BANGKOK

I am located in Sisaket province and I would like to buy a few cows, for reproduction, not for selling as meat. 

I understand that it is risky to buy randomly on cattle markets here and there, because many sellers are offering damaged animals, sometime carefully prepared for the occasion with the help of a vet and his magic needles. 

Thus my question is do you know of any reliable cattle market or farmer in this area? I can easily travel between Sisaket and Surin or Ubon, if necessary... 

Troll post removed

21 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I am located in Sisaket province and I would like to buy a few cows, for reproduction, not for selling as meat

Have your partner find and contact your local Department of Livestock and Development you should have a local office. I'm in Kap Choeng Surin and my wife deals with our local DLD. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Have your partner find and contact your local Department of Livestock and Development you should have a local office. I'm in Kap Choeng Surin and my wife deals with our local DLD. 

Thanks, I will look into that... 

If you can pick up in Sarahkam province let me know what you are looking for, its easy to source we can deliver as well, like everything for a cost. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

If you can pick up in Sarahkam province let me know what you are looking for, its easy to source we can deliver as well, like everything for a cost. 

Sarakham... I had to look it up, one of the few provinces I had not heard about... 

Why not... can you send me some pictures of what you have? 

I would be interested in buying 3 females and a male, all in or near reproduction age, but young anyway... 

As for the race, probably a crossbreed such as Thai Black (Thai/Black Angus) or Tark breed (Brahman/Charolais) or something similar... 

Give me a few days, i will have to get with uncle who owns them.  I don't keep cows, i can't eat em they taste like crap, so its like a horse you can't ride.  So you want Calving age?  Send me a message with your phone number and I will get with you directly.  

If you want cows you need the Moo.

contact your local government livestock department and get the moo location of the markets. 

• Haha 1

Would be cheaper if you bought locally.  Gonna cost you to ship.  Have your wife's dad or uncle take you to the local moo market.  Pretty easy to purchase, just make sure you look at them closely so your not buying a problem. 

i will get you photos and prices though just to compare. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

i will get you photos and prices though just to compare. 

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

Would be cheaper if you bought locally.  Gonna cost you to ship.  Have your wife's dad or uncle take you to the local moo market.  Pretty easy to purchase, just make sure you look at them closely so your not buying a problem. 

I know a few markets around but, as I said, I don't trust the sellers because fraud (trying to sell damaged animals) is rampant. 

Maybe I could ask (and pay) a vet to come with me, so that he could check the animals much more efficiently than I can... 

• Like 1

Just make sure you know your vet, all the cow buying i have seen up here has been done in lots of like 5, if you have a problem animal its going to the moo market.  Just based upon what i have seen.  Now if you know of a farmer who has a lot of cows, you might have good luck purchasing through him.  You damn well better have a vet check out the animal before you bid if that is possible. 

• Like 1

Just spoke to my uncle, he is still laughing, buy em down there.  The shipping alone would be expensive as he put it.  Call the Ag department in your county.  They will have the information on the market. 

• Like 1