Pattaya communities urged to connect all homes, businesses to sewage system

Rimmer

Pattaya communities urged to connect all homes, businesses to sewage system

n6-J-18-02-Polluter-Pays.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya trained neighborhood leaders on how to properly dispose of community wastewater.

Deputy Mayor Manote Nongyai opened the July 18 campaign for 84 community representatives.

Sanitation Department staffers explained how neighborhoods can promote to residents and businesses the principles of environmental conservation and managing flood runoff and sewage.

They said the city needs everyone’s cooperation in resolving long-running water-pollution problems and explained Pattaya’s efforts over the years to capture and treat wastewater.

However, they said, not every home and business is connected to the city’s sewage system and/or paying utility bills. More cooperation is needed.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-communities-urged-to-connect-all-homes-businesses-to-sewage-system-259857

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-20—

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Fine them if they don't do it.

Yes but first the city has to build the sewers for every home and business to connect to then the sewage treatment plants and keep them fully operational at all times..as already suggested..its a pipe dream !!!

5 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Why urging them? Make it a law. Fine them if they don't do it.

Every condo/hotel building is EIA approved by law so of course there is sufficient infrastructure to handle waste according to law......Oh ...it is the smaller communities that are at fault.??? ..y'know, the ones that were there before the high rises were built.....Ah yes I get your point...

8 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

What about my connection at Immigration???

????

I think we are on shaky ground by making a connection between the sewer that runs down Jomtien Soi 5 and the Immigration office... :whistling:

15 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

The point was 2-ways. You can't force someone to connect to something that doesn't exist. So when you make it mandatory, you're forced to do your part and actually build that. I could not believe anyone would encourage dumping raw sewage into canals, roadside flood drains or directly into the sea.

Of course you are correct but blaming local communities is just wrong!

My house and all my neighbours have our own underground septic "tanks" with overflow into the drainage system which becomes a problem in rainy season (I shan't describe it). I know that if there were sewage pipes run in down our street we would all connect to it........!!!!!

But what I will openly say...If a connected entrepreneur wants to make a fortune in Pattaya, buy a couple of shit sucking trucks and run them in direct competition with the Government one(s)

Does no good to connect to a sewage system that dumps direct into the gulf without treatment.

Adequate treatment would result in an effluent that could be discharged into the gulf (even better, sold as grey water for agriculture and golf courses.)

Not going to happen here as there is no treatment prior to discharge,

20 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Of course you are correct but blaming local communities is just wrong!

My house and all my neighbours have our own underground septic "tanks" with overflow into the drainage system which becomes a problem in rainy season (I shan't describe it). I know that if there were sewage pipes run in down our street we would all connect to it........!!!!!

But what I will openly say...If a connected entrepreneur wants to make a fortune in Pattaya, buy a couple of shit sucking trucks and run them in direct competition with the Government one(s)

And where does the shit sucking truck get rid of the shit???

On 7/20/2019 at 12:00 PM, Rimmer said:

However, they said, not every home and business is connected to the city’s sewage system and/or paying utility bills. More cooperation is needed.

Is this not within the town planning departments remit?

If you build a new business or home you need town planning consent/inspection, part of that is connecting to certain utilities.... or can you just throw up what you like & connect sewage or utility services without permission?

Okay okay rhetorical question... no need to reply I'm fully aware of where I am....  

On 7/19/2019 at 10:31 PM, jacko45k said:

Pipe dream.

Good one.  And even if they do connect to the "system", the system does not work.  The treatment plant(s) are woefully inadequate.  And knocking holes in the foundation of your houses or business to connect the stink pipe and grey water effluent is a long way off

On 7/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, jacko45k said:

I believe if one lives in a high condo overlooking Jomtiem bay, you can see the gray water being discharged into the sea early mornings staining the waters.. 

You mean  brown trout can be spotted too ?

Archived