Hua Hin: Cancer sufferer still fighting for justice - so that others won't be conned

rooster59

There is no need for government hospitals to be subsidized (other than expansion and new medical equipment) . The prices that are set by the MOPH cover all cost for medical treatment. Foreigners are cash paying patients or have medical insurance,  so they can't be a burden to Thai health care. Than what is the problem in the financial system of government hospitals? A very large group of Thais have free medical healthcare under the 30 baht scheme (bat thong). The first problem is that Thais don't even have to pay the mandatory 30 baht for a single visit how it was designed in the first place by the Taksin regime (there is an exemption for this fee for the most poor, but this is a relatively small group). The second problem is that the government does not fully cover the medical expenses of the 30 baht (bat thong) patients. They more or less let the hospital try to find there own financial resources what leads to putting the bill to the cash paying patients and insurance companies and even results in criminal behavior. This is simply an unacceptable situation. If the government provide free (or at least at the rate of 30 baht) medical health care for Thais, they have to cover the full 100% of the medical cost and not put it down on other patients. 

If you want to look up the prices for government hospitals, download the pdf files on this link

http://www.plandmsc.com/planinformation/planinform/135-dmsc-fee.html

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, dallen52 said:

It's been raised before and will no doubt be again. 

Yes we are soft targets.

And yes it's still much cheaper than back home for many.

But why the double standard prices are allowed to continue is beyond me..

Good Luck if you can get a refund. 

Screenshot_20190701-173806_Chrome.jpg

Because in all government hospitals, all charges for Thai will be subsidized by the government and this does not apply for foreigners' charges.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:33 PM, Fairynuff said:

Ripping foreigners off is bad enough but ripping off sick people is beyond disgusting 

Edit: For the sake of the “it’s just 100 baht” brigade. The size of the rip off is irrelevant to the fact it’s a rip off.

My mum was dead 45 min.. no I am not a Dr but have seen death before... so upon hospital they went to work on her the presented a 10k bill....  then more to realease to body..  I said keep her then...  my GF said they will throw her onto the street....  so I paid...

On 7/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, elektrified said:

Last year I was considering prostate treatment at Siriraj. When we were in Bangkok, I went there alone and got the quote for the treatment. The next day, my wife went alone asking the cost for a Thai friend. Guess what? The price was identical. (My wife and I often do this to see if there actually is a difference). In 12 years we have found no evidence of dual pricing.

Paid new 25% foreigner surcharge at Siriraj.  Line item on bill.  Thailand is rotten to the core - and getting worse.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, Chazar said:

I gave the hospital another 2000 baht for "their fund" in appreciation of their great service, no queues no waiting staff were excellent. This is the govt hospital

One born every minute.

Archived