Thailand puts strict anti-Ebola measures in place

rooster59

Thailand puts strict anti-Ebola measures in place

Tanakorn Sangiam

bba8c299e6e289407ad19123e9a8a4ad.jpg

BANGKOK, 20 July 2019 (NNT) - Thailand’s Department of Disease Control has confirmed there is currently no case of Ebola virus infection in Thailand, while related agencies have been monitoring for any potential outbreak after the declaration of Ebola as a global health emergency by the World Health Organization.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has made an announcement declaring Ebola virus a global health emergency after an outbreak in the Congo that has been difficult to contain, with new outbreaks found in other areas.

In the wake of this situation, the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, has enforced disease prevention and control measures, confirming there is currently no case of Ebola virus infection in Thailand.

The disease control measures will be focusing on case monitoring among international tourists and Thai people who have traveled from areas with known infections, the preparation of laboratory tests in cooperation with the United States, and treatment measures for suspected patients, which will follow the same protocol for patients with dangerous and contagious diseases such as bird flu and SARS, which hospitals nationwide are well prepared to handle.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-07-21

But no worries anyway as I have every confidence that Thailand, being the "Hub of medical cures" will soon come up with an answer if Ebola ever did reach these shores. Quite how their "disease prevention measures", a good solid preventative system, will actually address prevention by the many thousands of regular illegal, unrecorded immigrants from Myanamar, Laos and Cambodia is not addressed however.

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

And just where are they going to put this "Stop Ebola" sign - at immigration, to deny it permission to enter the country?

Think that's for the taxi guy to hold up after customs????

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In the wake of this situation, the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, has enforced disease prevention and control measures, confirming there is currently no case of Ebola virus infection in Thailand.

????

flash.jpg

So let me get my mind round this statement, quote: "There is currently no case of Ebola virus infection in Thailand".

I would like to know how this information collected. How do they know? Have there been systematic checks at the airports and entry ports, Immigration controls throughout the country over the past two weeks? How was this check carried out and by whom? What criteria was used in the assessment of this statement? How many illegals have entered Thailand across all porous borders and do they really know who those illegals are? How were they checked? What method was used? Where were the 'checks' analysed and confirmed? Have all hospitals been informed of the WHO statement regarding Ebola and what measures have been introduced at all medical facilities throughout Thailand?

These are a few of the questions that people have and need answers to - not to mention any others that are bubbling away on the tips of the populations tongues, and hopefully the bubbles aren't Ebola!

Finally, I would like to know just where exactly, is the medical cure that was spectacularly reported about 5 years ago during the last epidemic. Am I not right in recalling that Thailand had resolved this problem and found the antidote? If so, where is it? Has it been stockpiled for events such as now? Does the world know Thailand has the cure? Has Thailand actually told the world that has the cure? 

Questions, questions, questions! Perhaps we all 'tink tu much ...…………………..!

Maybe start with Homes with raw sewage flowing down their land and onto streets... Here we have next door two houses on one block and they let the septic overflow down a drain along our fence...absolutely putrid and unhealthy for a New Born Baby here at the moment....But as usual, nothing will be done, even though we asked months ago to get something done from the Local Village Representative ...Thailand is slipping back to the Third World Country it was 20yrs ago....Sad hey?

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I thought English teachers and footballers were immune to Ebola ?

Seems many in here think that Ebola  is simply a joke and something to like fun with. Being among the most deadly and fatal pathogens and it’s possibility of coming to Thailand really is no joke. I had friends and people that I knew die from Ebola in the last of its attack’s in west Africa. There is no cure and it changes and adapts itself with every outbreak. So, instead of trying to make it comical let’s all hope that it doesn’t show up here, otherwise the jokes on us with many 1’000’s being killed and dying from this horrible plague.

Archived