Dongtan Beach gets speed bumps

Rimmer

Dongtan Beach gets speed bumps

n4-J-19-01-Dongtan-beach.jpg

Pattaya installed speed bumps and painted traffic lines in Dongtan Beach to enhance safety.

PATTAYA:--Pattaya installed speed bumps and painted traffic lines in Dongtan Beach to enhance safety.

The action came after complaints about speeding drivers in the so-called Dongtan “free zone”. While vehicles are prohibited from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., cars have been speeding through the area in the evenings creating hazards for beachgoers and joggers.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-07-21—

Where i live we have many speed bumps but they are plain black....

New drivers don't know that and they are very hard to spot. So many times i've seen them jumping on the bumps, especially taxi's are fun to watch when the passengers hit the roof when they go full speed over the bump.

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

Speed bumps...

I thought it would be cheaper just to instal low hanging hammocks for the use of the local constabulary.

These bumps are known as 'sleeping policemen' in UK.   There is a police station at the start of this road where 'real' (term used loosely) policemen sleep in air conditioned comfort.  They asked 10,000 to take up a case of car theft.  Wouldn't it have been cheaper to ask one of these parasites to do a patrol occasionally?

17 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

This not slowing motorbike down 

Jomtien is a living hell with high speed bike's and Thai peoples music from cars 

Garbish every where because government take big bins away and police just sit looking mobile 

There is little actual policing going on. 

Thailand try to keep up with the West, 30 years too late. Just dont try to use the zebra crossing without looking in both directions 10 times or you will end up in a hospital bed if youre lucky.

Archived