BANGKOK
rooster59

U.S. assistant secretary of state meets with secretary to Thai premier

That's the best he could do? A meeting with the prime minister's secretary? I would say he has been dissed. 

• Like 2

Let me guess, more MoU's and MoC's. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

That's the best he could do? A meeting with the prime minister's secretary? I would say he has been dissed. 

Didn't want to be seen mixing with criminal types, bad for the reputation.

5 hours ago, zydeco said:

With there being three Deputy Prime Ministers, he was dismissed at being relevant.

• Like 1

It's like David (TH) & Goliath (USA) just a bit of diplomatic pep talk.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

With there being three Deputy Prime Ministers, he was dismissed at being relevant.

Especially as Prayut actually took time to meet with a Chinese provincial governor a few days ago.

Why is Stilwell even meeting with this crook all of who were well paid for their post election vote.

Washington must be really broken if it thinks Thailand has returned to democracy.

The world seems to be run by gangsters and religious gnomes.

We're all f##ked.

• Haha 1

Embarrassment all around

54 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The US visitor was an Assitant Secretary of State and thus would not meet with a Prime Minister

But the governor of a Chinese province would? Does that mean that the Chinese governor and the Thai prime minister are of an equal level? One governor of a Chinese province meeting with another?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

No Embarrassmernt at all- The US visitor was an Assitant Secretary of State and thus would not meet with a Prime Minister-  The Secretary in Thailand he met with is a high position equivalent to the Us visitor-  The subject was to make plans for the arrival of the Secretary of State- Mike Pompeo who will be in Bangkok to discuss isues with the Thai Prime Minister and other  ranking Thai cabinet Members.

With the problems with Iran and the Chinese build up in Cambodia-Thailand is a key piece of the US Strategic plan-  America needs Thai military bases.

"With the problems with Iran and the Chinese build up in Cambodia-Thailand is a key piece of the US Strategic plan-  America needs Thai military bases," you might be wrong... I believe the US would side more with Viet Nam, who dislikes China.

• Like 1

I just hope that Thailand do not get into USA BS...giving away land for another US Army base.