Army chief calls on all parties to help build good future for country

rooster59

Army chief calls on all parties to help build good future for country

tewit kemtong

266f91974ee08b50c2c0b8562b2fa86f.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 July 2019 (NNT) - Army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong assured that the military have returned to normal and will follow the government policy. The army chief said the now-defunct National Council for Peace and Order’s regime will not be prolonged. He called on the people to not get stuck in the past and to help build a good future for the country.

Following the ceremony for the First Army Brigade’s 31st anniversary, Gen Apirat responded to news reports about government policy debate which had been disseminated and caused misunderstanding to the extent that Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha might be grilled in parliament. The army chief said he had not said anything about that and he believed most members of the media and people understood correctly. He advised all parties to not get stuck in the past and assured that the NCPO regime no longer existed.

He said the army has returned to normal and is obliged to follow the government policy and called on all parties to join hands to build a good future for the country. The army is learning lessons about security matters which occurred in the past and are occurring at present. The army chief said the new cabinet lineup will not affect the the ongoing operations to solve problems in the three southern border provinces.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-07-21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The army is learning lessons about security matters which occurred in the past and are occurring at present.

that is

- following closely opposition parties and any political and social movement against the status quo, billionaires and monarchy. Is still visiting people for "friendly chats", making lists of activists to detain them, when needed.

- training in crowd control, including use of retractable buttons, as in the case of Ja New a few days ago

- killing members of the republican movement, the last 3 victims being deported from vietnam to thailand in may, disappeared without trace 

https://prachatai.com/english/node/8142

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

He said the army has returned to normal

Now there's a worry. In most countries overthrow of elected governments and internal security are far from normal for a military but this is Thailand where army normal is rather frightening. Can anyone remember any other country that recently had a change of govt where the army leader made such a statement?

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He advised all parties to not get stuck in the past and assured that the NCPO regime no longer existed.

He advised the "democratically elected government" to do as he says?Because the NCPO will have a new name and be under his control?

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

to help build good future for country

This from an army chief!  He is reiterating the hierarchical process: first the rich; next the army (often confused with the first); thirdly the police - a separate branch of the previous; politicians come fourth as mouthpieces for the three layers above them; finally the Thai voters who come nowhere.

I'm intrigued by this new habit of wearing ones ID card in a plastic pouch attached to one's shirt.

Jolly useful in case one forgets who one is I imagine, although in his case I would have thought that there would be lots of loyal and diligent staff officer fellows around to remind him.

He should be careful not to put it through the wash still attached to the shirt, though - it doesn't do the card any good, and it melts if you subsequently put the shirt through a steam press.

A trivial perhaps silly comment I know, but then any other would be entirely superfluous. We all know what is coming, lets just get it over with, and please, don't try to beat Daddies score of dead civvies...

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The photo reminds me Christmas is coming where did I put that tree????

Would you prefer this photo of Gen Angry Ant Aspirat?

He is just waiting to follow in daddy's footsteps (Coup 1991 Sunthorn Kongsompong). He has to chase the family tradition otherwise he will lose face.

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

7 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Would you prefer this photo of Gen Angry Ant Aspirat?

He is just waiting to follow in daddy's footsteps (Coup 1991 Sunthorn Kongsompong). He has to chase the family tradition otherwise he will lose face.

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

Mistletoe times???? 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The army is learning lessons about security matters which occurred in the past and are occurring at present. The army chief said the new cabinet lineup will not affect the the ongoing operations to solve problems in the three southern border provinces

What's he hinting ay here?Security matters which occurred in the past and ARE OCCURRING AT PRESENT.Is that his cue (to use a theatrical term)?Also the current "cabinet"will not tell us what to do in regards to "solving" current problems in the south are just stating the army is "obliged" to follow government policy.

This is a thinly veiled threat to Chan o Chah by a former subordinate to get your shit together or else you head is on the chopping block!Even before revealing his policy statement the sharks are circling. 

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The photo reminds me Christmas is coming where did I put that tree????

I know exactly what you mean; I refer to the pretty blue plastic picture 'thingy' he has pinned on his chest - you know, the cheap kind of thing that children buy in the shops.

Archived