TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

30 minutes ago, lkv said:

Oh Marcus, that's a 90 day report receipt.

I am talking about TM30 and TM28.

There is no excuse whatsoever. You should have known. It's an old law. 

lkv   

That form pictured is the TM30 notification, I have one just like it, as well as the 90 day form with the next report date, and an old departure card completing the trio of forms that must reside in my passport permanently.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

lkv   

That form pictured is the TM30 notification, I have one just like it, as well as the 90 day form with the next report date, and an old departure card completing the trio of forms that must reside in my passport permanently.

Then my bad if I am wrong, never saw how a TM30 receipt looks like and I never will hopefully. But then again fortunately for me, never saw a 90 day report in my life.

Apologies for the confusion.

Translated: We have found a "Cash Cow" that will keep giving milk indefinitely.  Virtually no Thai person knows of this law, so when a foreigner tried to extend their visa - we'll get paid!!!  If not by the Thai householder, then the foreigner will pay themselves for the "privilege' of remaining in our beautiful, xenophobic country.  Thailand for Thai people!  Everyone else?  Report your address or pay up!!! 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The officer in that graphic is smiling but us faralangs are certainly not. I don't even understand the third one. Can someone explain? So I plan to travel to a neighboring provide, I need to do what exactly?!?

It doesn't matter.  It says to report to the "relevant" officer.  There is no such person.

24 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Just microchip everyone coming off the flight and be done with the stupid immigration reporting crap.  

never happen because there is no corruption in this.

everything has to be difficult and as confusing as possible.

never happen because there is no corruption in this.
everything has to be difficult and as confusing as possible.

That’ll never happen but anything is possible. For arguments sake if it did that would be where I’d draw the line.

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

As mentioned in other threads, I'm also out of here - and no, the door won't hit me on the way out ????

I teach online, and that's not strictly legal in Thailand. 

I do local community volunteer work, and strictly speaking, I need an NGO work permit for that, which I don't/can't have because I just teach in my local community.

Am I just moaning and will still be here next year?  Nope.  Notice given on my rented house, half my chattels already moved to Luang Prabang, Lao business visa, work permit and ID card already applied for, (no need for $ in the bank). I already held meetings with the Lao government chaps about my satellite design work/expertise which I'll be engaged in as part of my radio hobby.

I should be outta here by the middle of next month.

No-one in Thai authority will miss me at all.  But I suspect that when many other expats leave (as I predict that they will), perhaps the authorities will realise that you can only push people so far until you reach the tipping point.

Well, well, well. Simon's leaving. Who'd have guessed it?

Most people here actually as he tells us three times a day.

Look, for the disillusioned, by all means go. Your affair. Check out, Leave. Good luck. Bon Voyage.

But don't bore the buttocks off the rest of us who find that Thailand is frukn fantastic.

If you teach the same lesson to your online students every day, they'll stop listening too.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The officer in that graphic is smiling but us faralangs are certainly not. I don't even understand the third one. Can someone explain? So I plan to travel to a neighboring provide, I need to do what exactly?!?

It's quite straightforward ...

Within 48 hours of travelling out of your own province you must notify the authorities in each province (that is, the one where you reside and the one where you may visit - and, possibly, the provinces which you will have to pass through, if you are intending to break up your journey and spend some time as a tourist in those places) of your intention to have a short holiday away from your usual abode.

If travelling in your own recently purchased car (on a red plate that may take 3 months to get properly registered) you must enter the details of your proposed journey in the log book before you set out, and must arrive at your destination before nightfall (as red plates are not permitted to travel after dark - regardless of the driver's qualifications or experience).

Upon reaching your destination you must report to the nearest immigration office or police station within 24 hours. If you are staying at a hotel or guest house they will inform immigration of your arrival (easily done online) but, if you are staying with friends or family, they must travel to the nearest immigration office (could be a 4-6 hour round trip) to report that you stayed overnight.

If you are planning to visit a few friends and family they will each have to do the same (this will not make you a popular visitor).

Arriving home, just make sure you visit your local Immigration office within 24 hours and let them know you're back - if your local Immi is at Jomtien they will give you a puzzled look and tell you to go away "We're busy". (or, on another day or another Immi officer - get in the queue and pay your fine).

Don't forget, if your Extention of stay or 90-day report is due while you are away you can't do it in another province, so go home and repeat the process in reverse.

