SURVEY: Marijuana – Hope for the sick or an excuse to get high?

Scott

SURVEY: Marijuana – Hope for the sick or an excuse to get high?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

A bunch of potheads mostly with fake reasons to get high.

Big mistake loaded high drivers just adding to the carnage here.

If you are someone who is for this do not complain when they crash into you or God forbid, a family member.

It is a big problem now in the US especially California high drivers getting into major accidents.

Very stupid to even think about allowing weed here.

Please note, you do not get "high" from CBD oil/tincture, which is what medical cannabis is.

Different THC levels.

What you are talking about is recreational cannabis use, two different things

1. Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. This is the psychoactive compound in marijuana — i.e. the element that produces the high.
  2. Cannabidiol, or CBD. This substance does not produce any psychoactive effects.

https://docmj.com/2017/06/05/difference-medical-recreational-marijuana/

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, shy coconut said:

So how do you get your stash, it doesn't seem practical to grow pot in 10 day

supply batches?

Of course the intent of such laws is disconnected from logic.

During the very early days of marijuana prohibition in America it was legal to sell pot as long as the proper government tax stamp was purchased. No such stamps were ever printed.. 555555 Gotcha!

I think this was one of Anslinger's first ploys before making it fully illegal.

I think people should be able to use ganga for any reason they want. Whether it is to get high, relieve their pain, or for any type of medication, it is all legitimate. The war on drugs was lost decades ago. I know people within the DEA who say the same thing. It is not a battle worth fighting, the costs are too high, and the lives that have been ruined over this battle are far too many. Give it up. Stop jailing peoples and extracting substantial bribes from people, for smoking ganga. That is just ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

What a stupid survey, you CANNOT get high on prescribed marijuana, the active ingredient has been removed that gives a high, anyone knows that!! Duh!!

There are medicines that are CBD based and those that are THC based. THC oil ingested WILL get you high.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is a big problem now in the US especially California high drivers getting into major accidents

People seem to be able to get into major accidents when they are straight as well.Or as Dave Allen said 20% of accidents are caused by drink driving.So the other 80% should get off the roads because drunk drivers have fewer accidents than straight drivers!   

1 hour ago, nickstav said:

There are medicines that are CBD based and those that are THC based. THC oil ingested WILL get you high.

And you think we will start to see people smoking joints or stoned walking down the road with a local Doctors certificate?

The foreigners that might teally benefit will be low on the list of approved prescribers in Thailand, if ever.  I believe it will be from Thai Statements limited in the main to certain cancer sufferers etc, anyway I wish them the best of luck...End of please.

3 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

And you think we will start to see people smoking joints or stoned walking down the road with a local Doctors certificate?

The foreigners that might teally benefit will be low on the list of approved prescribers in Thailand, if ever.  I believe it will be from Thai Statements limited in the main to certain cancer sufferers etc, anyway I wish them the best of luck...End of please.

I actually agree with you. I do not believe we will see people going around stoned (any more than we see now). Everything I've seen indicates CBD oil will be the primary medication, and that does not get you high. But in your initial post you just made a blanket statement that medical marijuana doesn't get you high and that is not true as there is medical marijuana (maybe not here in Thailand) that does get you high. I will go one step further, I don't think the medical marijuana tourism bit will be the cash cow the authorities think it will be.

I think everyone just wants to get high, including PM Prayuth. 

Plenty of painkillers around already if that's your thing.  I am drug free and only drink water and some beer.
Maybe if I get very sick in the future I will consider cannabis as an option, but I doubt it.  

17 hours ago, luk AJ said:

I thought it is not difficult to see the disastrous effects of alcohol and cigarettes but because this is legal also cannabis should be legalised? And if this happens what is next step XTC?
So besides the drunks, we should now also tolerate pot-heads? It won’t take long before new cannabis strains are developed which will be far more potent. In my opinion, a bad decision..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I haven't heard anybody lumping other substances in with cannabis when speaking of legalization. You're displaying a "Run Henny Penny" attitude with statements like that. 

You are clearly ignorant of cannabis and its effects on people, spouting off with Reefer Madness absurdity. By now, most people have advanced in their awareness and understanding of cannabis, knowing the effect of cannabis is NOTHING like that of alcohol. 

The plant has limitations with regard to potency, and super-high strains will not be developed -- only in the minds of the ignorant will they exist. Besides, people will use the amount and strength of strains that agree with them both medically and for recreational consumption.

There's still a bit of a battle against ignorance, and some mental dinosaurs will plug their ears, close their minds and continue to roam about, unaware that they're heading for extinction. 

32 minutes ago, balo said:

Plenty of painkillers around already if that's your thing.

Yes, and PLENTY of people who are hopelessly addicted to opiates because of Big Pharma's greed and doctors who are basically trained by the drug companies.

The great majority of these people weren't looking to get high, BTW. They only wanted some relief from chronic pain and were victims of a sick pill-pushing medical system. You boast of being drug free and only drinking water. Well, good for you, but please realize that not everyone is so fortunate to be with no health issues that may require help. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

I think everyone just wants to get high, including PM Prayuth. 

