Grandmother demands police action in hit-and-run case

Rimmer

Grandmother demands police action in hit-and-run case

n2J-19-02-Car-hits-grandma-and-a-girl.jp

PATTAYA:--A Najomtien woman who was injured with a toddler in a July 9 hit and run complained police have done nothing to solve the case, despite having photos of the offending vehicle.

Wadsana Areelon, 55, took her 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter to the Najomtien Police Station July 19 to demand action so she can recover compensation for medical care and repairs to her motorbike.

She said she had just picked up Nong Satang at Euarthorn village on Sukhumvit Road 10 days earlier when their motorbike was clipped by a luxury sedan. She crashed and both grandmother and toddler were injured.

The car sped off, but was followed by a witness, who caught up with the car, but was cursed by the driver. The Good Samaritan took photos of the car and license plate and Wadsana went to police.

But in the past 10 days nothing has happened and she wanted to know why.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-21—

11 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope police wake up at start protect and serve the people and not only the rich ones 

The RTP serve the Elite and others, not the poor.  Extortion, Criminality etc within their ranks is a government sanctioned operation so whilst the snakes survive, nothing will change.

police is for hire here ... ex-wife showed up last weekend with a rent-a-cop to force me under treat of expulsion of my 73 year old mother visiting, out of the house where I "live" if my child did not go forcefully spend some hours with her... so fed up with this 3rd world banana republic

The son of my former driver, who worked as a motor cycle messenger, was killed on his bike and, just as in this story, someone got the killer’s license plate but the police initially said they couldn’t find the car or driver. Eventually the police told him straight that the owner had given them a case of beer not to find him. So he offered two cases and they found him again. The owner was brought in and came up with the standard excuse that he had lent the car to a man he knew only as “Noi” who had returned to an unknown province permanently after returning the car. Eventually the mendacious owner/driver was forced to pay B80,000 for the life he took with a pre-agreed cut for the police. I gave my driver several half days off for repeated visits to the police station where he was stonewalled the first few times and also gave him the beer money.

Thailand has the finest police money can buy.

Had a case where the police did not follow up an inch. Went back to the police station and started taking photos of the two officers I lodged the first complaint with. 

Greased lightning, I clue ya! They have no clue what I would do with the photos (and neither did I but the trick worked) ???? 

1 minute ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Putting a 2 1/2 year old on a scooter and driving out on Thai roads. 

The kid should be taken off her and put in care. 

it happens a lot here....JUST who is going to stop it???

The other day I saw a Thai guy driving motorbike with a very small kid between himself  and the handlebars trying to make a phone call on HIS mobile...

Now that is what i call being in control of a vehicle !!!!

1 hour ago, justin case said:

so fed up with this 3rd world banana republic

Just in case you didn't know, here is the correct description of Thailand's government according to Wikipedia. No mention of 3rd world or bananas.

Government: Constitutional monarchy, Parliamentary system, Unitary state, Military dictatorship, Military junta

2 hours ago, justin case said:

police is for hire here ... ex-wife showed up last weekend with a rent-a-cop to force me under treat of expulsion of my 73 year old mother visiting, out of the house where I "live" if my child did not go forcefully spend some hours with her... so fed up with this 3rd world banana republic

A friend of mine had his house broken into, despite it being in a gated community. They found the keys to his SUV inside so stole that too. The same day, the 'security guard' disappeared. The police refused to investigate unless he paid them 100,000 baht. He had enough of this third world banana republic too, and went back to live in Australia.

And if this driver was a farang, I'd expect to see him in jail quick smart, heavy fine and then possible deportation.. But a Thai driver, why would the RTP even bother without some tea money offered as an incentive to doing their job?? Absolutely disgusting IMO.. 

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

The case will move forward as soon as it hits Facebook; only only the threat of this and/or bribes will stir Pattaya police into action.

Actually, Thai social media does "grease the skids" and tends to get things rolling that would otherwise be left to languish.

11 hours ago, james.d said:

Remove the R from their *title*.  Nothing more than mafia. I have read several posts on other threads claiming this would stop if they were paid more. Absolute rubbish.

Not on it's own. I believe this is how it was improved upon in Hong Kong. Namely the salaries were doubled, but any found on the take were immediately removed shamefully. Too much cronyism here for that still,  

Archived