iPad on its way out ?

Andrew Dwyer

I have had this iPad for a few years now ( iPad Air 2) but today it’s showing a problem with the screen colours.

Basically all my photos are dark and out of focus, the toolbar colour is now a real dark blue and on the home screen I can see a ghost image of previous apps I had open.

Done the hard reset with no joy.

Here’s a photo I took with my phone.

IMG_2241.JPG

Any thoughts ??

TIA

Andy

3 minutes ago, camble said:

Display problems are common.  I now have an inch long discoloration at the left edge of my iPad Pro.  I can only hope it doesn't get worse.

You make a simple statement.       Do you have any references other than you one personal experience?

For sure Apple has had its share of issues with its products but in my opinion it stands behind what it sells.

Display problems are common.  I now have an inch long discoloration at the left edge of my iPad Pro.  I can only hope it doesn't get worse.

Yup, that’s what I’m hoping for too !!

I transfer all my iPhone photos onto it and have photos going back a lot of years from cameras also, all put into folders with place names and dates etc. If I lost those I would be devastated.

Time to transfer them over to a hard drive me thinks .

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I transfer all my iPhone photos onto it and have photos going back a lot of years from cameras also, all put into folders with place names and dates etc. If I lost those I would be devastated.

The time to do that was years ago. All these devices will fail at some point: it is just a question of when. You need at least two full backups for important data, one of which can be on the cloud. Phones and tablets have automatic settings for this to happen either to OneDrive or GoogleDrive or Apple's iCloud.

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, that’s what I’m hoping for too !!

I too had photos from many many years ago, a lot of them of nothing really and which no-one else would be interested in. I decided to delete any I had not looked at in the last two years and now I have much more SDD space!

My mini ipad is now 5 years old.  It has its touch screen problems  and will not download the latest updates, Everything has been backed up, but to be honest, I want to wean myself off all Apple products, including my iPhone .  They are now much more expensive and the android models are now much more advanced. I think Apple may well have priced themselves into a corner.  

Archived