Plenty of painkillers around already if that's your thing.  I am drug free and only drink water and some beer.
Maybe if I get very sick in the future I will consider cannabis as an option, but I doubt it.  

Yes pain killers such as opiate based ones which have increased the rate of death by overdose in many communities across the globe, people who trade their opioid based pain relief for other substances, I hope you live a pain free life, and that if needed you can access CBD based medications 

13 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

My problem with Thailand, I have zero faith in the authorities and even less faith in the sincerety of the Police.

If today its legal, 1 hours time it's illegal. Then round up the patients and deport all foreigner users of the oil, legal or not.

Just no trust for the whole process here.

It's ironic that when the first wave of ganja smoking was mainstream in the west it was equally acceptable here. Early descriptions of places like Mosquito bar are replete with marijuana smoke.

The survey is problematic, when a, c and d are all obviously true and even b doesn't really negate the other choices. I went with "it's all about the money", since if they had any moral integrity on this issue they wouldn't have third world jails packed to the gills with small time drug offenders, and they wouldn't be criminalising the use of vapes, while at the same time allowing massive concessions to the local tobacco monopoly. 

It will never, ever be legalized here for recreational/adult use. It's too authortarian a culture for these sorts of things. And even if the Thai beverage oligarchs wanted to make a buck they'll just invest in the related U.S. industries. 

There may be some medical applicaitons approved here but those will be tightly controlled, so no dispensaires or self-medication.

Thankfully most of the Thai landrace (pure sativa) has been peserved, and bred in to some awesome strains.

I haven't heard anybody lumping other substances in with cannabis when speaking of legalization. You're displaying a "Run Henny Penny" attitude with statements like that. 

You are clearly ignorant of cannabis and its effects on people, spouting off with Reefer Madness absurdity. By now, most people have advanced in their awareness and understanding of cannabis, knowing the effect of cannabis is NOTHING like that of alcohol. 

The plant has limitations with regard to potency, and super-high strains will not be developed -- only in the minds of the ignorant will they exist. Besides, people will use the amount and strength of strains that agree with them both medically and for recreational consumption.

There's still a bit of a battle against ignorance, and some mental dinosaurs will plug their ears, close their minds and continue to roam about, unaware that they're heading for extinction. 

I understand you write this in your state of mind “in between”... what I wrote is my personal opinion as I am entitled to do so. I think it is a good thing people have different opinions and because mine don’t match yours doesn’t me me a dinosaur.
And actually “heading for extinction” is not such a bad thing knowing the pink elephants are coming.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, luk AJ said:

I thought it is not difficult to see the disastrous effects of alcohol and cigarettes but because this is legal also cannabis should be legalised? And if this happens what is next step XTC?
So besides the drunks, we should now also tolerate pot-heads? It won’t take long before new cannabis strains are developed which will be far more potent. In my opinion, a bad decision..

I prefer a laughing pot head anyday over a thinks he can whip the world Drunk

Marijuana DEFINITELY helps some ailments.

it was the only thing that gave my Dad any relief from severe chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis, but he was smoking it, not using CBD oil.

last time in USA, I told the guy in pot store, give me the best strain u have for pain.

He gave me a pre rolled joint for 20 dollars.....called.....Aliens on Moonshine.

3-4 hits would make you higher than Giraffe _________ But it did nothing for pain relief.

Going back August 1 to do more “research”

On 7/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, luk AJ said:

The real brainfart is drugs that have less side effects and cause little dependency are illegal, while alcohol can be bought freely. It just doesn't make sense, put the bar somewhere and allow anything under it. Yes likely includes ecstacy too. Maybe even heroin, if we're being honest and stuff the PC crap where the sun don't shine.

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

I would like to see another survey question Scott, with a simple yes or no to reply to: Do you think that medical marijuana tourism, that only includes CBD based medicines that don't get you high, will give a big boost to the tourist industry?

I don't

26 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

They are NOT selling Bud here......yet.

Only can get CBD oil......and oil does not get you high.

There is guy on this forum that says the oil his using to treat his back problems is getting him stoned,in fact he said he took a whole bottle in one go and was tripping. 

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The real brainfart is drugs that have less side effects and cause little dependency are illegal, while alcohol can be bought freely. It just doesn't make sense, put the bar somewhere and allow anything under it. Yes likely includes ecstacy too. Maybe even heroin, if we're being honest and stuff the PC crap where the sun don't shine.

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

It would be interesting to know how they defined "harm" for this survey.If a guy shoots somebody in a drug deal gone wrong or for late payments and the costs of incarceration and stuff like that.Just so one can put it into perspective. 

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It would be interesting to know how they defined "harm" for this survey.If a guy shoots somebody in a drug deal gone wrong or for late payments and the costs of incarceration and stuff like that.Just so one can put it into perspective. 

Sorry forgot to put in the source: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)61462-6/fulltext

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285843262_Drug_harms_in_the_UK_A_multi-criterion_decision_analysis

harms.jpg

Archived