TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Y'see I don't mind compulsory Health Insurance but not as an added requirement. Logically it should be either 800,000 OR Health Insurance for that amount..

Oh...I seem to have lost everybody at "Logically"......

I agree, I have excellent health insurance (for life) that covers me even here in Thailand, but I have already resigned myself to the possibility that it will not be accepted by the Thai authorities (for a multitude of reasons) and I will still have to buy one of their bogus policies just to stay here in the near future.

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I agree, I have excellent health insurance (for life) that covers me even here in Thailand, but I have already resigned myself to the possibility that it will not be accepted by the Thai authorities (for a multitude of reasons) and I will still have to buy one of their bogus policies just to stay here in the near future.

I think that'll be the tipping point for a lot of people ???? 

24 minutes ago, blackcab said:
28 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there.

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

How do you get "if you have a yellow book etc" from rooster59s statment ????

PR have never had to do TM30, have they ?

4 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This was just posted in another thread regarding Nonthburi immigration and the law stating we must inform them before we leave the home going to another province over 24hrs. 

http://nonthaburi.immigration.go.th/en/2018/12/01/พ-ร-บ-คนเข้าเมือง/

What's going to be the next straw?

How the #@#* can you inform them before you leave home, especially if you don't use chrome or IE browsers?

26 minutes ago, 2long said:

How about short-time hotels? ????

That'd be an interesting can of worms if everyone had to 'report' their stays! ????

Yeah, that could get even more tricky if they started reporting, and your wife was in immigration one day to report and they informed her that, "no need, PB short time hotel already reported your husband's whereabouts...."

35 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

And revenue department sooner or later too. 

Do you think that it's beyond the realms of possibility for them to start molesting foreigners about tax, if that was to happen?

They seem to be molesting them for everything else up until now.

The fact that one thinks he is compliant with laws, in a country where law enforcement is selective and arbitrary, might indicate improper tax planning when assessing a country's risk, and purchasing paid visa options.

23 minutes ago, z42 said:

Idiocy at its finest. This thing won't last. When large numbers of Thais start getting fines it'll be reined in.

But what a pathetic spectacle it is right now. A mate of mine had his door knocked on and his condo owner fined after he visited a province only 40km away

How did immigration know he visited another province? The only way that could happen if if they visited a hotel (the hotel did the tm30), and then your friend returned home but the condo owner didn't report them as returning - and that the immigration computers are somehow linked and immigration was aware of this. I won't bother my wife's family with this nonsense when I visit them in another province. 

26 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes, i wrote about that here before somewhere. Reason being if u are the registered housemaster the system at the airport doesn't log your tm30 out so you are still registered. 

Of course i got only naysayer replies, including mods here, but now u have it from immigration source too. ???? 

So much for the systems aren't connected, they are.. And revenue department sooner or later too. 

What do you mean by Registered Housemaster ? Registered Where ?

The TM30 system has no idea whether you are the owner, housemaster or the possesor, you dont tick a box to say whick one you are. Lots of people (most) have a yellow book but are not the housemaster for the property.

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

This was just posted in another thread regarding Nonthburi immigration and the law stating we must inform them before we leave the home going to another province over 24hrs. 

I smell a money maker here with this one.

EXAMPLE:

1.  You must notify them prior to leaving for 24 hours or more.

2.  You MUST notify them of WHERE you will be staying (hotel/family/friends).

3.  They will be checking to see that a TM30 was filed for your stay at your hotel/friends/relatives house.

4.  They will be following up and collecting fines for missing TM30 reports from you and/or your host(s).

5.  Proof of a hotel reservation will probably be required if staying at a hotel.

bookmark for future reference

I'm overseas at the moment and will return and stay in our house in the GF's province, where I don't usually reside.During the 2 weeks before going back to Phuket I'll spend at least 2 nights in a Bangkok hotel, stay with friends in Lopburi and another hotel either in Chonburi or Hua Hin.

In theory I'd have to report the one night spent with friends and 4 times at the provincial Immigration office; the two other trips out should be reported by hotels.

No chance!

1 minute ago, Samuel Smith said:

Best policy.  Just pay the fine once when you need to do something at immigration.  Try to comply, & you'll slip up eventually & get the same fine.

Thye could refuse your next application on that basis that you were derelict. 

37 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

Got to love it...as everyone is trying to process/guess/OBEY this, right out of left filed, with no consequences..."you can kiss my grits good bye!!!  Your da best!!!!  And deserved to have this last moment to stand and speak the truth without fear!!! Godspeed!!

Just now, Samuel Smith said:

Best policy.  Just pay the fine once when you need to do something at immigration.  Try to comply, & you'll slip up eventually & get the same fine.

I wonder of the fine you paid (must have a receipt) will get you out of your next fine for the current month ... as in the speeding ticket rule here (which is good for a day).

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:
2 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Thye could refuse your next application on that basis that you were derelict. 

They are taking this extremely seriously. I witnessed an argument between a Thai apartment owner and the immigration boss where they were making him pay maximum fines for six foreigners he rents to. The immigration police lady was immovable and bawling him out.

7 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I'm overseas at the moment and will return and stay in our house in the GF's province, where I don't usually reside.During the 2 weeks before going back to Phuket I'll spend at least 2 in a Bangkok hotel, stay with friends in Lopburi and anothe hotel either in Chonburi or Hua Hin.

In theory I'd have to report the one night spent with friends and 4 times at the provincial Immigration office; the two other trips out should be reported by hotels.

No chance!

YEP!!!  They bust everyone nutz...Welcome to LOS...and ???? forget to report to mom

Just now, keemapoot said:

They are taking this extremely seriously. I witnessed an argument between a Thai apartment owner and the immigration boss where they were making him pay maximum fines for six foreigners he rents to. The immigration police lady was immovable and bawling him out.

It'll soon be difficult for farangs to find a place to rent here.  Maybe that's the goal.

24 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

none left!!!!!  Head for the nearest border crossing (exit).

Just now, MeePeeMai said:

It'll soon be difficult for farangs to find a place to rent here.  Maybe that's the goal.

I have some more news on this one. I had a chat at the airport with a young guy who is in Bangkok on a work permit and visa for teaching. He has a limited budget, and wants to change apartments in the 10,000 Baht range. He told me nobody will rent to him (has gone to several apartments already) and at that price range as they prefer Thais because of this headache with reporting. So, if true generally, at least a the lower end of the market we see a chilling effect already happening.

5 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

3 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

I have some more news on this one. I had a chat at the airport with a young guy who is in Bangkok on a work permit and visa for teaching. He has a limited budget, and wants to change apartments in the 10,000 Baht range. He told me nobody will rent to him (has gone to several apartments already) and at that price range as they prefer Thais because of this headache with reporting. So, if true generally, at least a the lower end of the market we see a chilling effect already happening.

So there is method in their madness after all.

Just now, TSF said:
7 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

4 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

So there is method in their madness after all.

If the method is to lock foreigners out of the low-rent apartments, then yes, it seems to be working. I doubt it affects the higher end of the rental market as the customers are largely wealthier foreigners.

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

If the method is to lock foreigners out of the low-rent apartments, then yes, it seems to be working. I doubt it affects the higher end of the rental market as the customers are largely wealthier foreigners.

Low level Thai apartment owners reading immigration news?  Sure!

Archived