancer sufferer still fighting for justice - so that others won't be conned

rooster59

Hua Hin: Cancer sufferer still fighting for justice - so that others won't be conned

S__8470532-640x480.jpg

A Dutch man in a long running saga over a series of medical bills from a hospital in Hua Hin in 2015 - 2016 is still pursuing the case so that other foreigners won't get conned. 

The health authorities already found in favor of Edwin Buse, now 50, after a hospital in Hua Hin charged him an extra 300 baht (or 15% more) per visit for treatment for colon cancer. 

The authorities ordered the hospital to return 12,746 baht to Mr Buse, a former train engineer who now tends goats in Klong Wan district of Prachuap Khiri Khan.

He said in January that this was still not enough after he made 14 visits and got other treatment. 

Mr Buse has refused to accept the payout. Yesterday he went to meet with Pol Lt-Col Chaiwiwat Janthorn of the Hua Hin police to make a formal complaint. 

Mr Buse said that he had been treated for an extra 50 baht a time though he didn't specify what hospital. That was fine.

He said that it was not about the money - that can be paid later - it was about the principle of a hospital overcharging a foreigner and doing what they please despite health department regulations. 

He intends to keep fighting so that others are not forced to pay irregular charges in this manner.

Source: Talk News Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-20

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just in the hospitals, it's everywhere, you need to have your wits about you because they will charge extra where they can.

The ones that do get away for it, fail to get return business from me.

I have wp and social security and got screwed by public hospital in a different way.

I have a small amount of private insurance (coverage around 50000thb).

I had an accident and broke my arm.

Social security covered everything except a metal plate and private room .. 

Now here is the fun part.. 

The surgery was covered by social security. But they maxed my private insurance with it. And then they asked for cash for the metal plate.. after waiting around 12 hours to get this sorted when trying to "check out" from the hospital I just gave up..

And then the next day when I was home I tried to call the insurance company saying the hospital screwed them and me.. Insurance company kept giving me the run-around etc so I gave up..

Lesson learned:  don't sign anything u don't understand.. dont tell them u have private insurance until the very very end and then make sure that they put everything on social security first .. 

1 minute ago, hobz said:

had an accident and broke my arm.

Social security covered everything except a metal plate and private room .. 

Could have gone the normal route of plaster and no plate. Just as effective and 1/10 the price.

Surgery and metal plate is a scam, most breaks don't need it, and the plate may cause problems later.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

keep up the good work. somebody who is standing up, not just whining on their keyboard. 

My misses just negotiated for an old Dutch guy in Chiang Mai with a broken hip.

Suan Dok aka Maharaj wanted a 30k cash deposit before he entered and estimated the total bill at around 300k (metal plates).

Nakorn Ping agreed to 30k total, paid direct by his Thai minimum m/c insurance (plaster cast).

Ripping foreigners off is bad enough but ripping off sick people is beyond disgusting 

Edit: For the sake of the “it’s just 100 baht” brigade. The size of the rip off is irrelevant to the fact it’s a rip off.

Archived