TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

427543.jpg

The acting head of Thai Immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang appears to be stepping up his policy of making sure that all house owners and hoteliers report the whereabouts of foreigners within 24 hours or face fines.

He has also warned foreigners staying longer than  three months to make their 90 day reports or face fines. 

Thai news site Naew Na - who have become somewhat of a mouthpiece for immigration in recent days - featured the latest stories about officers acting on Sompong or Big Oud's orders. 

In Chonburi at Sunset Village Beach resort in Jomtien and at the "1000 Resort" in Phichit immigration found everything to be in order. 

But in Roi-Et a house owner was fined. 

And in Singburi a house in Moo 13 Mai Dat sub-district was surrounded and the house owner was fined under section 38. 

The message from these stories - appearing in Naew Na almost every day recently - is clear:

If you have a foreigner staying in your address it must be reported within 24 hours. 

If you are on a long stay visa make sure you report your whereabouts every 90 days. 

TM.30

Over the past year, Thai immigration have started to more strictly enforce its requirement of the reporting of the locations of foreigners staying in Thailand. 

The requirement isn’t new and is actually part of the 1979 Immigration Act, covered under section 38, which reads:

“House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." 

“The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30”.

If you are staying in a hotel, then the hotel will complete the TM.30 on your behalf.

However, if for example you have friends or family staying with you at your home in Thailand you have a responsibility to submit a TM.30 within 24 hours of their arrival so that immigration know your friends are staying at your address.

If you live in a rented property in Thailand, your landlord needs to submit a TM.30 to tell immigration you are living at that address. 

Likewise, perhaps you or your wife owns a property in Thailand which is rented out to a foreigner, you also have a responsibility to submit a TM.30 form.

If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there.

As mentioned, the requirement to submit a TM.30 is not new but it is now being more rigorously enforced. 

Failing to complete a TM.30 can result in a fine of up to 2,000 baht.

You can submit the TM.30 form at your local immigration office.

If there is not an immigration in your province, the form can be submitted at your local police station.

The TM.30 can also be submitted online but the system only works for Chrome and Internet Explorer users.

As with many rules and regulations from immigration, the actual requirements may differ from one office to another. 

To confirm exactly what is required in your province, contact your local immigration office.

You can download the TM.30 form here.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-20

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there.

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

I suspect they mean that in that case you are supposed to file yourself.

5 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Yes, i wrote about that here before somewhere. Reason being if u are the registered housemaster the system at the airport doesn't log your tm30 out so you are still registered. 

Of course i got only naysayer replies, including mods here, but now u have it from immigration source too. ???? 

So much for the systems aren't connected, they are.. And revenue department sooner or later too. 

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

As with many rules and regulations from immigration, the actual requirements may differ from one office to another. 

You forgot to mention that they can also change from day to day and from officer to officer.

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

good question ! waiting for responses 

Just now, BritManToo said:

I wrote my address on the entry form, that's all yer getting.

Let's hope that your house isn't surrounded and that you are not on the front page of the news soon (you criminal)!  ????

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Looks like you can choose option A)Everybody has to do it or get fined or

B)It's up to your local Imm. office or police station

Just now, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

Why? There are guys on here that can do a visa in 12 minutes and get their taxi driver to do a 90 day report.. I am sure many are looking forward to the day that we have to wear different coloured badges sewn on to our beer chang vests so that they will have gold stars because of how shiney their boots are !!!!

Idiocy at its finest. This thing won't last. When large numbers of Thais start getting fines it'll be reined in.

But what a pathetic spectacle it is right now. A mate of mine had his door knocked on and his condo owner fined after he visited a province only 40km away

It has become so predictable...just when you take a deep breath and try to relax...more in your face from Thai authorities...

It is encouraging to note that this requirement has been on the books for 40 years...lets hope mandatory health insurance is likewise placed an a shelf for many years...

Just now, Puchaiyank said:

It has become so predictable...just when you take a deep breath and try to relax...more in your face from Thai authorities...

It is encouraging to note that this requirement has been on the books for 40 years...lets hope mandatory health insurance is likewise placed an a shelf for many years...

Shhhhhhhhh!  Don't remind them, we're hoping they forgot about it for now.

14 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

“House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." 

Is there any significance in the words "on a temporary basis"?

I own my condo and live there permanently by extending my retirement visa every 12 months.

I did my 90 days reporting online a few weeks  ago and was not asked about TM30 

A friend, in the same position as me, did an extension on his retirement visa without any request for TM30 either.

Both at CW 

9 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

I bet you'll still be here in a year. Just like everyone else who threatens to take their expat retiree money elsewhere...

10 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

I was hoping you caught this load of crap. I have way more harsher words than just feeling like a criminal without a record. But then I would become one in their eyes.

14 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

I own my condo and live there permanently by extending my retirement visa every 12 months.

A friend, in the same position as me, did an extension on his retirement visa without any request for TM30 either.

Both at CW 

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Shhhhhhhhh!  Don't remind them, we're hoping they forgot about it for now.

Y'see I don't mind compulsory Health Insurance but not as an added requirement. Logically it should be either 800,000 OR Health Insurance for that amount..

Oh...I seem to have lost everybody at "Logically"......

3 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

Both at CW 

Well, at Jomtien the policy seems to be that never doing even one TM30 (might need to for more recent new owners) is A-OK.

You would still be under the foreign visitor's requirement though. 

Archived