Gymnastics

Doisaketmoobaan

Checked with my Thai friend and he said old sports complex on Chang Pua Road was definitely best bet for Gymnastic instruction. My spelling of the Road is phonetic and may not be close. It may be the same road described in the other post with Hotel as part of the name.

The directions would be to go south on the road past Novatel Hotel and it winds past elephant statue and you end up with the complex on your left.

Checked with my Thai friend and he said old sports complex on Chang Pua Road was definitely best bet for Gymnastic instruction. My spelling of the Road is phonetic and may not be close. It may be the same road described in the other post with Hotel as part of the name.

The directions would be to go south on the road past Novatel Hotel and it winds past elephant statue and you end up with the complex on your left.

It sounds like Chang Puak road but I am not so sure about your compass bearings as if you're going away from the city on Chang Puak you are heading "north"

Checked with my Thai friend and he said old sports complex on Chang Pua Road was definitely best bet for Gymnastic instruction.  My spelling of the Road is phonetic and may not be close.  It may be the same road described in the other post with Hotel as part of the name. 

It sounds like Chang Puak road but I am not so sure about your compass bearings as if you're going away from the city on Chang Puak you are heading "north"

Simply, it's inside the old Municipal Stadium complex. Very active place after 4pm, and weekends. It's on Sanamgila road, which turns into Rattanakosin road at the wong wian in front of the stadium entrance. The earlier poster's directions are pretty accurate.... :o

Checked with source and Hang Chuak road is it, except for my phonetic spelling.

When I said south, I mean in a general heading toward Hang Dong, or the opposite direction from Mae Rim.

:o

sanamgila.jpg

once again the board helped me figure it out. Yes Indeed the Sports college has gymnastics school 7 days a week for about 2k baht a month. it was for our almost 4 year old. you have to try out for the school and the youngest kid is around 5. even though the ajarn would have let us try it out we went for the 2.5 hour session and decided against it. there are some serious gymnasts there very impressive watching them. The complex is great and has a lot of activity going on. weve been back 3 times to check it all the action. thanxs-R