BANGKOK
rooster59

Man who was jailed in Thailand for stealing a dressing gown returns to Australia - gets arrested

I had to look up dressing gown.

Then I had to look up dishabille.

Posted (edited)

I hope the embassy has the good sense and reject any visa app the clown lodges.

Good chance the kid isn't even his.

If they get to Australia the first thing they'll do is apply for child support,family allowance,subsidised public transport,free health care for mummy etc

Australia is not Canada. I would extend the excellent 120 point system as well for Thai & Filipino wives . You don't pass the test you don't get in.

Edited by Lucius verus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

But, “Villa says he has already served 80 hours.“ Yeah, and then you fled to Thailand, clown!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

They tend to be very harsh on crimes against property in Thailand, theft etc.

Harsh!? They're just not as stupid & liberal as they are in the West!

"Under the Criminal Code of Thailand, whoever dishonestly takes away any thing that belongs to another person shall be imprisoned for three years and shall pay a fine of 6,000 Baht". 

The most serious cases involve two or more perps. Two men steal property from a home or attack a woman that's a conspiracy subject to huge prison terms.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucius verus said:

The most serious cases involve two or more perps. Two men steal property from a home or attack a woman that's a conspiracy subject to huge prison terms.

I'm forever seeing cases in the UK where people are given ludicrously lenient sentences. There's a proposal to abolish sentences less than 6 months altogether.

Then again, Thailand has about the same population as the UK, but has triple the prison population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

"Under the Criminal Code of Thailand, whoever dishonestly takes away any thing that belongs to another person shall be imprisoned for three years and shall pay a fine of 6,000 Baht". 

True and don't forget the extra kick in the pants they'll give you if the crime is after dark......

{Section 335. Certain Types of Theft

Whoever commits theft under any of the following circumstances:
  1. By night;

Shall be punished with imprisonment of one to five years and fined of two thousand to ten thousand Baht.    }