Can I file TM.30 without "house master" present?

On my 6th year with a Non-Imm. M visa and I last re-entered Thailand from abroad 3 months ago. I live w/ my Thai girlfriend in Bangkok. Her name is on the condo lease, not mine, so I gather that she is the one responsible for filing the TM.30 rather the landlord, even though he knows I live here. 

Tomorrow I'm hitting Immigration at the Chamchuri Tower center to do my 90-day report. Can I also file the TM.30 if my girlfriend fills it out and signs it, but does not accompany me? (She won't be available during immigration hours all week if not longer, and I can't wait on the 90-day report.) If so, will there be a fine since we're filing TM.30 three months after I last entered the country? It will be my first-ever TM.30. Thanks. 

Not sure that the one stop center at Chamchuri the sameway other offices are.

You could have her complete a TM30 form and attach a copy of the rental agreement with copies of the owners hourst book registry and ID card attached. Also her ID card.

Okay thanks. I didn't realize we also need to track down the condo owner. Not easy as he ives in a different province. Seen the guy once in 5 years.

I have to say, as an expat who has always played by the rules, always been polite and respectful and spent 10+ years promoting tourism and contributing in a fairly significant way to the economy, I'm seriously considering leaving for the first time ever. My professional role includes a lot of coming and going, making the TM.30 especially difficult to manage.

I'm never one to sensationalise reality, but I reckon I'm proof that "keeping the good guys in and bad guys out" might have been BS. It's starting to feel like they want all of us out, except maybe the richest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have explained many times that the condo owner is not givng the information or that they are not reachable. The only thing needed has been my passport and the document filled in and signed by myself. Can of course vary from office to office and officer to officer as always, but normally not harder than that.

• Like 1

I have explained many times that the condo owner is not givng the information or that they are not reachable. The only thing needed has been my passport and the document filled in and signed by myself. Can of course vary from office to office and officer to officer as always, but normally not harder than that.

A friend of mine did the same as you at CW. His landlord is a foreigner living in Hong Kong and ignored emails regarding TM30. Friend went to CW with passport and contract and successfully submitted the TM30 himself. Like me he wasn’t fined for reporting late but we had both previously stayed in hotels since arrival that had submitted TM30s. Another friend had never submitted a TM30 and had not stayed in a hotel since arriving but was fined 800 baht. That was the only pattern I could work out unless it’s random fining at the discretion of the officer in charge on the day and thus futile to try and work out a pattern.

Now if it was simply a money generating exercise as some posters have suggested, then all three of us would have been fined as I (my wife) pointed out that I did not submit an updated TM30 within 24 hours of arriving back in my Bangkok home. No fine was the reply. Personally I think it’s more to do with some landlords dodging their tax responsibility.

• Like 1

you'll probably also need a letter from your girlfriend stating that you do indeed live at that address.

i'm not an expert of course, but wonder if the owners id and book is required?  your girlfriend has a rental contract, so she is the possessor.

Edited by ChouDoufu