BANGKOK
canaydn

Illegal short term condo guests

All you can do is pressure your Committee to take a firm stand. Surely most residents there don't want AirBnB guests. I would send a letter to Immigration as well complaining they are breaking the law not registering etc.

• Like 1

If the govt. really wanted to stop abnb, they could just outlaw it. Just like China does with FB, google, etc etc. Now what to do with the chinese renting sites may be another issue entirely. Good luck with that one.

Some condos in Bangkok are already resorting to fingerprint readers instead of keycards, limited change of fingers per month. 

If there's enough active co owners, it can be done, but if the majority enjoys the money from airbnb, it's a losing battle 

On 7/21/2019 at 12:31 PM, canaydn said:

I'm a condo owner of a large complex in the Pratumnak area

How can you be the condo owner of a large complex.  I have never seen an entire complex legal title structured as a condo?  That would also make you 100% owner of the complex?  Sounds like you are a tycoon.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, grifbel said:
  On 7/21/2019 at 12:31 AM, canaydn said:

I'm a condo owner of a large complex in the Pratumnak area

How can you be the condo owner of a large complex. 

He undoubtedly meant to say "at" a large complex, owns one condo in a large complex.

I also own a condo that has many short term rentals mostly chinese, and have been told by representative of the corporation that built the complex that Thai owners are not told about the 1 month minimum.  Thai owners are making money by renting out their condos and it is perfectly OK with them it seems?!? 

Again - this is thailand, one rule for foreigners another rule for Thai