BANGKOK
Daniel55

Koh Chang- what place to choose?

Hello everyone,

I Have never been to Koh Chang, but I would like to go there in August, because I have heard many good opinions about this island. I would like to ask you about advise- I am interested about beaches, swimming, jungle, parties, girls, so which area/place on this island could you reccomand me?

I will be grrateful for answers,

Have a great weekend,

Regards,

Daniel

• Haha 1

Wrong forum  - MOVED

23 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Wrong forum  - MOVED

How do we know where it was moved to?

• Like 2

a beautiful island but very hilly if you haven't ridden a scooter do not try to ride one there, white sand beach is the most popular spot with big modem hotels at the right prices the beach is beautiful sea is clear blue water if you like villa living there is a beach with villas and a 9 hole golf course but you need to book ahead for that one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billpro785 said:

Great place to visit, I live there part of the year. In August it rains, a lot. You can count on it raining everyday, and most of the day. In a ten day span you might get one to 2 days of sun.  Plan your activities around hiking in the jungles, and swimming in the waterfalls. The waterfalls will be full, and the jungle green due to all rain. Plenty of bars if you want take a break and stay dry. Check out the East Side, hidden waterfalls, and great view points. 

interesting comments.. ive only been to koh chang once- a few years back... i liked the beach, but not much else to do ...i didnt know about the waterfalls-that sounds nice...

things were spoiled by the thai lady that i went with--she was too lazy to actually do anything...

Posted (edited)

See my trip report.  Later I'll add some photos of the east side of the island

Edited by camble

Like you, never been but I understand from a friend the White Sands beach area is very popular. We’re going to try it in August too. Just as a note had the devils own job finding hotel vacancies. That must be where all the tourists are....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

interesting comments.. ive only been to koh chang once- a few years back... i liked the beach, but not much else to do ...i didnt know about the waterfalls-that sounds nice...

things were spoiled by the thai lady that i went with--she was too lazy to actually do anything...

Bad luck, you must have hooked up with one of my exes.

55 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Like you, never been but I understand from a friend the White Sands beach area is very popular. We’re going to try it in August too. Just as a note had the devils own job finding hotel vacancies. That must be where all the tourists are....

A lot of hotels close at that time of year ( Green season ) due to unpredictable weather and tourist numbers.

White sands is the main developed area, I personally love the island and Klong Prao beach areas, in preference to White sands beach.

The island has one road that goes all around the island, Rural road I think they call it.

Taxis/ baht buses want more money on journeys if it's raining. It is far far better value for your money, (but nowhere near as lively) as Pattaya, Phuket, Koh Samui,  even if a little fiddling around to get to the place.

Very good for those with an active outdoor style of life.

It is in a national park and so hasn't been exposed to high rises and the decimation of its natural beauty.

• Like 1

Compared to southern beach/islands, KC is a dump, but if you like only nature and not beach, yes it's nice.

The elephant island without elephants. Rent a bike and itl like 1 road all around. Think it stopped 3/4 of the and then go back. Have some bars. Quiet and nice after 22.00. I couldn't stand it 5 days since it's to calm and relaxing for me

I agree, it is a dump. Couldn't wait to get on that ferry and never return to the place. Phuket is heaven compared to that dump, cleaner sea, warmer sea, better restaurants, everybody not trying to rip you off. Tomorrow I will tell you how I really feel.

• Confused 3