Britain calls ship seizure 'hostile act' as Iran releases video of capture

rooster59

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It was the USA that played the UK into this spat with Iran  , by requesting that the UK seize Irans tanker in Gibraltar .

USA/Israel/Saudi are all hostile towards  Iran and all would like a regime change .

This incident could be part of the plan to wage war against Iran and get the regime change .

Or maybe it isnt , who knows ?

Watch Iran go the same way that Iraq went 

There were allegations the USA requested this, I don't think anything conclusive such as you imply. Same issue of making "facts" out of less concrete material. Countries being hostile, or wishing a different regime doesn't equate with instigating a war. Again, making up stuff without much basis.

You're basically repeating the same nonsense - that "it's possible", without supporting it with anything much, or even addressing that the rather obvious points mentioned in other posts.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A post containing content which was copy and pasted from another site has been removed as being in violation of fair use policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

And:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

A troll post containing a trolling representation of Trump's name has been removed. 

An off topic deflection post has now been removed. 

21 hours ago, jany123 said:

Oh la la... it’s turned into a muppet show then, has it?

iran and Syria are not EU countries, so are not constrained by EU rulings. The destination of the Grace was/ is undisclosed, but its business was interfered with by a proxy organization (UK) acting on the instructions of the US.... because of suspicions.

if Released, it can offload at sea, in international waters, as it has that ability, due to the fact that it’s too big to enter a lot of ports. It doesn’t have to go to Baniyas, it just needs to sell its oil, to buy medical aid for Iranians, which the access of evil is hindering.

>"iran and Syria are not EU countries, so are not constrained by EU rulings."

You obviously don't know how sanctions and blockades work..   Syria and Iran do not have to be members of the E.U. in order for the E.U. to apply sanctions against them or to blockade Syria if they choose to do so.

Don't forget the blockade and sanctions against Cuba in the early 1960's or the blockade and sanctions against North Korea. 

A lot of leftists and Islamists want to have "B.D.S." Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Israel...  But I guess in that case it's perfectly okay.... right ?    55555555 ???? 

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Depends on what the circumstances were. Falklands was an attack on British territory and involved conventional warfare. Very cut and dried.

If an Iran war happens it will be because Trump launched economic warfare on Iran. And unlike Maggie, he made it a big point and keeps on making it a big point to disengage from the mideast. He also boasts that unlike his 3 predecessors he hasn't started a way anywhere. Americans are still traumatized by the Iraq war. If war breaks out, Trump will be blamed.

There was an attack on sovereign British Territory (British Flagged Ship) and an act of piracy on video.  Clear cut reasons for force to rescue the British territory (ship).  

On 7/21/2019 at 7:02 PM, jany123 said:

iran and Syria are not EU countries, so are not constrained by EU rulings.

What part of a Panamanian registered, Iranian owned ship transiting through EU waters to deliver oil to Syria are you having difficulty with?

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

What's ironic is that you would believe war is anyone's favorite regardless of country, except maybe some of the crazies in the middle east.

How exactly do you construe that's what I said? 

I'm referring to the particulars of this situation. 

The day that Iranians are rappeling their way up the White Cliffs of Dover I'll be all in favor of the UK waging war. And likely some situations in between. Just not this one.

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

How exactly do you construe that's what I said? 

I'm referring to the particulars of this situation. 

The day that Iranians are rappeling their way up the White Cliffs of Dover I'll be all in favor of the UK waging war. And likely some situations in between. Just not this one.

Wires are getting crossed here, deep breath, whoosh  there you go. I'll send a beer over to your table, ahhh, now isn't that better.

Archived