On the whole it's probably easier to just stay home - and don't let any foreigners visit you.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The officer in that graphic is smiling but us faralangs are certainly not.

These graphics are designed on the premise that big buggy eyes and infantile presentation are cute and loveable. Similar to Miss Pinky promise, Annabelle and Chucky, and luk thep dolls, this freakshow scares the bejesus out of foreigners. 

Okay... 

My wife and I (both Americans) came to Thailand in November 2017. 

We rented a house, she ended up getting a ED Visa for learning Thai Language.  I work outside of Thailand on a Rotation Schedule.

Questions... 

When I return...  technically,  the owner must report that I am there,  every time I return? Correct?

Now... a buddy, (old Kempo instructor) has came from the States twice now to Thailand....  spent some time in Bangkok,  then Phuket and Krabi diving, then back to Bangkok,   then up to visit us... every place he went does he need to report?  And does our House owner have to also report him staying with us?

In December,   he will cone back to Thailand,  spend time down South, then up to see us... we(or owner) must report him in house? (forgot to mention that he does not pay any rent to us while here)..  one thing he wants to do is ride on Golden Triangle.. (3-4 day ride)... do we both have to report every move we make each day along the trip and then again report again when we return?

I tell ya... if it us this much hassle, the owner of the house we pay 15,000 a month for, will prolly cease to rent to us and just sell the house.

So tell me...  am I reading this all correct or am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

These graphics are designed on the premise that big buggy eyes and infantile presentation are cute and loveable. Similar to Miss Pinky promise, Annabelle and Chucky, and luk thep dolls, this freakshow scares the bejesus out of foreigners. 

For me, what impressed me the most, is that it's for your own safety.

I almost had a tear in my eye.

Screenshot_20190721-022546_Samsung Internet.jpg

12 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

Okay...

As long as he does not interact with a local Immigration office, to seek an extension, he would not encounter any issues.

If he does, depending on the office, a TM30 may be required and a fine of 800-1600 baht might be imposed.

If he doesn't, there are no issues when exiting the country.

16 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

Okay... 

We rented a house, she ended up getting a ED Visa for learning Thai Language.  I work outside of Thailand on a Rotation Schedule.

Questions... 

When I return...  technically,  the owner must report that I am there,  every time I return? Correct?

Now... a buddy, (old Kempo instructor) has came from the States twice now to Thailand....  spent some time in Bangkok,  then Phuket and Krabi diving, then back to Bangkok,   then up to visit us... every place he went does he need to report?  And does our House owner have to also report him staying with us?

In December,   he will cone back to Thailand,  spend time down South, then up to see us... we(or owner) must report him in house? (forgot to mention that he does not pay any rent to us while here)..  one thing he wants to do is ride on Golden Triangle.. (3-4 day ride)... do we both have to report every move we make each day along the trip and then again report again when we return?

I tell ya... if it us this much hassle, the owner of the house we pay 15,000 a month for, will prolly cease to rent to us and just sell the house.

The hotels and guest houses your buddy is staying in would be reporting him. Technicallyt you (as the property possesor) or the owner should report your buddy when he stays with you, but if your buddy has no ongoing business with local immigration, they will not know he wasnt reported.

8 hours ago, Salerno said:

Just the once. But, if they're not going to have anything to do with immigration (e.g. get an extension), don't bother.

No it hasn't, unlikely to effect them at all.

You don't think there are plenty of young guys here working. Some are teaching, others are here with their companies, some have been brought in by the Thais themselves for government consulting at places like Thai universities. All of them would have non-B visas extended for employment. And every one of them will be effected by the TM 30. 

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

If you have a foreigner staying in your address it must be reported within 24 hours. 

If you are on a long stay visa make sure you report your whereabouts every 90 days.

Old rules nothing new with this.

People dont appear to realise, The only time you need a TM30 recipt (either in the system or in your pocket) is "WHEN" you present to immigration for something (90 day, extension, COR etc). Otherwise nobody is asking for a TM30 for a 2 day stay in Nakon Nowhere.

If you have no business visiting immigration in Nakon Nowhere, immigration in Nakon Nowhere wont have a clue you passed through, stayed a week or slept on a friends couch.

Why make it more complicated than it already is. You need a TM30 report for the office you will be visiting in the future, otherwise dont worry about it.

38 minutes ago, Xavnel said:

Okay... 

Questions... 

You are the possesor of the property so can report yourself. either in person or via the online system/app

Archived