Low profile tyre pressure ?

Just bought this cheap little runaround and never had a car with aftermarket tyres n rims before !! 

What would be the correct pressure to load them with ? 

Guess the spec plate inside the drivers door refers to the original tyres..

Driving it back from Phuket to Surat in a minute, so will just stick 32psi until someone here can steer me in the right direction ????

IMG_20190720_180026.jpg

IMG_20190721_064702.jpg

I had the same prob, door sticker numbers made the ride awful, so after experimenting I ended up with 32F and 30R..

Different model Vigo's had tyre pressures from 29 to I think 45psi depending on the tyre type, so I feel OK with my application..

1 hour ago, transam said:

I had the same prob, door sticker numbers made the ride awful, so after experimenting I ended up with 32F and 30R..

Different model Vigo's had tyre pressures from 29 to I think 45psi depending on the tyre type, so I feel OK with my application..

Cheers Trans..

I just put 32 in all round this morning and it's feeling ok.. Sticks to the road pretty well.. Like you said of your little Suzuki, it's a throw back to the 1275GT days ????

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

.Next question then...

Easiest way to clean yellowed headlight lens with condensation inside.. ? 

Or better just to replace !!

IMG_20190721_090932.jpg

There are several ways to clean the lenses, You Tube shows lots. But if you have got condensation on the inside suggest their buggered better to get new ones. But they aren't going to be cheap.

Might have had a small bump on the front end that has caused the problem. The join between the wing and bumper shows it doesn't line up.

4 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

There are several ways to clean the lenses, You Tube shows lots. But if you have got condensation on the inside suggest their buggered better to get new ones. But they aren't going to be cheap.

Might have had a small bump on the front end that has caused the problem. The join between the wing and bumper shows it doesn't line up.

7500 baht on Lazada but might see if there's a breakers yard in town, might get lucky ????

13 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

7500 baht on Lazada but might see if there's a breakers yard in town, might get lucky ????

If that's all they are 7500 go for it. Might be copy but they should be fine. You'll take days to get the lens cleared, and they will still have water on the inside.

Might be a good idea to have a look at fitting LED bulbs while you at it, 100% better than the standard set up.

22 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Blimey, that's near 200 quid....Has the lens got a hole in it...? Has the light assembly got clips holding the two halves together..?

39 minutes ago, transam said:

Blimey, that's near 200 quid....Has the lens got a hole in it...? Has the light assembly got clips holding the two halves together..?

Haven't looked yet, just got home...

15km per litre ????

Only cost me 120k, so don't mind spending a little bit to tart it up.. Roof and bonnet need a polish up as well..

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Haven't looked yet, just got home...

15km per litre ????

Only cost me 120k, so don't mind spending a little bit to tart it up.. Roof and bonnet need a polish up as well..

Then you will have to do the pair as the other will look odd....

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Then you will have to do the pair as the other will look odd....

They are both the same, so will defo be doing both... Pretty happy with it overall but will drop it into the garage next door tomorrow and get them to double check the steering and brakes, plus it might need new wheel bearings...

32 should be good for these tires, front and rear. 

Regarding the water in the lights. :Possible causes are defective ventilation rubbers that no longer keep the spray and rainwater out. Often worth a look at the ventilation slots, for example, leaves or dirt clogging them.

Check the cover glass. If cracks or glass fissures are visible, replace the glass.

Important is to get all ball joints of your steering checked, of course rear and front brakes and eventually tire rotation.

Should your car not drive 100 % straight. get wheel alignment done. And of course an oil with filter change.  

Should you not need wheel bearings replacement, at least they'll need some grease. 

11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

someone here can steer me in the right direction

28psi all round I found best in 1500 Yaris for Thailand roads, low profile tyres do not give a comfort ride without a good suspension set up e.g. Jaguar, Bentley. RR. 

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

IMG_20190722_130354.jpg

Disconnect the bulb assembly, park the car facing the sun so the water can/may evapourate out of the bulb hole. If poss point a hair dryer a couple of inches from the hole...

21 hours ago, transam said:

Disconnect the bulb assembly, park the car facing the sun so the water can/may evapourate out of the bulb hole. If poss point a hair dryer a couple of inches from the hole...

Yes, the seal has gone. Maybe some carefully applied silicon will work once its dried out. I replaced the headlights on my civic - about 4000 baht. I did clean the headlights too, but it takes of the clear coating. They will go yellow, eventually. 

Archived