TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

On 8/4/2019 at 10:34 PM, emptypockets said:

Hairless heads seem to be popular. The wife often comments on it. Why so may farang cannot grow hair?

I laugh too. Cant understand it myself. Vanity? Fooling themselves that hey have more testosterone by shaving their heads? Most look like adicksans balls

Simple, you can't nourish and grow brains and hair at the same time. 

Just tell the facts of life. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

My Thai wife tells me don't worry about it where not in Bangkok. I was just their no problems 

And if you travel with a Thai person, just have them register at the hotel, then no need as a Foreigner to report as no record of you ever being away from home

8 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

And if you travel with a Thai person, just have them register at the hotel, then no need as a Foreigner to report as no record of you ever being away from home

Is that always possible though? When I went away on a golf trip recently they said all the guests had to provide passport or driving licence to check in. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Is that always possible though? When I went away on a golf trip recently they said all the guests had to provide passport or driving licence to check in. 

Was responding to the post where he said "My Thai wife" , so suggesting she register/check-in at hotel.

True, many instances where a foreigner would register travelling alone, then would have to file a TM-30 on returning home  

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Was responding to the post where he said "My Thai wife" , so suggesting she register/check-in at hotel.

True, many instances where a foreigner would register travelling alone, then would have to file a TM-30 on returning home  

Yes, the TM30 regulations require that you file a TM-30 within 24 hours when returning 'home'.

However, bear in mind:

- TM30 compliance will ONLY be checked by your provincial IO and this only when you apply there for a service where they need your address (e.g. extension of stay, residence permit).  Not checked when you do your 90-day reporting in person at the provincial IO.

- TM30 compliance is not enforced by all provincial IO's, some simply don't care if you do it or not.

- In case you travel often in or out of Thailand, instead of filing each time a new TM30 you could simply skip that, and only make sure that before you visit your provincial IO a CURRENT TM30 has been filed, as your history is not taken into account.

Archived