Teen in coma after hazing ritual has died

rooster59

On 7/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, darksidedog said:

RIP Young man. I can only hope that this senseless loss of life will bring new attention to this stupid ritual and see it stamped out before others suffer the same fate.

This school is around 5 minutes from my home, in front of the school (opposite the local hospital) is a bus stop where many students get dropped off by parents or minivans/buses etc

I was there Friday morning and spoke to some of the students.. they were very upset that such a thing could happen to one of their school friends and perpetrated by by some of their own students.

Now they face a murder charge or at least manslaughter.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Exactly. The school management should be punished. They surely must know what's going on at their campus, yet do nothing to stop it. 

It happened off campus... as much as you'd like the school to do something they have no responsibility, jurisdiction or law to tell people what they can or cannot do off their premises!

While they can have an assembly & tell students straight how to behave like normal people, but then off campus students are the responsibility of their parents, if you want to punish someone blame the parenting, teachers are teachers, parent are the guardians!

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It happened off campus... as much as you'd like the school to do something they have no responsibility, jurisdiction or law to tell people what they can or cannot do off their premises!

While they can have an assembly & tell students straight how to behave like normal people, but then off campus students are the responsibility of their parents, if you want to punish someone blame the parenting, teachers are teachers, parent are the guardians!

Although Schools can expel any students that carry out "hazing" or violent attacks of any kind on anyone, whether on or off school premises 

Archived