Meditation Clothes in BKK?

OliverKlozerof

When I was in CM last year I found these extremely simple pants that are perfect for meditating in temples. Anyone know where to find same in BKK, and maybe matching top? Thx.

Also, though I see someone else asked before (and got no replies), anyone know where I might find a (Japanese style) zafu meditation cushion in Thailand? Or something similar?

meditation pants2.png

These clothes are easily found just before and during the "jai" (vegetarian) festival which is 10 days at the end of the Buddhist Lent, usually early October-ish. Other times of the year, harder to find in stores  but at that time you can find them at all superstores (Tesco Lotus etc) easily.

Otherwise Lazada always has but of course there is a risk in terms of fitting when you buy online. Unless it comes in an XL I wouldn't try it.

Lazada has cushions as well

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=meditation+cushion&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.21da33c2nm8zMN

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

These clothes are easily found just before and during the "jai" (vegetarian) festival which is 10 days at the end of the Buddhist Lent, usually early October-ish. Other times of the year, harder to find in stores  but at that time you can find them at all superstores (Tesco Lotus etc) easily.

Otherwise Lazada always has but of course there is a risk in terms of fitting when you buy online. Unless it comes in an XL I wouldn't try it.

Lazada has cushions as well

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=meditation+cushion&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.21da33c2nm8zMN

Yes I bought mine in Phuket for the Vegetarian festival. AKA The 9 Gods festival. Fantastic maddness!

There is a whole row of shops selling such clothes in front of Dhammakaya temple, but it's a bit far out of Bangkok, as it's their sect that popularize wearing of white to show their holier than thou attitude. 

Being humble means wearing what you have, not seeking out 'pure' gear to adorn yourself with 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 5:05 AM, digbeth said:

There is a whole row of shops selling such clothes in front of Dhammakaya temple, but it's a bit far out of Bangkok, as it's their sect that popularize wearing of white to show their holier than thou attitude. 

Being humble means wearing what you have, not seeking out 'pure' gear to adorn yourself with 

Humility is more 'Jesus', associated with his challenging the Jews' claim to superiority - Buddhism is about mindful meditation and compassion and if wearing certain gear helps one in those aims, go for it, I say. 

The Bumrungrad suggestion was, apparently, a joke. Still, I went there...there's a shop that sells pajamas for in-patients, but those are hardly appropriate for a meditation retreat of the type I just went on (at Suan Mokkh, in southern Thailand, for the second time...first time was 2002).

I did find white 'meditation clothes' at Pratunam, however. If you're at Central World and go down the road to Pratunam and keep going about half way to Baiyoke Tower, then enter one of the passages on the left that goes into the rabbit warren that is Pratunam, there was a little shop on the left that sells them. They are perfect for a meditation retreat: light and loose...and since we had to do our own laundry at the retreat, because they're so light and minimal, they take no time to wash and dry. Many others wore things like T-shirts, 'elephant pants,' etc. That works fine, too. 

FYI

Archived