Is a TM 30 still a requirement if you have a retirement visa

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Open to interpretation. Once you've notified them, upon entry, of your abode it's job done. But if that doesn't come to materialize then, your landlord, has 24 hours to notify immigration of your new abode. My interpretation. 

A TM28 change of address form is for section 37. 

The title of the TM30 form states what it is used for and it matches what section 38 states.

image.png.7b3c6fd1cb0939c4e1bccfec12934b65.png

Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence

I see that as being the reason as to why a TM30 has to be raised. You've already notified them of the address you intend to stay at  when you entered Thailand. Why notify them twice within 24 hours??? At no time in the link I published are TM30 or any other forms mentioned. Open to interpretation.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

image.png.7b3c6fd1cb0939c4e1bccfec12934b65.png

Should that not be "IS STAYING"? Open to interpretation. All in Immigrations favour.

43 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I see that as being the reason as to why a TM30 has to be raised. You've already notified them of the address you intend to stay at  when you entered Thailand. Why notify them twice within 24 hours??? At no time in the link I published are TM30 or any other forms mentioned. Open to interpretation.

Should that not be "IS STAYING"? Open to interpretation. All in Immigrations favour.

TM6 at the airport is you saying where you intend to stay, TM30,"after arrival" is the person in charge of the property reporting an alien stayed there. In certain circumstances the person in charge of the property may also be the alien but most of the time its not the alien, its a 3rd party. 

Its not open interpretation.

On 7/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, jackdd said:

But they can't legally fine you, so you could just refuse to pay. Problem is that they might then refuse to process your extension or whatever you wanted from them.

two interesting aspects...