Henley blocks

bluesmon

Not something I've seen here, brought mine from the UK.

For those who don't know, this is a Henley Block, this one is 2-pole 100A but you can get single pole ones too.

double-pole-100a-henley-block_1509_1_lar

Moving to Electrical.

5 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Is it a bus?

Sort of. It's intended to split nice big wires to multiple points, used in the UK to split the meter tails to branch to extra consumer units.

The one in the photo takes 5 x 35mm2 wires in each pole and is good for 100A.

To give an idea of size, the ones I have are about 65mm x 55mm x 40mm.

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's worth emailing TLC Electrical [email protected] they don't actually mention Thailand in their list of countries but a quick mail won't hurt.

I tried buying some stuff from TLC years ago.  I made the order and filled out all of the paperwork and charged it to my AX card, Thai issued.  They came back and said that they wouldn't accept the credit card for the first order from a foreign customer, only a bank transfer.  The transfer at Krug Thai Bank would nave cost me 1200 baht so I went elsewhere.  They still keep sending me emails with current "deals" though.

7 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Just for my understanding, what is the benefit of the Henley Blocks over something like an insulated multi-port tap (other than cost, I guess).

Henley blocks are designed to be fastened to a baseboard to give some strain relief. Same result as the tap in the end.

20171027_171041.thumb.jpg.11022b4b688f7e

Can you get those taps in Thailand in the sizes we are interested in (35mm2 100A)?

I have seen some PEA installs looking like they are using them here, and think I saw them in a supply house a few years back, but haven’t been looking out for them. Down to 25mm2 should be available for sure, although my main need was usually larger wire before.

• 2 months later...

Archived