Android Box? What do you recommend?

Joedobbs

Tried to research but everyone says a different thing. I think Im gonna try the MI BOX S -- Does anyone have any advice, tips or recommends a different box?

Thinking of buying on Lazada.

I already have an IPTV service however it has started buffering quite a bit on my firestick, so I am wanting to try a different box.

Strange thing is I have a different IPTV service that works quite well so I am thinking whether its them, which I don't think so because lots of other people use it fine. Or maybe my internet?? Do ISP throttle internet connections here?

Anyway, is the MI BOX S any good, should it improve my experience or should I go for a different box?

Thanks!

• Like 1

You need not buy a separate Android box, install Bluestacks on

your PC,its an Android emulator,like having 2 systems on your PC, 

works very well,and APK are easy to install,just Google the APK

you want,say Mobdro,go to their site ,download to Windows desktop

scan it, open Bluestacks and just drag Mobdro into it,and it installs

itself

I have found Bluestacks plays better than a separate Android box.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobwat said:

Don't think so Wor Geordie bluestacks is a bag of rags compared to android box

Well its just my opinion, I have an Andriod box a Tanix TX3Max,

and I dont think I will be using it now,much easier to load APK

on Bluestacks,and seem to work better,I only used the Android

box for streaming .

regards Worgeordie

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

According to a guy in pattaya who sells these boxes loaded already Mecool M8S is the best most versatile box for Thailand' conditions to have...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MECOOL-M8S-MAX-4K-HDR-UHD-Android-Smart-TV-Media-Box-VP9-2-4G-5G-WiFi-HEVC-H-265/143312673017?hash=item215e19d8f9:g:760AAOSw1fZdFyos

Understand the Mecool M8S PRO L is the newer model

14 hours ago, Joedobbs said:

I already have an IPTV service however it has started buffering quite a bit on my firestick, so I am wanting to try a different box.

Cannot you try it on another device you already have to see if buffer remains with the IPTV service? On my IPTV service I can run it on any Android device, smart phone, tablet. Also on any Windows PC using the equivalent Win64 app such as IPTV Smarters for Windows, VLC player, MyIPTV Player or Kodi for Windows

• 8 months later...

These Android boxes are pure $h!t and people saying that they are good really know nothing.

Android Mi Box S, no way to cast the computer screen on the TV screen with box and most videos, even played in Chrome browser, cannot be casted to box.

Why nobody is saying the truth about how stupid and ridiculous are these boxes compared to a computer with HDMI cable ?

On 3/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

These Android boxes are pure $h!t and people saying that they are good really know nothing.

Android Mi Box S, no way to cast the computer screen on the TV screen with box and most videos, even played in Chrome browser, cannot be casted to box.

Why nobody is saying the truth about how stupid and ridiculous are these boxes compared to a computer with HDMI cable ?

What are you talking about?  Maybe you do not know how to use/connect it.

The box connects directly to your internet/TV.

I think they are the greatest thing ever.  I have had mine for 5 years with a few updates for 300 b at a tech store.

Get everything for free.  HBO, Showtime, HBO go, all TV shows and recent movies, etc etc.

Cannot understand people paying 3BB, True, etc 2000 b a month for less then the box offers.

Very uninformed and crazy wasting time and money for these companies.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

What are you talking about?  Maybe you do not know how to use/connect it.

The box connects directly to your internet/TV.

I think they are the greatest thing ever.  I have had mine for 5 years with a few updates for 300 b at a tech store.

Get everything for free.  HBO, Showtime, HBO go, all TV shows and recent movies, etc etc.

Cannot understand people paying 3BB, True, etc 2000 b a month for less then the box offers.

Very crazy giving needless money to these companies.

might be great if it's the maximum technology that you can use.

So stupid that it's not even able to mirror you computer screen easily on the box. But you might not know, clearly.

• Haha 1

I used to connect my computer to the tv by hdmi. Didnt like it and also couldnt use the computer while it was used for the tv.

Got a kodi box that has tanix. Great to use and has it all. Downloaded exodus redux for movies and tv shows. Love it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

might be great if it's the maximum technology that you can use.

So stupid that it's not even able to mirror you computer screen easily on the box. But you might not know, clearly.

Sure it mirrors perfectly from your computer. In fact I loaded some of the essentials on my computer mirror it on the road tethering from my phone.  Sit in a taxi and watch movies. Do you have a Windows based system and HDMI cable?

Maybe take it into a shop and get a lesson as you must be doing something wrong.

PS: read Sujo second paragraph.

The answer to tv freedom!

Edited by bkk6060

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure it mirrors perfectly from your computer. Do you have a windows based aystem and HDMI cable?

Maybe take it into a shop and get a lesson as you must be doing something wrong.

Sorry to say but you're wasting your time